Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Plain Sight

Only a handful of months had come and gone since the murder of Jor'si's beloved parents. His mother, a Zeltron dancer, was clubbed over the head by a drunken patron one evening at work....and his father, a fallen Jedi, had flown into a race and claimed the life of the drunken murderer; only to be hunted down and slain by the mob the drunk worked for. Following their deaths, Jor'si was completely alone and caught in a downward spiral of depression and grief. He went about his days with little care about anything, which eventually cost him his bartending job and depraved him of any income. Now stuck between a rock and a hard place, the young man decided to spend a portion of what little savings he had to get off Nar Shaddaa and make a fresh start elsewhere. 'Who knows,' was his rationale, 'maybe I'll find something worth...living for out there.'

He managed to convince a merchant heading to Dantooine for some "business" to allow him to tag along, but it cost him a ridiculous sum of credits. That boggled the mind of the young Force-sensitive, but then again they WERE on Nar Shaddaa! Once that was squared away, Jor'si situated himself and his small parcel of belongings as comfortably as possible within the cramped, musty cargo hold of the merchant ship. After a shaky takeoff, an even shakier hyperspace jump, and the most terrifying landing the young man had ever experienced in his life, Jor'si disembarked and decided to explore the city that had landed within. From what little he knew about the world, he ascertained that this was the capital city, and therefore the perfect location to start anew.

His first order of business: sating that nagging growling in the pit of his stomach. Straightway, he ducked into the nearest diner and was seated at a booth by the soft-spoken, elderly hostess. She handed him a menu and shuffled away, promising to return to take his order. Jor'si muttered his thanks and browsed their selection of foreign foods, ultimately deciding upon a sandwich of sorts that came with a meat-rich soup. With that said, he set his parcel of belongings up upon the table and rummaged through it for his credit chit, but came to a halt when his fingers brushed over his father's lightsaber. A sigh escaped the male, the depression rearing its ugly head once more, causing him to slump back in the booth seat dejectedly.

"Damn it all..." he muttered.

His mind instantly fell into a spiral of memories about his dear ol'dad: he recalled the drunken rages, the arguments with his mother, and most importantly the random episodes of "training". Ah yes, he could recall it as clear as day, his father would teach him some rudimentary art of the Force and then command him to keep his presence suppressed at all times. Then, he'd teach him a lightsaber tactic followed by the same edict of Force Suppression. Jor'si didn't get the big deal, was there an army out there looking for him? 'Heh, an army would be better than this...' he thought to himself, and then, with a shrug of his shoulders, released the suppression that hid his presence from those sensitive to the Force. Who knew? Maybe someone or something would come looking for him.

"But with the ever expanding gang presence on Coruscant, how can you hope to keep control without revealing yourself." Said a man dressed in a rather lavish looking suit, speaking loud enough to only be heard by the lady before him.

"Hun, it doesn't pay to worry about me. Well it does but needless to say I have everything under control. Said a lady with red highlights in her hair flowing down the back of her elegant gown. She wore the look of impatience with a certain feel of superiority.

Maybe because she was better than this man. For all his back handed complements and witty banter; he was a fool and a tool to be used. He was born from the vile depths of Coruscant, made a rather impressive name considering how terribly inept Kiara found him to be. Her irises were shaded a very transculent blue thanks to her contacts and her demeanor increasingly growing irritated. A more sinister side of her wanted to simply crush the man where he stood now before he eventually grew the idea to cross her.

However, in all her arrogance she never considered that maybe she would be leading herself into such treachery today. The force called out to her knocking her out of her thoughts and into the now, she felt three presences approaching her and the man before her was shifting and before she could react she felt the muzzle of his blaster between her legs. As a Sith she lived above fear, so all that could be felt was a sheer hot rage that literally set the force around her ablaze. If his gun has been anywhere but point blank range she could have killed all of these fools easily.

Since when did she allow herself to slip like this, she licked her lips the only sign giving away her inner turmoil but this time took note of a different taste. "Fucker you drugged me." It was honestly her fault however as she shouldn't have doubted that even a fool could have a good day. She felt the force shift once more at the arrival of another force senstive within the bar. Surely he or she would feel her troubles. From a quick use of her senses she could tell this user was not evil, wasn't entirely good either which may be the combination she needed right now. Her presence within the force was nonexistent which was merely a testiment to her skill in concealment. However, she projected fear within the force and a sense of helplessness and with the added effect of her Sith Magic she'd really seem like a damsel in distress.

It irritated her to have to use such a tatic but she nearly needed the attention diverted for one second and she'd devour each and everyone of them. As the other three goons walked up on her blasters to her head as well.

"You'll be coming with us Ms. Dupree." Said the lavishely dressed fool before said mockingly to her before nudging her to stand slowly.

Just as Jor'si relinquished the suppression of his presence within the Force, another presence made itself known to him. It was a presence characterized by, primarily, the most fiery rage Jor'si had ever encountered in all his days...but also distress. Almost instinctively, the young man wrapped his fingers about the hilt of his father's lightsaber whilst turning himself to face the source of this wrathful, distressed individual. What he saw was something that typically occurred upon Nar Shaddaa: a group of men pressing themselves around a rather attractive woman, probably with weapons pressed against her to make her cooperate. 'Scum.' Jor'si said to himself.

With not a word, he rose from the booth and tapped into the unique ability he had gained from his mother's blood: the capability of transferring emotion to another. In this particular moment, he elected to strike fear into the hearts of these men, gripping their hearts in an icy chill that would halt them in their tracks. Next, his finger slid across the lightsaber's sleek surface, and with the signature "snap, hiss", its violet blade roared into being. He pointed the blade at the back of one of the man and spoke in the most fierce tone he could muster. "Let. Her. Go."

To make his point perfectly clear, he moved the blade in a deadly arc, cutting open the male before him's exposed back. The attack was not deep enough to be fatal, nor was it enough to require hospitalization, but a swift enough graze to rend through the fabric of his clothing and leave a wicked singe in its wake. The unfortunate soul fell to his knees, uttering a loud cry that drew the attention of all the patrons within the diner. If they wouldn't release her due to his presence, perhaps they'd do so due to all the witnesses watching. Jor'si decided to play upon this train of thought and spoke once more, pointing his blade in the direction of the finely dressed man.

"What's it going to be huh? I'll give you one opportunity to let this woman go and to walk out this door...or I'll kill you."

Kiara watched with a mild interest as the male rushed over to her 'rescue.' She could feel a certain strength about him that intrigued her, she'd have fun with this one but unlike her last collaboration she wouldn't put anything past him. The man before he turned at first to voice obvious mockery, but she felt a tremor through all the men and suddenly a deep fear rose within them all. The same effects tried to wash over her, but her mental acuity and training against such tactics rendered her unaffected. Upon this revelation, Kiara shrugged out of her seat. Giving the men around her a coy smile, she rather delicately moved from within their semi-circle over toward her 'savior.' As she turned standing next to the man now, she grew a rather sinister smile and for a second the force shuddered as unnatural magics were being bended under her control now.

The destructive power of the Sith Magics caused the force to gain a rather oppressive feeling with which combined with the power of the force presence not fully released but open now crashed upon the men. Screams and shrieks of pain overshadowed all sounds and soon hushed all sounds within the diner, dark almost translucent tendrils of darkness rapidly crept over their bodies like acid burning away everything with a bone chilling efficiency. Their pain was akin to the most delicate dessert as she basked in the sheer ecstasy that their pain brought her through the force. However, for the one who dared to part her legs, she drew her magic from him ensuring a deliberately slow but assured painful death. A slight laugh escaped her lips as he looked into his eyes, seeing him broken now literally begging for death. Oh yes, death will come and bring her cold embrace but you will not have a quick one like your companions Kiara thought to herself.
"Sorry for disturbing your day, they merely caught me off guard with a slow activating drug. You seem like your used to taking what you want out of life, if only you had the proper skills to get it." She said to him in a playful manner, before flashing a bright smile contrasting greatly with the dark acts she performed.
"Over my relatively short time of life, I've watched many who shined so brightly in the force as you do squander their abilities or simply fade into obscurity are you amongst them as well?" She posed her half question quite skillfully as she could feel fear now teeming from the diner as it's guest went out of their way to remain presumably unnoticed by the two.

For a moment, Jor'si reveled in his "great success." He had managed to incapacitate the group of men with paralyzing fear and had liberated the woman of fiery hair from their grasp. To say the very least, he was feeling very satisfied with the power at his disposal. With a quick touch of his finger, he retracted the blade of his lightsaber and promptly stowed it upon his belt for the first time, thus prompting the thought: 'Huh, I look like a Jedi...' Then, he witnessed the most terrifying display of sheer might that he had ever seen in the entirety of his life. He had seen men die before. He had seen men beg for their lives before. Hell, he's seen men tormented before. Yet he had seen nothing like the destructive power wielded at the hands of the beautiful Sith before him.

It seemed as though the shadows themselves arose to act as ferryman, dragging them men kicking and screaming into Oblivion. Jor'si was dumbfounded: eyes wide and mouth gaping. Though the chill of fear gripped his spine and churned his stomach, he could not tear himself away from the feat unfolding before his eyes. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of relentless torment, the men lay dead at their feet and the mighty woman turned to face him. Jor'si gulped and felt sweat bead upon his brow; he gave full attention to what she said, and in the back of his mind steeled himself to tread lightly, lest he end up like those men.

"Y-Your assessment is...slightly mistaken Miss. I seldom take anything I want out of this miserable existence we call life. And to answer your question...today was the first day I had opened myself to the Force: the first time I had stopped suppressing my presence to those...like you. But no, I am not amongst those you had mentioned.."

He took a moment to pause, carefully considering what he would say next.

"I won't lie to you...I liked how powerful I felt when I confronted those men. I came to this planet to start anew, and to start...well...I don't want to squander the little bit of power I have."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Elsewhere

"...Roberts? Did you feel that?"
"Yeah. It looks like were not alone out here."

Two Jedi scowled as their speeder bikes came to a slow halt. Their dutiful exploration had been interrupted by a cold tendril of the Force creeping up behind their senses. It seemed like there was a Black One amongst them today. How curious.

"So. We should go check that out. Don't you think?"

Grant Pherson of Teta was a Jedi Padawan just like his companion. Karen Roberts of Corellia. Together they were a companionship of adventurers from the Jedi Service Corps. Engineers, builders, and warriors both. Clad in dark leathers and squinting hard against the sunlight of a new day, they pondered their next move.

"...Yeah. Good thinking. I'll radio the Lieutenant and tell him we're deviating course to check it out."
"Okay. After you."

Roberts made a quick call to her supervisor that they would be investigating Bogan Forces in the area. With the call made, they hit the accelerator on their bikes and speed forth. The Force would guide them in the direction they needed to go. Karen only hoped that by the time the Jedi duo arrived...

It wouldn't be too late.

Kiara found it rather amusing the nervousness she inspired within the boy before her, who quite honestly probably wasn't much younger than her. She knew she simply had a better head start than most, but after training and conditioning this boy could be a great ally or asset whichever he proves to be. However, she would have to make sure she doesn't grow compassion for him, while the boy seemed trustworthy enough now. The dark side had it's way of twisting the minds of it's users, Kiara could tell where she's changed but her willpower allows her to retain most of her natural emotional state. Her hair curly and short for her Alayna Dupree disguise she was currently utilizing. Her eyes had a rim around the irises with a distinct red hue which showed that finally her extended use of the dark side was beginning to catch up with her.

Nodding toward the door, she decided that standing next to dead people was normal for a business woman like she was pretending to be. With delicate but precise steps, Kiara began to make her way for the door her heels clicking with every step. As she stepped toward the door, the sun's bright rays seemed to add a certain glow to her highlights. Kiara almost wasn't sure was that her dark sided glamor or simply how well done her hair was. As the doors scanned that a presence was before it and began to automatically open the door, Kiara felt a tremor within the force. Something that almost made her growl in disgust, jedi were most certainly on their way. Her darker side caused her to slowly lick her lips, her saber hasn't taste jedi blood in too long. However, she didn't need to dispatch them when she could provide a perfect test for her soon to be pupil.

Turning with an elegance only one well versed in the ways of court could, she wore a light but somehow still mischievous smile. "To gain power like mine, you have to understand that their is more to the force than simply you. The force is everything and it is nothing, therefore anything is at your disposal as the force granted your skill in it's use beyond the mundane miracles at times performed." She paused for a second as the jedi were approaching quicker than she anticipated which prematurely ended her lecture causing her to say. "They're are two jedi on the way here, I don't care how or what you do but ensure that they no longer bother us." With that her force spiked for one more second before disappearing as she physically disappeared as well.

After an extremely brief address, the woman of fiery hair went from standing before the diner's door to vanishing in thin air. Jor'si batted his eyes in disbelief and looked about the diner to see if she had simply moved swiftly or if this was some sort of a trick...it was not. She was truly gone and there were Jedi on the way. She had given him an order to dispatch them in whatever way he so desired, but that sparked a conflict within him. Part of him, possibly the young, headstrong male part of him, raised an eyebrow at the fact that he was issued an order as such. The two had literally just met and now she was ordering him to kill people, Jedi no less. Part of him was apprehensive. He saw what the woman of fiery hair was capable of doing with the Force, imagine what those approachin could do...

And another part of him, the most dominant part of him, recognized the presence he felt in the Force. It wasn't that he knew the incoming Jedi personally, it was simply the sensation of their approaching Light that...reminded him vaguely of his father. Though his father had fallen, though his father was flawed, there was still a goodness and light within him that Jor'si had grown accustomed to being exposed to. In a manner of speaking, Jor'si felt that it was his father approaching the diner, and that though caused his eyes to water and sting. He stepped over to his booth in order to collect his belongings, and his thoughts, stowing his parcel within the confines of his cloak. He took a moment to plot out his next course of action and exhaled. At the very least, he'd meet the Jedi and hear what they had to say before...acting...

With that resolve, he strode out of the diner and into the light of day.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen and Grant pulled up outside the park that separated the diner from the commons. The Force had led them here with great speed. But alas, this is where their guidance ended. No longer was there the beacon aura of a dark sider to draw them forward and no longer it seemed did the Force offer it's aid in uncovering her. The Light Side was stumped. And the two Jedi couldn't have looked more perplexed.

"Anything?" Karen mused to her partner as she dismounted.
"Nope. I don't feel a thing. ...Could we have just missed it?"

Grant frowned as he swiveled in his seat. His hand tugged at his lightsaber as his eyes scanned their surroundings with eager mistrust. He didn't smell a trap, but nothing was sitting well with him today. This was just getting tedious. Didn't he have better things to be doing.

"Grant. There. Him." Karen nodded her chin towards Jor'si. The male seemed to be expecting them.
"Who? Him? ...That guy. Really? Our evil Bogan bad-guy is 'that guy'." Grant squinted hard and shook his head.

Jor'si didn't seem to fit the description of cunning master of crime. Or malevolent killer of worlds. So. Was this really the aura of dread poison that they had been tracking? It didn't seem so.

"Well. Okay Karen. Call him over. The least we can do is see if he knows anything."

Grant slide off his bike and shrugged. Readying his lightsaber behind his back and sighing audibly. After all, this wasn't his first rodeo.

"They travel in packs Grant. Just watch my back."

Karen fussed over the details. The Jedi had a strong immunity to many of the Dark Siders natural abilities. But that didn't mean anything should be taken lightly. Not today. She straightened her leather harness and snorted a reply,

"Hey you!" She waved to Jor'si. "Come here. ...We need to talk."

Grant frowned and turned his head about. Sniffing at the air as if he could smell out a Sith with his nose. All the while Karen pursed her lips and thought harder about the approaching male. The Force was mindful of this one. But ever so... Gray.

The smuggler's moon. One of the many armpits of the Galaxy. Darth Sidic had always had a bad feeling about the place, believing it to be a mockery of the Force, it's scent marked on anyone who walked it's disgusting surface. He viewed it as an uncivilised planet, not worthy of his time. His idea that it left a mark on whoever had been to it appeared to even be true when he saw a Force-sensitive wander upon Dantooine's capital. He sensed a connection to the Force in him, but also the horrific sense of Nar Shadaa. As he sat he watched two Light Siders approach him, likely Jedi, he wondered whether he could become a part of the Sith. He was strong enough and he seemed to have some dark emotions inside him. Most interesting...

Darth Sidic was perched on the balcony of the estate he had bought. The Darth held large sway and he believed that Dantooine was the home to massive Dark Side power. That had been his reason for his expedition, but now he saw the chance to recruit new Sith. It would be a bonus before Sidic continued his search for anything that may be related to the old, fabled Star Maps.

The two Jedi were attempting to speak to the 'grey' Force-sensitive. He could sense power in the two Jedi, but it was not completely honed. He suspected them to be Padawans, possibly new Jedi Knights. Nothing he couldn't hold his own against if things got violent. But he never intended lightsabers to be drawn. He had a chance to not only catch the Force-user but also corrupt the two Jedi. They were young and impressionable, and with enough manipulation they could even become Dark Siders.

He kept his strong Force signature as suppressed as he could. He had never perfected the ability though so it lacked complete stealth. It was possible to sense it but that it would take concentration in order to tell he was a Sith. He put on simple garments and hid his lightsaber underneath his clothes. He didn't want to fight, but if he could draw one of the Jedi into striking at him he may be able to twist them.

Still, they were in quite a well-populated area so a fight between Sith and Jedi would be awful for public image. Unless he could twist it against the Republic nothing would become good from a duel in a dense urban square. He sighed as he realised his truth, he would have to duel the training droids a bit more instead over on Korriban.

He left his house and made his way towards the Jedi, hoping his Force presence was not detected. There wasn't a war going on but tension was high and the chances of a war weren't decreasing. He would talk to the Jedi and offer fake clues to whatever their objective was. He could at least sabotage them. Or he could use some form of Force technique to manipulate them. He'd see what he;d do when the time arose. He wouldn't awkwardly appear but instead stumble into them... accidentally.

He was just walking past them when he bumped into the male Jedi.

"Sorry sir. I am quite clumsy really." He said to the two Jedi. He timed it so that the Jedi would be about to converse with the other Force-user. He would attempt to intrude on their conversation and be seemingly helpful to the Jedi. Nothing to arouse suspicion, he would seem like just the common merchant... At least he hoped. His Force signature very briefly let up, the strain it was taking to contain was beginning to show. It was an unreliable skill of his and currently was beginning to fail him...

Jhar'vokh for many, many weeks had been posing as an old hermit, wrapped in a brown cloak, his strained breathing aided by a respirator, and a cane he held in his single arm to help alleviate the pain in his bones and muscles. Of course, the hermit was rouse. In truth, Jhar was still in his prime, and very strong despite his looks. The charring of his bones at the hands of Darth Sidic have since been alleviated, the scars from his escape of the crazed sith Disciple are that is left of his near-perilous injuries. But still, the short Noghri used their collective appearance in his favor, creating a persona that is relatable, pitiable, in order to gain the sympathy of light siders. But if anything should fail, the cloak would fall, and his single arm would throw his cane in the air, snatched it out of the air and reveal in truth the awesome weapon in which it harbored: his lightsaber. His black-clad armor would clash with his elderly guise, and reveal the awesome might of Jhar: Disciple of Vader.

But Jhar did not plan to unwrap his disguise of weakness. He concealed his force expertly, a power that was second nature to Jhar, and it never faltered. The small Noghri snarled at all the larger beings, pushing past him like the hermit he claimed to be to them. He was not in his element, preferring more natural environment. But none the less he had been sent here, and he would faithfully follow the will of Vader, through the voice of his Envy. This was in no way an infiltration operation, or any sort of murderous pursuit. This mission was simple. Scout the area, locate force sensitives. Well then Jhar had most certainly found the jackpot.

From afar, the alien could see the two humans in the cantina. What attracted his attention? A distinct revelation of a Force signature, which was then muddled by a much darker presence. He saw as the lightsaber ignited, how the boy saved the apparently distressed women. Jhar though saw the horrid acts of the women long before she committed them, she absolutely reeked of Sith, from the lingering smell of her company, to the brief dispersal of a Dark side presence's in the force. Then she did surprise Jhar, and suddenly vanished just as well as Jhar could. A chill went down the Noghri's spine, remembering the night of Nightmares on Naboo, of how the insane Sith seemed to appear anywhere he wanted. Jhar looked behind him briefly, just to be sure.

Then two distinct presences in the force appeared. It seemed to justify why the Sith Lady vanished at the time she did, but at the power she exhibited it made little sense as to why she would hide from these to seemingly inexperienced- no, that was the wrong word- unproven Jedi. Then it started to make more sense, she was manipulating the undetermined one, the boy who had "saved" her. The two Jedi approached, and Jhar sensed an uneasy feeling within the boy, an undecidedness that seemed to make up his entire being. But then, man stumbled through the crowd in front of the about-to-be-conversing Jedi, when Jhar felt a spike of an all too familiar presence.

"Sidic!" He muttered under his breath. His hand tensed over his fake cane. Damn Sith Lord! Why would he be here? Jhar thought, contemplating what his next move would be. He had been the observer, and the Sith Lord had already tried the unassuming clumsy person. Perhaps Jhar would simply walk over unassumingly, and wait for what would entail. His expertly hidden force, would head him no attention, especially since he would affect their perceptions, removing the little alien from their peripherals. When the time came, Jhar would enter stage, diffuse the situation in his favor. The undoubtable fighting that would entail with the Jedi unproven's and the Sith Lord would most certainly cause turmoil within the boy-caught-in-the-middle. This would provide excellent opportunity for him, disguised as an older, weak alien, to provide the undecided one a third option, which he could decide on his own in the safe seclusion of Jhar's safe house.

So then, decided with his plan, he waddled over to the amassing group.... and waited.

As Jor'si vacated the premises of the diner, he was immediately faced with the presence of the Jedi duo. A solemn exhale escaped his lips as an uneasy feeling developed within the pit of his stomach. When the female of the two waved him over, he approached with extreme caution, taking slow steps until coming to a halt approximately seven feet away. Silence ruled him as he reached for his father's lightsaber, loosing it from his belt and igniting its violet blade for a second time. He made no sudden movements following this act, save for lowering his blade to his side in a non-threatening manner as to denote that he had no intention of striking. Yet, before he or the male of the Jedi pair could speak, they were rudely interrupted by one who appeared as nothing more than a merchant; yet, the man gave Jor'si a certain...vibe.

"You there," he said coldly, addressing the merchant, "clear out of here. You're in the way."

He didn't await a response before addressing the Jedi. His purpose for drawing his lightsaber was relatively simple: he wanted them to see it! Jor'si did not know whether or not the pair knew of his father personally, or if they would recognize his lightsaber, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. He wanted to learn more about his sire, and to be perfectly honest the Jedi Order as well. This was the perfect opportunity to find out, so without further ado, he spoke.

"Years ago, a Jedi Knight by the name Radia Denko carried this blade. Did you know him?"

Just as he concluded his statement, another being hobbled over to their growing group. Jor'si growled underneath his breath, his distaste becoming obvious to all those aware to the Force. It was as if a fire had been ignited in their presence, radiating the heat of his aggravation for all of them to hear. In that moment, he could care less about the order of the fiery-haired Sith, and was only concerned with getting answers. And he wanted them, NOW.

Kai Xyn Dependus

The Sexiest Jedi Alive
Today had proven to be an exceptional day, the meetings between the slow but arduous Dantioone Council had actually made progress. Of course everything was still in the air, Kai had heard rumors of another seeking to cause a rebirth of the jedi but Kai had yet to meet him yet. The warm yet relaxing breeze of Dantioone always helped booster his natural calm that years of training and discovery through the force had gained him. Currently, he sat on a rather large boulder in the complex's entertainment park. Sipping on a cap he hoped to have found himself a place to center himself as the force like always was ever shifting.

For a moment he'd found his clarity, but as soon as it came a dark oppression crashed through his senses. It sent the force back to the clouds of his perception, without pressing it much he allowed himself of a small vision merely a second. He saw a cantina with people in front of it, he couldn't tell who anyone was or what they were but merely the fact that the force showed him the cantina clear enough spurred the relatively young battlemaster to action. Sliding down the sloped slide of the cantina, he tossed his the rest of his caf as he took off. The cantina wasn't that far but on feet it would take a couple of minutes considering he couldn't use the force to aid his run as people's opinion of force users in the galaxy already wasn't too popular.

It took Kai a moment but he noticed the dark oppression was gone but still the dark side considering the amount of powerful presences no matter how concealed would still linger maybe not attached to said person or persons but to the area where it was last displayed. Many force users couldn't grasp such a concept but when one opened themselves up completely to all sides of the force as he did a lot became clearer. As Kai arrived toward the long way to the cantina, he observed what he now felt to be two jedi in training and another force user. That much didn't cause much alarm, so what had called him to arrive here. He wasn't allowed much more thought as the force user ignited his saber which alerted Kai to by instinct his hand already on his saber. He ended his stride standing next to the jedi called Grant, Kai hadn't recognized him which made Kai think he probably was one of the jedi from the 'other' order. Kai remained silent but he ignited one side of his double bladed lightsaber just in case the irritated 'gray' force user decided to attack.

"I know of the one you speak, and you do bare a resemblance. Do you know where he is? My mother used to speak of him before. . . " He allowed himself to stop right there, danger was close and the last thing he needed to do was get lost in his memory.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen watched Jori'si approach as Grant glared at a merchant's clumsy misstep. Time seemed to stand still as the events unfolded before their eyes. A lightsaber sprang to life, a demand was made of the Jedi, and all so quickly that another Light Sider dared approach them. It continued swiftly and without delay. Jor'si spoke, two hidden (undetected) Dark Siders listened, and Kai ignited his blade. It was all too fast for Roberts and Pherson. All too orchestrated and cunning. All too casual and unseen. Something had gone wrong beyond their vision and their eyes were blind to see it. Something had changed.

Grant sent Karen a mental message as his eyes burned holes in a merchant's head, ~ Listen to me Karen. I know what your thinking right now. But this isn't a recon mission anymore. It's a draw. Or it's a trap. They know, and they know we-know. Force Signatures don't just disappear. Our quarry has gone to ground. These fighters aren't him. ~

Karen replied in thought, ~ Be mindful of the present Grant. Think of the swords beside you? What of them? Is this not a mystery to be solved? Is this not our way? ~

~ Think further Karen. Feel with the Force. Think. Us... Them... What matters most? ...Use your eyes. Your nose. The poisonous aura is gone. There is nothing left for us to chase. We're done here. It's too dangerous to go playing hero when unseen eyes wander all around. Look. See the world change around you. There are two swords in the air, no allies to be found, and the devil smiles upon us like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Think Karen. Listen to the Force. It is silent in this endeavor. We are alone. ...You know what must be done. ~

~ I. ...I know. Fine. Your right. We're done here. Let's just go home. ~

~ At'a girl. ...Come on then. Nice and slow. Just like that time in the Rift. Let's not push our luck any further. Eyes on the prize and squeeze on the trigger. Nice. And slow.~

Grant finished his thoughts as Karen gave a soft sigh. The Jedi's expression didn't change. Their posture remained as it was. No sign that a conversation had taken place. The decision had already been made for them. And all they had left to do now; was walk away. Karen locked eyes with Jor'si and deep inside she felt sorry for him. For his defense and for his soul. With not a tear in her eye she turned. Mounted her bike and turned the key. As casual and calm as if nothing had ever happened. As if her voice had never been heard. Grant saddled beside her in his own passing way. His mindful and violent glance turned away from the clumsy merchant and back to the road ahead. His murmuring combat prowess well hidden behind a flawless wall of casual disinterest. Acting as though they weren't in danger. Pretending as though nothing was amiss. They smiled at the two drawn swords as if they were paper. Smirking at death itself and happily carrying on with their day.

Karen and Grant saddled upon their bikes with simple, effortless speed. And dumped the clutch with an actor's smiling disdain. Their exit came in a flash of smoke and debris, as they fiercely speed away. Up, up, and away. Leaving their strange company to settle the score. In a game that no Jedi ever cared to play.

___

~ ...Ya know. We did the right thing back there Karen. The Force was blind, our query was gone, and two drawn swords barred our pathway to peace. There was nothing we could do. The game changed. The mission changed. ~

~ I know Grant. I know. But the Force was mindful of that boy back there. And I can't help but fear that his fate will be far worse than ours this day. ...So let us pray. May the Force be with us always. ~

~ Always and today. ~

___
*ooc: exit

The pair of Jedi said nothing in response to the inquiry Jor'si made, thus contributing to his growing aura of aggitation. Before he could repeat himself, another of the Jedi Order made his appearance, coming to a halt beside the male of the two apprentices. Jor'si opened his mouth to repeat his question, but before the words formed upon his lips, the male had already answered....But it was not a satisfactory answer. 'This...Jedi...dare withhold information from me?!' Jor'si roared to himself, his grip tightening upon the hilt of his father's saber. His eyes narrowed and slid to bore into the skull of the newcomer, his teeth grinding against one another as his agitation grew and grew with each passing moment. Finally, the powder keg ignited.

"BEFORE WHAT?! ANSWERS DAMMIT, DON'T YOU HOLD BACK ANYTHING FROM ME!"

The duo of apprentices had begun their retreat from the scene just as Jor'si lost himself to his anger. Here he was, standing before a Jedi. A JEDI. And even he couldn't give him a straight answer. He wanted to know why his father fell, he wanted to know what to do, he wanted a purpose. He was so...lost. Yes, he was more lost than a pup wandering all alone in the big city with no idea where home is. Deep inside, he craved the answers so that he could carve out a meaning for himself and to give himself some semblence of peace...Yet the silence, the fragmented answers, the illusions, all of it failed to satisfy him.

So he reached out and called down the might of the Force, thrusting his left arm forward to unleash a wall of force unrelenting: a powerful push of telekinetic might that could easily toss a speederbike clear across the plaza. It was directed at the Jedi before him who dare withhold information from him. Jor'si did not know the strength of the one before him, nor did he care..all he knew was that he WAS getting answers, even if he had to rip them out.

Elara Hulis

E
"Calm yourselves!" shouted Elara, who stood by several meters from the ensuing conflict.

To Jor'si and potentially other people spectating this event, Elara may have appeared odd. As a Miraluka, she kept the area where eyes normally would have been covered. This day, her brown hood drapped low enough to cover that. Just a half-inch of her dark headband showed below the rim of the hood. A tan robe covered the rest of her body. Below was a light, beige tunic. No lightsaber could be seen on her person, yet.

In order to explain Elara's presence in this delicate situation, well, she was just nearby for the time being. Yet, this juncture in Nar Shaddaa proved to have become a very volatile one with the hidden Sith, alert Kai, retreating Grant and Karen, and disturbed Jor'si. It turned out the coincidence of being there at that specific time may prove to be a lot more troubling than Elara anticipated.

The moment Jor'si threw out his left arm, Elara extended her right hand toward Kai. Her own influence on the Force acted at the same time as Jor'si's did. This created a stalemate in their own telekinetic pushes that would have to be carefully undone if they did not want to create more trouble.

As she maintained this push, Elara spoke out to Jor'si and Kai in a strained but calm voice, "Ease yourselves. Carefully. You will have your answers, but you must be patient!"

Jhar didn't like this, there were far too many force sensitive's in the same place at once; and with the arrival of the newest Jedi tensions have escalated. Normally he would be fine with this as it fit quite well with his plan. However, this new one seemed capable of calming the situation, thus he saw it as his responsibility to accuse the Jedi of intruding his privacy. He did not release his suppression, but rather dropped their warped perception that he was not present, and interjected.

"Bah! You Jedi folk are all the same! Patience! At a time like this?" He hesitantly hobbled over to the young man. "This man needs answers, and he didn't ask for them to be answered five, ten, twenty minutes or even an hour from now, Jedi! He's asked for them now, and you are obligated to answer them! It would be no better than if you were lying Sith." He accused and waited once again for their retorts to the contrary, which of course they would have none other than their distinguished from Sith. This though would also muddle Sidic's image as well, hopefully causing him to give up in this effortless endeavor.

"Calm yourselves!"

The words shouted by the Jedi female were initially ignored by the young force sensitive. His temper had turned him into a predator preparing to strike fast against its prey. Yet as he unleashed his telekinetic might, he found himself within a battle of the Force which reminded him of years past. Back when he was a boy, his father would give him random lessons in the ways of the Force...one day in particular, Radia took it upon himself to teach his son how to Push and it resulted in a heated contest of telekinetic power. 'Calm yourself!' was what the Jedi Knight would always say to his fledgling son, so temperamental and eager to prove himself...Jor'si found himself clinging to that memory as the Jedi female again told him to calm himself.

"A-Alright..." he stammered, suddenly aware and ashamed of how foolish he was acting. He was akin to a child throwing a fit when he couldn't get his way. With great care, he eased up on his Force Push, a change that his "opponent" would recognize and mimic until there was no longer any telekinesis being employed. While this went on, the Hobbling One moved over to the scene of the contest of Force and spouted some retort about the Jedi's obligation to answer his questions. Jor'si barely paid him any mind, as he was concentrating on not getting himself, and the hobbling one, blow across the plaza by a wall of the Force.

"You there, shut up." He spat, continuing to lessen and lessen his Push, praying that the Jedi would do the same. 'These...are the people my father was once apart of. These are the people who uphold what is good and right in the galaxy..they're not the bad guys. They sure as Hell like to take their time in giving answers but...they're not the bad guys.' Jor'si said to himself: a silent reminder of the truth of the matter. As he strained to carefully undo the Force Push, he retracted the glowing blade of his lightsaber; the hostility was gone.

Elara Hulis

E
As she held the telekinetic stalemate with Jor'si, Elara then heard some bystander, Jhar'vokh in disguise, begin to heckle and berate her. She did not acknowledge the man, though, and promptly ignored him unlike what Jor'si had done.

In the same speed hat Jor'si did as well, Elara relaxed her push. The visible stress upon her faded away as well. She let in a relaxing breath once all of her influence waned and it was seemingly safe.

Taking a step toward Jor'si as he attempted to explain things to the harassing man, Elara spoke out to Jor'si with a composed tone, "Pay him no attention. It will do your judgment and emotions no good."

It seemed as if Kai was not in a talking mood at the moment to explain his relationship with Radia. Therefore, Elara continued with, "I cannot guarantee that all your questions can be answered here. Yet, if this Radia was a Jedi, then there will be much information at the Jedi Archives."

With the stalemate now passed, Jor'si's hand fell to his side and a sigh of relief escaped his lips. He did as the Jedi before him had advised and promptly resolved to ignore the presence of the hobbled one adjacent to him thenceforth. Folding his arms across his chest, he racked his mind for where he had heard of the Jedi Archives before...Coruscant! Perhaps there he could find the answers he sought regarding his father, and more importantly end the quest to find a reason for being and a purpose to live for. The Jedi before him was the model of composure and control, and part of the young man envied that.
"The Archives are on Coruscant, correct? If I go there...is there any chance that the Order might accept me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom