Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In a little Cantina just the other side of Kessel

R4N-JR

Reliable recovery for a reasonable price
In a little cantina, Section Eight, just the other side of the border of the Kessel Sector sat a droid. Many establishments didn't serve his kind, but he was different. Politely he ordered drinks even though he didn't partake himself. He purchased for the sentient around him, for contacts, for potential sources of information. He was very generous considering how stingy people often said he was. Ranger didn't care. It was just another business expense, you had to spend credits to make credits and at these sorts of establishments one could make a lot of money. Not through gambling, although the droid tried once he couldn't understand the human bluff. No he could make money simply through information. Where potential bounty targets were, where a man needed cargo smuggled to. There were many chances for wealth. Bounties could be collected, ships interdicted, criminals informed on, although he found that led to a poor reputation and loss of profits, and all manner of skullduggery.

Ranger sat in his corner booth flanked by two blue Twi'leks who were leaching drinks off of him. These type of women he found often had information, and people confided in them. In addition they were colorful and considered attractive, and he noticed that others treated you different, more prestigious if you had that sort of female hanging onto you. They were paid of course, why would any organic female be attracted to a droid? Fetish's do exist but knowing that a droid could never love you back... He paused, could a droid love? Certain droids could be loyal he'd seen that type before. Either way it didn't matter, he was here for a job.

The constable-class ship dubbed Wayward Angel II had been a dream to fly. She had taken the Bear's advise, packed her things and fled Mandalore desperate to escape the eyes of her brother's as they tried to determine whether she really had gone insane. The ship, however provided her little comfort. It was still unfamiliar to her and lacked the robotic counter part Bandit that had always kept her company. So she had pointed herself towards Kessel and to a little cantina that had two very promising prospects.

Contacts and Alcohol.

The alcohol had long ago gone to Mia's head, though he speech wasn't slurred and her movement was only slightly affected she felt its affects as it slowly began to numb the pain and dull the fear that lingered at the back of her mind. With her head on her arm she stared at the bar through the dark liquid in her glass, determining whether she should actually make and effort to find work or just enjoy getting drunk. A small crowd had gather in a corner and Mia sighed and looked up a familiar droid catching her eye.

Mia grinned and slipped from the seat. Free of her armour she wondered if the tincan would recognise her from Generis or not. she ambled over stopping behind the robot she folded on arm across her chest as she sipped her drink. "You get to all sorts of places don't you tincan?"

R4N-JR

Ranger acknowledged the woman with a tip of his hat. "Strange meeting such a pretty thing like you in a place like this." He signaled to the twi'lek girls and they walked away leaving his side. "I knew we'd meet again, you couldn't resist my chrome exterior." Ranger winked. "So how can this droid help his lady friend?"

"You know, you're lucky you're a tincan. Because if you were flesh and blood your comments would have earned you a black eye or two." she said as she slipped into the chair adjacent to him as the twi'lek girls moved away a small smile on her face. She wondered what it was about this droid that made him mimic the behaviour of people around him.

"What can you do for me?" she repeated with a chuckle. "Absolutely nothing, unless you know anyone looking for a hired hand. I just figured that a proper introduction was needed." She offered her hand for him to shake "I'm Mia."

Just one night -- no work to do, no missions, no bills to pay, babysitter taken care of. Just one night to step away from whatever and have a drink.

Of course, he still had to carry the gun. The Gun. The Mandalorian Shell Gun that he'd carried across half the galaxy in service to the almighty credit and the aforementioned bills, as well as Omega Pyre. And because of that, he had begun to develop a very small reputation. Ergo, the gun.

So he sat and sipped his drink, cradling a beskar shotgun.

Iron Giant was... an oddity, in the Galaxy. So far from home. It was rare to see her kind to begin with, but most people responded to her presence in awe, not because of where she came from. But what she had become. She walked slowly as 240 kilogram beast, in her specialized Armor. She wasn't trying to cause trouble or anything, in fact she was in her second least armored and weaponized layer, and she couldn't very well walk in a hunk of of metal built solely for swiming in non-hydrogenated water.

She wasn't normally a traveler on her own whim, but since not much was really going on as far as war was concerned, the fish had a lot of free time in her fins. Sometimes, it wasn't always beneficial to be a Mercenary. But what else did she really have? You're entire life has been taught that the war never stops. But here she was, warless. Was this hell? She couldn't decided yet. She was fairly sure that she just quite her job and left her life behind. But what was life if all she did was make the same weapons over and over again? She might as well be a machine. But even in this place... she was pretty much viewed as one.

She didn't know what she was doing here honestly, as her contacts were provided through the Syndicate and the Hutt Cartel. Additionally, she didn't even know if it would be safe to consume the drinks the aliens offered. They may be universally safe for Carbon's, but she was Silicon. She didn't want to be the one to discover the answer if it wasn't safe for her. Regardless however, this appeared to her as a social activity common amongst races, so she went to preform the action of sitting somewhere, and simply watched with curious sensors.

R4N-JR

Ranger stared at the hand. He knew what this was, a handshake. "A Handshake was a a short ritual in which two people grasp one of each other's like hands, in most cases accompanied by a brief up and down movement of the grasped hands," Ranger said. He stared at the hand. It was what organics did when they met. Ranger accepted the hand and partook in the ritualized greeting of biological beings. He was careful not to crush the woman’s hand in his as he shook it gently. "I am R4N-JR," he replied. "But my..." his head twitched, "friends call me Ranger. Back at the accountant firm they called me Junior. You may call me Ranger. I like the name, it is appropriate." He ceased all movement with his hand and lingered for a moment, just long enough to say, "It is a pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance."

Recalling his hand to his side he reached for his blaster as he stared. His sensors recorded the face of a new patron. “Bounty detected,” he said followed by a mock human laugh. “Wouldn’t it be awful if I was like that?” Facial recognition was 99%. This was his target, but information said he only traveled with his gang. He would need to observe some more. "So what brings you here Mia?"

Mia chuckled at Ranger's explanation of what a handshale meant before accepting her hand and shaking it. "Accountant huh? That explains some stuff." she said releasing his hand and cooing it around her drink. At least she knew why the Ranger had such and issue poarting with credits. "Doesn't explain you're current role in society though."

She followed his photoreceptor glancing briefly at his target. "I've seen prettier beings." she agreed with him before looking back at Ranger. "I'm looking for work." she replied to his question "And enjoying the alcohol while I look." Her eyes moved about the room, looking for potential clients as she asked "How does an accountant end up as a bounty hunter?"

Slowly, very slowly, Jorus became aware of a swoop biker's posse. Oh, they trickled in one by one, and they certainly didn't seem too violent at the moment...

But then a big Rodian bounty hunter stood up, burbled something at the boss, and pulled a disruptor.

And violence erupted.

Biting back a curse, Jorus grabbed his shotgun. This was, perhaps, not his wisest move.

Quickly, things heated up. Quite literally, actually. Turning up from a deep shade of red everything began to appear blue, in her thermal vision. It would appear that in danger, these alien creatures began to heat up. It made sense but it always slightly alarmed her how quickly mammals did this. Those of her kind responded to the temprature to determine the out come of whether or not they engage in a fight, for these mammals, it apparently didn't matter, they could fight at any time regardless of temperature conditions. For that she envied them, as she was not like them in that respect. Thankfully, her suit was a closed environment, and wasn't often affected by the changes in temperature out side unless the change was disturbingly significant.

She wasn't sure exactly what it was that caused the mayhem to erupt, but in defense, and possible offense should it be required, Iron Giant stood up from her chair. Turning to face whatever the commotion was all about, she accidentally knocked over her table, which in turn caused a bit more of a ruckus. She pulled her own weapon, a simple and ancient E-11 Blaster Rifle. It was primed to kill should live's need ending. She hoped she didn't have to, in this case she only wanted to observe. If they would not allow her this priviledge then she would end whatever their dispute was before it got out of hand and the little Cantina turned into a war zone. Once this place was a war zone, there would be no where to hide from Iron Giant. Electrical fury echoed through the waters within her suit as she ordered the xeno's to cease their dispute immediately.

"Cease. Alternative, death." Rang a vaguely female human voice, that had a distinct robotic tinge to it. She raised her weapon to what would be eye level for her, as the semi-robotic suit aimed for her. She disliked that in this suit, there really wasn't much in the area of skill to kill. In reality it was more the suit's job as a Mercenary, and her job to observe. Though it rarely happened, she felt that she had more freedom in her swim layer of her armor, as that actually allowed her to do something. In any other mode, she simply told it what to do, and it responded. It was a sorry existence really.

R4N-JR

Ranger watched as the Rodian bounty hunter made his move. He was a fool. Ranger remarked to Mia on how the events were unfolding, "This is unacceptable." His audio output mimicked human annoyance. "That is my bounty." Standing up the droid gripped his holstered pistols. He watched as the iron giant demanded the conflict cease. That wouldn't work...

The Rodian grabbed the gang leader and put a blaster to his head. "This one is coming with me," said the Rodian. Ranger chuckled in a mechanical cackle.

"That one is my bounty." He didn't need to review the bounty notice. He pulled out his pistols and fired. The gang leader was struck in the chest bythe stun bolt making his body go limp. "Dead or alive," the droid said as the limp body fell. The dead weight proved too much for the alien who allowed the slack corpse to fall. Once the Gang Leader was clear the Rodian pulled his blaster. The shots were off target shooting around Ranger. "Amateur," Ranger said firing at the man downing him with several blast.

If only that were the end of it. The gunfire had attracted the rest of the swoop gang who were lurking outside. And now the fun began. The gang burst through the cantina door weapons firing. Lives were at risk, unacceptable! Ranger returned fire, the blue streaks from his weapons discharge darting toward the entry door....

Mia sighed and as the scene erupted behind her. Slowly she brought the glass to her lips and allowed the last of the liquid to slip down her throat, smiling at Ranger's annoyance, flinching slightly as he took the shot. This was not her fight she wasn't going to get involved.

That was of course until blaster bolts aimed for ranger began to whizz past her head. Ducking she pulled free her own blasters rising in time for the rest of the targets gang to enter. "Haar'chak, Ranger!" she snapped at him as she returned fire before flipping the table over for cover and ducking behind it. "You could have been more subtle."

Other patrons screamed as the battle exploded, ducking beneath tables and scrambling for other exits. One of the several gang members had broken away from the main group looking to flank Ranger. Rising from her hiding place Mia spotted them and jumped over the table firing at them as she did forcing them into cover.

Standing shoulder to shoulder with Ranger she added her own blaster fire to the light show, keeping an eye on the gang members that were trying to creep towards them.

R4N-JR

Ranger kicked over a table and laughed a maniacal laugh designed to intimidate nearby sentient beings. The blue stun bolts flew across the room in an attempt to suppress the gangers. Mia took up position shoulder to shoulder with him. He kicked over a nearby metal table to give Mia cover and continued toward the bar where he lept over and took cover within. "Animals are scared of fire," he said to himself as he pulled an alcoholic beverage from the shelf, stuffed a towel in it and lit it with a nearby lighter. He threw the flaming bottle at one of the nearby groups of men and laughed. It burst and nothing happened. Baily's Blue Milk Liquor didn't burn... good to know. Ranger ducked back behind cover and prepared another flaming salvo. This time when it hit the area burst into flame. Perfect, he thought to himself, animals don't like fire....

"You folks wanted...fire?"

The Mandalorian Shell Gun's left barrel belched an incendiary, and a gigantic fireball scoured the swoop gangers. Jorus fired again, and a cloud of weaponized Zeltron Elixir of Infatuation filled the room. Instant distraction. Instant lack of focus.

For the enemy. Mostly.

"Oh, you son of a..." Mia groaned as the elixir hit her. "Stupid fething pheromone stuff." she bolted away from the fire and elixir finding herself cover with clear air she shot a dark look to the shooter.

"Nice gun." she snapped "Normally I wouldn't mind you shooting near me , but since I'm without armour, I'd appreciate better aim."

"Yeah, well, half of them are torched and half of them are busy feeling each other up, so you're fething welcome." He knocked out a back wall panel with the butt of his gun and ducked through.

Then quickly retreated back into the bar. "Uh...they've got backup. Brothers watching their swoops. Ready for a little butch-and-sundance before the jokers in here realize they're mostly straight?"

R4N-JR

Ranger walked along towards the leader as the Elixer worked its magic. Organics were strange, he decided in that instance as he scooped up the gang leaders limp body. He could see the the mans chest moving, breathing. Good. Stun weapons could cause harm to unhealthy organics or those with unique biology. "There is a back door," Ranger said with one hand holding the man over his shoulder the other trained on the bar covering him. He walked backward until he reached a small hall leading to the restrooms. "They probably have people out back, be prepared to make a break for it." And then he turned and "winked" at Mia. "I'll catch up with you pretty lady."

Mia sighed and shook her head. "Should've worn my armour." she muttered pulling a com link from her pocket "R-six, fire up the Angel."

Gangs like this didn't forget faces, and they seemed to like their bosses, so things didn't bode well for remaining on Kessel. Leading the way through the 'Staff Only' door, Mia moved with precision, her pistols pointing where ever her eyes went.

Back door.

She pressed her ears against it counting voices. Four? maybe six? Easy. She grinned pointed to Jorus gun and at the door, indicating the first shot was his. Before taking half a step back, kicking the door open and flattening herself against the wall to give Jorus a clear shot before she made her own move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom