Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In search of purpose

Piecing together the past. Xardus walked through Nar Shadda, a hood over his head. He seeked a place to last,. something that would not have him dead. A thought he had of the alleyways, before the night took hold. The memory threatened to burst for days, at the same time staying untold. The man found himself a headache, not what he had intended. So he took to having a break, in hope of trying to mend it. "Give me your strongest brew", he ordered of the barkeep. He drank the drink through, and it threatened him with sleep. The second round was not as bad, so he'd have another. He wondered if he'd go mad, and beat somebody's mother. The poor lad's memory failed him too, he could not tell his age. Ten, twenty, thirty-two? Let's just turn the page.

[member="Krest"]

[member="Xardus Folidaar"] just so happened to be drinking beside a very oddly dressed Zabrak. With his clothing of blue, red, and brown he sat on a stool with a frown. He himself was here for no reason, mostly cause his life was on track. He was not bothered as he walked throughout the town. Well, prior to coming in here of course. Not many could expect him to move, let alone talk. He clearly wasn't here for any tours. And definitely not here for a walk.

But he would notice the man oh so blue. And despite his hard outlook, he would have a word. Cause he himself had been there too! Yet he did not want to seem so bored.

"Tell me, my friend, what has you sad? I noticed your drinking to be new. There can't be anything that bad." Of course there was that shoe. The shoe on the counter, so black from rot. It seemed to be a dressing, a place for people to see. Of course, people would rather not. But the Zabrak didn't notice as he sipped his tea.

Taking a drink to dull the senses, the drunkard paid his due. Before he could talk of fences, another inquired his blue. "We have no business, friend, i'd rather not say." He lifted his drink to the sky, and doubled up his pay. The force he felt was no more, at least for the current time. He could not tell the table from the floor, but asked for a good lime. Shaking away his inner thoughts, he tried to think of nothing. Thankfully, the drink he'd bought, attested that to something.

[member="Krest"]

[member="Xardus Folidaar"]

"I'm simply caring for a man lost to his drink. Can't judge me for that aye?" Of course, this wasn't all you'd think. Krest was here simply because he didn't want another to die. With a man drinking, dulling his senses it could lead to a destructive end. Especially one who had skill in the force. Krest could already see the destruction around the bend. And Krest didn't want that of course.

So rather then let there be a nameless victim he stood up. Quickly his right hand shot out, aiming to hit the other's jaw. Throughout all of this he did not even spill his cup! Yet his fist was not a kittens paw. Through the air it went, fueled by the force, for he knew all to well this drunken man would be strong enough to resist. His right foot firmly planted, his left loose to the ground. He'd be sturdier then an egg in a nest. What better way to use a pound?

The stranger protested clear as day, his face showing concern. To show his act, he wanted to play, his fist felt like a burn. "You come at me with those puny things?", he demanded at once. "I'll tell you what I intend to bring, you incredible red dunce." He gave a blow to the chest and missed, hardly a hit worth of talking. He fell to the floor to which he kissed, the rest of the bar balking.

[member="Krest"]

With a wave of his hand the Red man stood tall. The bar patrons would step away, allowing the duel. With a small smile and a grin, he would laugh as his foe would fall. "You can't even stand, are you a tool?" Not the best insult, he would admit. But the point was to edge his foe on. Yet it had to count for something, even a bit. With both hands up, a serious face he would don.

"Are you ready my friend? I can't let you walk. Especially with the wounds you will tend. But cab you still talk?"

"I can speak fine", the drunkard said in a daze. "Come at me swine, while i'm still in a haze." He jabbed and he punched, his eyes glazed with the will to fight. Though it wasn't very much, he'd soon be in some plight. Stumbling about, he tried to get his bearings, between this odd bout, he swore he saw herrings.

[member="Krest"]

Krest, still sober as a stone, was free to move left and right. He was quick do dodge, and even quicker to strike. His fists were quick, his fingers held tight. Aimed for his foes head, to give him a good night. But he was no fool, to believe himself winning. After all it was a force user he fought. He pulled away quick, his force signature brimming. Though his tea was still there, the one he had fought.

The bearded one was tipsy, his reflexes dim. He eyes his opponent, could he possibly defeat him? A fist found it's way aside his head, and stars crossed his sight. Everything was a tinge of red, he almost said goodnight. "I don't remember being so blind", he would say before departure. That's when he lost his mind, his drink doing the talking. He tackled the man with all his might, ramming him to the floor. If he was told to go fly a kite, he wouldn't be anymore sore. One, two, three punches score, he kept up at the game. He wanted blood, he wanted more, and it wasn't even for fame.

[member="Krest"]

A slight sneer on a whim, the Zabrak did get. After all his foe had jumped at his chest. But there were others around, each offering a bet. It seemed they wanted to know which was best. Falling down to the ground, Krest let out a gasp. He certainly didn't expect his foe. But his arms shot up, going to clasp. But nothing they found, and he stubbed his toe. Three punches were thrown, landing here and there. But the red man seemed fine, grinning without a care. With another small smiled, Xardus would find air. For the Zabrak had turned, perhaps to even scare.

With a face dark as night and a fist red as blood, his hand would shoot out. Perhaps it was time to end this bout. Of course, he sang with a shout. "Be the end of this, ya big lout!"

Xardus fought with hand and hand, his arms threatening to give out. His body felt like sure quicksand, he couldn't even shout. The fall had taken quite a toll, he had not seconds to give. His eyes shone like a burning coal, was this how he wanted to live? Looking up to the red man, he closed his eyes in defeat. He had done all one can, he didn't want a repeat. Slipping off into the void, he wished once again he was sober. For when he next woke up, he'd have one hell of a hangover.

[member="Krest"]

It was around this time that the guards had come. Rather then stick around, Krest picked up the man, explaining that he would take care of [member="Xardus Folidaar"]. Which went over rather well, especially with the guards being dumb. Walking out of the bar, the goal was far. To walk to his ship, hidden from view. He would take care of the man, at least till he woke. And hopefully he would rest himself till the morning dew. Or end up broke.

Eventually waking up, Xardus found himself inside a ship, with a real nasty hangover. Moving anything hurt, so he figured on just laying down. On the slim chance there was actually anybody in the ship with him, he called out, "Where am I?"

[member="Krest"]

"I can't move", Xardus stated, matter-of-factly. It was true. It was as if every part of his body was on fire. "What the hell happened to me? I've been having memory issues, but I think I would remember whatever happened if it hurts this bad."

[member="Krest"]

"Well, you got drunk, we fought, and here you are now!" Krest spoke matter of factly before sipping at his tea again. "But, other then being unable to move, you're all good?"

Xardus tried a small nod before giving up. "Yeah. Other than that, i'm fine. Why was I getting drunk? I've never even been to a bar... I think." He racked his brain for the information, which only gave him more of a headache.

[member="Krest"]

"Of that, I am not sure. Why you drink is you're own reason. I'm no mind reader after all." Which, while some Force Users were actually able to, was true. He had no mind skills save for defending himself. His job was to beat people with a laser stick, not play around in someones head. "But what is true is the fact you've been wasting your time here. Come with me, I can give you family and purpose." Krest nodded once to [member="Xardus Folidaar"] , his tone very serious.

Xardus lingered on the words for a second. What was that in his eyes? Hope? Desperation? He needed something like that... But he'd never thought he could have it. "Where would I find such a thing? How would..." He paused for a second to sit up at last, facing the man. "What do I do?"

[member="Krest"]

A ghost of a smile would hint at the lips of the Zabrak before he motioned for [member="Xardus Folidaar"] to follow. "Just stick with me, alright?" With that he would move to leave. To Naboo the pair would go. And perhaps Krest found himself his Second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom