Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In search of Scimitar

Ke'Cholo puffed on a cigar as he stared over the terrain of Endor. His crew had arrived on the planet in search of a fabled starship that belonged to a trilogy of Sith Lords. Qaeth Idos approached Ke'Cholo from behind and began to speak.

''The vault is a few kilometers away from here, if our intel is correct it's in an abandoned vault owned by Darth Sidious''

''Why couldn't we just fly there?''

''Surrounded by humongous trees, it'd be difficult to land.''

''Well, let's get going.'' Ke'Cholo said, stepping onto the landspeeder. The rest of his crew (Qaeth, Jal, T'Chungo and 'Ed') stepped in with him. Ke'Cholo slammed on the gas and they were off. He weaved in and out of hollow logs, canyons, and dense wooded areas.

The landspeeder soared over the terrain of the wooded planet. Qaeth looked nervous by the quick and sudden turns the Duros made, he was after all in the front passenger seat. Ke'Cholo steered with one hand and smoked his cigar with the other, only adding to the danger of his quick driving. While driving, Ke'Cholo narrowly missed a large tree but scraping the side of the speeder.

''Stop driving like a maniac! And slow down...she's only a kilometer out.''

''Let me do this, I know what I'm doing.''

Qaeth glared at Ke'Cholo as he continued to weave in and out of the unpredictable terrain of the planet. Ke'Cholo did not seem fazed when he would narrowly miss a tree, rock, or structure, but continued on as if nothing had happened.

A few moments later.....

After quite the journey the crew arrived, safely, at a large durasteel door cut inside of a hill. The door was extremely large, 30 meters by 30 meters it looked it. Rust had overcome it many years ago, and it seemed that the only functioning thing outside it was a small terminal. Qaeth Idos approached said terminal and activated it. The device sprung to life, the panel lit up blue and it began to boot up. After a second or so, the terminal was operational and Qaeth began to hack into it.

The terminal was equipped with the best and most recent anti-hacking software...from 800 years ago. Ke'Cholo looked around the front of the vault, to the that ancient Sith Lords walked this terrain was, mind boggling to say the least. Qaeth became fascinated with the terminal, he focused on it for several minutes while the crew talked amongst themselves.

''So, what's inside here again?''

''Ancient Sith ship called, the Scimitar. It's a beacon of the dark side, alchemized.''

''We gonna use it?''

''I'm not sure, I ain't a sith but it has other benefits. Come's with a speeder bike and maybe even a cloaking device. If I don't use it, it'll go for 100 mil. at market. Some sith would make friends with jedi to get this thing...Qaeth, how close are you to unlocking that?''

''Just a moment, I'm having a hard time as the terminal hasn't been used in several hundred years.'' the Mon Calamari was squatting down and examining a recently opened panel at the base of the terminal. He messed with the wires, and upon connecting a pair of them, the giant metal doors slid open.

The metal doors slid open, and various rodents slid out. They skittered around to different parts of the forest, attempting to get away from the giants invading their home. The sign of rodents meant that the chamber was not airtight, something that did not bode well for the ship's health. Nevertheless, the crew ventured onward, into the metallic cave.

As they entered the dark and damp cave, water dripped from an unknown location. The five of them swiveled around as they walked, constantly looking for what traps the ancient Sith had placed. Upon Qaeth stepping on a pressure plate, a turret popped out of the floor. Hearing the trap activate, Ke'Cholo turned around and blasted it with his Phrik Westar-34's. It only took a few shots from the powerful pistols for the device to be taken out of commission, permanently.

The group looked at each other, and continued on, just a bit more carefully. They walked for a bit longer until they reached a set of two doors. One read ''Hanger'' the other ''Weapons Locker''. Ke'Cholo motioned for them to walk through the door leading to the hanger. He lead, with them all following.

Ke'Cholo, with shotgun drawn, led his group down the dark and damp corridor. Their only light was Ed, the EDG Droid Bodyguard, he followed close behind his master. Traveling down the corridor was rather uneventful except for the occasional rat that brushed past someone's foot. Upon reaching an opening on the left side of the corridor, Ke'Cholo turned around and motioned for everyone to get ready.

When they were all inside the room, the door suddenly slammed shut and a set of lights turned on...
''Where are we?''

''I'm wonderin' that too, Q.''

Almost on command, a large roar filled the room. All of the humanoid members seemed shocked, but Ed was not fazed in the slightest. From behind one of the central pillars, a large sithspawn rancor emerged. It roared at the intruders of it's lair.

''Crud, that thing probably hasn't had a good meal in several hundred years.'' what Ke'Cholo didn't know is that the Rancor had been enchanted to be able to survive several thousand years without any food. This rancor was looking for it's first meal in 800+ years.

The rancor reared up and charged full speed at the group. Acting quickly, Ke'Cholo grabbed his double barrel shotgun and fired both barrels at the beast. Two barrels of buckshot barely affected it! Ke'Cholo reloaded the weapon with anti-armor slugs and yelled out

''Everyone, split!''

The rest of the group scattered around the room in different directions. The rancor's momentum was too much for it to stop, so it crashed a gainst the wall and the entire room shook. Qaeth sprinted for the other side of the room and T'Chungo followed close behind. Jal made way for the right wall while Ed and Ke'Cholo hugged the left wall. The beast was obviously dazed from it's crash against the wall, it took a moment for it to recover. While doing so, Ke'Cholo unloaded several rounds of anti-armor slugs. Jal placed several calculated shots in the beast's back, but it seemed unfazed by both.

Ed brandished his four swords and prepared for another charge. Realizing another kamikaze charge was at hand, Ke'Cholo pulled out his phrik Westar-34's. The beast turned around and sized up the three groups of opponents.

ROAARRRR!!!

The beast was angry, it's head was throbbing with pain from the violent contact with the wall. It charged the first opponent it saw, Ke'Cholo and Ed. While charge for it, Ed's combat protocol kicked in. When the beast was only a hectometer or so away, Ed jumped up and mounted the face of the beast. He would stab it's eyes multiple times in quick succession while Ke'Cholo slipped underneath the beast and unloading two power cells of ammunition into it's soft underbelly.

After turning the rancor's eyes into mush, Ed climbed over the back of the beast and dismounted it. He reunited with his master who was continuing to blast the monster with his pistols. Ed drew his DL-44s and joined in the barrage of projectiles. During all this, T'Chungo was activating his massive back mounted canons with the assistance of Qaeth, Jal was also continuing to take calculated shots at the rancor.

The canons eventually came online and T'Chungo wasted no time, he set their power to 100% and unloaded on the beast. High powered energy projectiles pierced the thick armor of the Sithspawn and injured it heavily. After the volley of shots paused for the weapon to cool off, the beast slumped down in an injured state.

Cautiously, Ke'Cholo approached the injured Sithspawn rancor. It's chest slowly expanded and retracted, it was holding on to life. The beast's eyes was mangled so it couldn't see the approaching Duros. Ke'Cholo drew his double barrel shotgun, anti armor slugs loaded, and tip toed towards the head of the monster.

Aiming the barrels of the weapon at the beast's head, Ke'Cholo almost pulled the trigger when the arm of the rancor reached out and grabbed him. The beast was only playing dead, Sithspawn did after all make creatures smarter. The rancor opened it's mouth and pulled the Duros upwards. Suddenly the words ''Guidance system status: Online'' played from the canon T'Chungo was wearing.

A maelstrom of blue energy projectiles swarmed the rancor's arm and mouth. It dropped Ke'Cholo to the ground, where he retrieved his dropped shotgun. He would then raise the weapon the the soft spot on the rancor's neck and fire. The beast suddenly collapsed a final time.

''Son of a nerf herder.'' Ke'Cholo said, loading new shells into his weapon. He turned around and headed for the now open door.

''Let's get going'' Ke'Cholo yelled as he motioned for his crew to follow him. He stepped through the mangled door that had, moments earlier, been rammed by the rancor. One by one, Ed, Jal, Qaeth and T'Chungo came through. Making sure he wasn't leaving anyone behind, he continued down the hall.

The corridors of the metallic cave were very old and monochromatic. They always seemed to be damp or wet, causing the air in them to be nauseating. It was one of the more, uncomfortable places they had been. Nevertheless, the crew trudged onward and inward, further into the cave.

The traveling was scary, the corridors dark, and the reward awesome. The constant fear of what was ahead plagued the group for their entire visit. After traveling down the halls for several minutes, with no end in sight, Jal spoke up.

''Are we close?'' he said, from the back of the group.

''I have no idea, from what I heard...Sidious had way too much time on his hands.'' Ke'Cholo said, scanning the area in front of the group. He would occasionally swivel around and check the group behind him, as to not lose anyone. Turning back around, Ke'Cholo was faced with a large door.

''Let's take a rest before we go in.'' Ke'Cholo slumped down against the left wall. The rest of the group followed, except for Ed who remained standing. Ke'Cholo reached behind and took off the knapsack he was wearing. Upon opening it, Ke'Cholo found and rationed various foods. Steaks, sandwiches, dumplings, and even some pastries. Qaeth didn't each much compared to T'Chungo who devoured an entire steak and a handful of pastries.

''Wonder what's inside...'' Jal said, munching on a sandwich. He was halfway finished with it when he rewrapped the remnants for later.

''I hope it's the Scimitar, if it ain't...I'm gonna be mad.'' Ke'Cholo stared back down the long hallway, the entrance to the outside world was barely visible.

Opening the rusted metal door was not a challenge due to Ke'Cholo's intense strength. He peeled it back and light flooded the room, inside of which was a large object covered by a sheet like object. Ke'Cholo stuck his head through the door and looked around, as he did so two turrets popped up in the corners of the room and fired. Ke'Cholo quickly pulled his head back in and blaster fire whizzed past the door.

''The turrets are positioned in a way that they can only be seen after we enter the room.'' Ke'Cholo turned around and said to his crew.

''Perhaps...I...may be of assistance?'' a rather unfamiliar voice from behind them asked. Ke'Cholo drew his Westar-34 and turned around to face the stranger.

Darth-Maul-Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Cartoon-Network.jpg
''Why are you here? How did you get in here? Who are you?'' Ke'Cholo asked rapidly, blaster raised. The red, zabrak, male grinned a smile that could only come from an insane man.

''I too seek the relic you have found, I followed you all down the corridors using Force Stealth techniques, and my name is Makoto. I have taken up the mantle of my ancestor, I now seek his ship.''

''You are Darth Maul's descendant?''

''You are correct, O' metal one.''

2746032-darth_maul.jpg
''What happened to your legs?'' Ke'Cholo asked, as the Zabrak's cloak moved revealing his robotic legs.

''They merely slowed me down, I offered them as a sacrifice in order to become more attuned to the dark side of The Force.''

''You cut off your own legs?''

''When put in such blunt language, it makes me seem as if I didn't know what I was doing. I suppose you could say that.''

''You're insane.''

''But, I'm the only person that can get you past those turrets.''

''No, you're not. I got anti-armor slugs that could blast both of those out of existence.''

''By your language you imply there are only two turrets in that room.''

''What the force are you talking about?''

''I have schematics of this entire complex, there are exactly 14 turrets in that room.''

''Where are the plans?''

Makoto tapped on his pointed head and grinned an insane smile.

''You're lying.'' Ke'Cholo pulled the trigger on his Westar-34.

Makoto still stood. He had raised his hand and used The Force to absorb the blaster bolt, sending it out of his other hand, pointed down the hall. The Zabrak blared his eyes at Ke'Cholo, he was obviously insane. Ke'Cholo was astonished, but his complexion didn't show it.

''Alright, lead the way...Makoto.''

The Zabrak nodded and stepped past the men. Upon reaching the door, he simply disappeared. Ke'Cholo turned around to ask his crew what just happened, but them seemed as astonished as him. Suddenly, sounds of explosions and machines grinding their gears could be heard. These sounds continued for a moment but stopped when the Zabrak reappeared in the door.

''I have a way with machines.'' he added, sarcasm evident in his tone.

The crew entered the room and observed the carnage, broken and disabled turrets littered the room. The Zabrak strolled throughout the room, observing all in it. He turned over tables, chairs, desks looking at what was left behind. He eventually turned his gaze to the center of the room towards the covered object.

Ke'Cholo moved in to help him take the cover off, but suddenly stopped at the sound of a voice.

''Stop right there! Republic Military!''

Ke'Cholo turned around to face a lone Jedi flanked by high ranking officer, the officer had drawn weapons and the Jedi was clutching an orange lightsaber.

''What are you all doing in here?'' the officer asked Ke'Cholo, the rest of his crew had scattered around the room.

''Scavengers, trying to make some credits.'' he responded.

''That jacket says otherwise, not to mention those phrik Westars you have.''

''I found them.''

''Sure you did, you're coming with us.''

''On what charges?''

The Jedi's chest suddenly was pierced by a crimson blade, Makoto had managed to use Force Stealth to evade the Republic troops. The two troops turned around to face him but were immediately afflicted by Force Fear. They instantly became afraid of the Sith and attempted to run away, but were caught by his force lightning.

''Hmpf, well let's get this cover off and get out of here. More of them can't be far behind.''

Makoto moved to the left side of the ship and grasped the cover. In conjunction with Ke'Cholo the two moved back the cover to reveal a chrome ship. It was the Scimitar.

''We found it!''

''No, I found it.''

''You've already lost your legs, don't make me blow off those scrawny arms.''

''You couldn't kill me if you tried meatbag, the darkside itself pulses from this ship, I feel it.''

Ke'Cholo drew his phrik Westar-34.

''Give me one good reason I shouldn't blow your head off.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom