Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Running, I'm Scared [Kiskla Grayson]

No...

It can't be...

Why can't I do something about it?

Why are they trying to catch me?

Maria, a Darkside Apprentice, sometimes referred to as the Witch of Arx Mortis, was running. The planet she had already reached was Umbara, but it seemed like she was still too close to the hunters. They were following her even from Crystalsong, then they nearly catched her in the Confederate space, but then got away from them when she reached the Republic space. Strange. She didn't remember if she had ever been to the Republic's territory before.

She had visited nearby places, but not the Republic itself.

Now the One Sith was attacking the Republic and the supreme democratic power in the galaxy was falling. Coruscant had already fallen, and Maria had heard Carida is the Sith faction's next target or something. Or the battle had already started, she didn't remember exactly.

Leaving her ship and sitting down for a moment, Maria took a deep breath. She had some time to think until she would have to leave. The hunters were probably really close again, maybe even in nearby systems. She had to act quickly, there was not too much time for rest. While sitting, the woman took a chocolate bar from her pocket, opened the package, and broke a small piece of it, just enough to give Maria a tiny energy boost, but small enough to save most of the chocolate for later.

Looking around, Maria noticed how dark the planet actually is. Now she was able to see why it was called the Shadow World. There was not enough light, even though telling by the time, it was supposed to be sunset.

Well, that seemed to be the weird thing about Umbara. Every planet had something unique, yet plain stupid.

Rising to her feet, Maria had to continue her run towards the other side of the galaxy. She knew she would have to fly through the Mandalorian space and then pass some independent area until she reaches the New Order territory. Or she would go to the One Sith, which would truthfully be her best option considering the fact that One Sith seems to be the most powerful - or if not, then bravest - faction in the galaxy. They would surely be able to provide some protection to Maria, right?

Umbaran natives were already coming.

That's what Maria noticed.

Were they going to kill her?

One of the hunters was with them. They were all weaponed. They were, indeed, going to kill her.

Maria's heartbeats got a lot faster.

And they were everything she could hear.

No...

[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Umbura was a Republic planet, and housed the Circle of Shadows — a counterpart of The Jedi Covenant that was a branch of the Jedi Order that perhaps needed a resurrection. Or perhaps, the installation needed to be entirely removed instead of being re-invigorated. Either way, it wasn’t a decision she could make from a briefing room on Anaxes — she needed to investigate for herself. Her tiny A-Wing worked as her vessel for this particular voyage, as she didn’t intend to stay long, nor pick up any passengers.

The records were restricted and encrypted, full of information about the Circle of Shadows that only the Grandmaster was privy too. Apparently, however, it had been greatly read by Carn; who showed a lot of interest in the development of the Shadows.

A couple of banshees soared overhead, their brilliant emerald lights igniting the path for her momentarily. They were uninterested in her, however. That was strange. Kiskla wasn’t used to being ignored, by enemies or allies alike. The blonde, clad in black, frowned visibly. Ahead she could feel a collective amount of energies gathered — all the way out here? ..Random.

There were some shouts, and the banshees released a loud wail as their hides were pierced with native’s weapons. A twist of green light fell from the sky until they hit the ground; being devoured by the darkness.

What..the..? Was this some sort of hunting party she was about to walk into? Oh dear.

She wove through the remaining flora, before her eyes caught sight of the ship ahead of her — and the cluster of individuals approaching the single entity.

There was nothing immediately striking about anyone’s signature. No Sith, perhaps a taint of darkness, but there was certainly a presence in The Force; one that would not fare well for the locals if something went awry.

Their intentions were felt and categorized as definitely hostile. And the trepidation from the person a distance off was also tangible. Now, Kiskla was new to the scene, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t put two and two together. She also didn’t want anybody to come to any harm on this little adventure.

The first weapon was lifted, and a single streak of red plasma shot from the barrel of the blaster toward [member="Maria Zambrano"]. Immediately, the lithe and agile Jedi sprung into action, letting the Force make her unnaturally speedy to the point that she skid to a stop in the path of the bolt. The energy that manifested as a strip that streaked through the air collided with her body. Instead of exposing her flesh and blood beneath, it raced over her body frantically, zipping over her shoulders and around her waist until completely being absorbed.

“Let’s all play nice now, why don’t we?” The young woman commented, holding up a hand to indicate that the locals should wait before making any further advancements. “Or at least give some explanation for the unwarranted violence on Republic soil.”

The woman who had suddenly appeared... had just saved Maria. Why? Who was the woman? She had to be a powerful Force user to use such a power. What was the power she used? Tutaminis? If yes, then it had to be a really advanced form.

Who would be so powerful to use something like that?

The hunter who had most likely come to kill Maria stepped up and started talking, his voice being low and even a bit scary, "The person you are protecting over here is a Sith, a Darksider. And that's not all. She is also a traitor, who has to be brought to the court. Now would you please step aside and let me take her with me so that my Lord could do what's right." The hunter seemed to be really confident, his voice remained the same during his whole speech, even though he knew what kind of person he was talking to.

Who did I betray? Why does he say I am a traitor? What did I do?

Maria's heart started trembling, she was afraid for her life. Her heartbeats were still the most she was able to hear, though she had heard both the woman's and the man's speeches, so it wasn't all that bad. Still, the fear didn't allow the Witch of Arx Mortis to talk. Her mouth was open, just like she would have wanted to say something, but no vsound came out.

It was better to wai until they let Maria talk, until they asked for it. It may have been fatal if she would have decided to speak at the wrong moment.

Taking a step backwards while still observing the woman and the hunter, she wanted to get out of there. She was thankful - the woman had saved her - but there was no time to express it. She felt like she would have to get out. Yet as soon as she took a short look at her ship, she noticed more and more Umbarans coming, surrounding Maria, the Force-user, and the hunter.

She couldn't leave now.

"If you bring her to court, perhaps you should lower your weapons. A corpse puts up a pitiful testimony." The Jedi Grandmaster had a point, and she would stand by it. "Who is your lord?"

She allowed him to respond before turning her attention to [member="Maria Zambrano"] at the appropriate lull in the conversation. Her palm was still facing the crowd that was gathering -- quite a bit of attention for one girl who was obviously quite out of her element. They were obviously wary of Sith with all the attacks, as was she.

Apparine's defection had put everyone on edge, and even moreso the head of the Jedi Council; still, she had a duty to protect those perceivably innocent. "What is your name, and why does this party have a reason to their claim?"

The hunter did not want to answer to the woman's question, but he felt like he has to. "The Empire of Panatha has asked for me to get this traitor and bring her to the court. It doesn't matter who's my lord. At least it shouldn't matter to a Jedi like you." Yes, the hunter was a hotheaded guy. Whenever he felt like he's failing, he got angry.

But the woman was already questioning Maria. Now it looked like it's her turn to talk.

"I... I'm. Maria-" she started speaking, her voice trembling, her face obviously showing the emotion known as fear.. She nearly told her real name to the woman. She was not a Zambrano anymore. Not at all. "I'm Maria Natalja. I don't even know what I did to earn such a game of "catch"... I just..." Then she had a realisation.

"... told my cousin that I feel like I am slowly turning to the Light Side."

"It does matter, if you're on Republic Soil." The woman replied, holding her stead and position without any sway from the curtness of the hunter's words. Without much more encouragement, [member="Maria Natalja"] replied.

Kiskla was looking at the gathering crowd when Maria admitted her alleged heinous crimes. "The light side is a process of redemption, Maria." Kiskla commented, dropping her hand to her hip and affording the with a glance, looking her over to see if there were any visible indications of falsehood. After Master Apparine's betrayal, it was safe to say The Redeemer's standards were a little more hard-pressed than usual.

"Your cousin is a Lord of Panatha, I presume?" She looked toward the crowds once more, and furrowed her brows. "Stand down -- you hold no jurisdiction here."

"Yes, he is..." Maria answered, still afraid of the hunters. Whether they were bounty hunters or just servants of her cousin, they would still do anything to get her, she feared. Kaine was not a gentle being, that's what she had come to understand when he talked about how their aunt was considered a traitor due to abandoning her birth name. "He will not stop hunting me before I'm dead, I'm afraid..." she continued, her voice trembling, her body shivering, her breathing really fast.

"Look, miss. I am just doing my job and this bantha poodoo is wanted in the Empire of Panatha. She is wanted in a region the Republic doesn't have a control over. Now please... hand... me... the traitor," the hunter continued. He seemed to be really stubborn.

And only then did Maria start putting the puzzle together. The woman who had come to protect her was a Jedi Master, a powerful one, most likely even in the Jedi High Council. The hunter had referred to her as a Jedi before, and judging by her powers, she seemed to be a really strong one.

Kiskla wanted to know more about this [member="Maria Natalja"] character, especially since she had been in the art of reconciliation for so long. It was difficult, however, to further the interview with the incessant nagging of the Umbaran hunter. He had his duties to perform, as did she. Usually she wouldn't be so interested in the affairs of randoms, but Maria had plainly stated that she was being hunted because she was showing an interest in the light side -- as The Redeemer, it was not something Kiskla could ignore.

"Then when she is in that region, you may assume control once again." The kiffar stated, plainly enough while drawing the awesome power of the light to her core. "In the mean time -- " that part of her speech was moreso for herself and an explanation for Maria "--do you know any sleeping spells? If you're a witch, this could be a good time to extend your knowledge."

"A sleep spell..." Maria spoke with surprise. She had never thought something like that could be possible. But she had to try. She couldn't show such a weakness in front of a powerful Jedi Master, who was most likely even in the Jedi High Council. No, definitely not. Of course, she was still an Apprentice, but saying she can't do something wasn't exactly her style. It came from her stubborn nature, but also from the Zambrano family's honour. She couldn't lower her own honour any more.

She was no longer a nobility, no longer a Zambrano. She was hunted, tracked by a group of people who were destined to find her from whereever she she is.

"This is my one last warning! If you don't let the traitor go, the bounty will also expand to you. Most likely you already have one, but you'll get another one from the Panathan rulers." The man seemed to be really good at his job. Well, not because he could catch Maria and the woman, but because he didn't stop hunting before he got the person. Or, well, until things get too dangerous.

"Do you want me to use it on him?" Maria asked.

"All of them." Kiskla said simply, ignoring the man's threat. She didn't respond to people who attempted to throw their weight around and use their political sway for persuasion. In all instances, actions spoke louder than words; however she didn't want to give this man nor his acolytes of influence the opportunity to evidence their intents.

Her light eyes shifted from the rally of Umbaran's and the single Panatha-born hunter to focus on [member="Maria Natalja"] expectantly. If she couldn't produce what was necessary, Kiskla would have to think on her feet.

"I am but an Apprentice and not good at the Force, but I may try..." Maria spoke, sounding like she were apologising for something. Then she closed her eyes in order to sense the people better. Focusing, Maria quite quickly found most, if not all of the people, and sensed their life, their every breath, their movements.

She was not too good in Force powers, yes, but she seemed to have a talent in Force Sense. If she could have only used it for something cool, she could have been a great Force user. The only problem was that she couldn't do much with that.

Now she would have had to do that.

What did sleep feel like? That was the only thought which kept Maria's mind occupied. She can't do something like making people fall asleep if she doesn't know how other people feel when they are sleeping.

The bounty hunter was getting really furious and the way he raised his weapon was a sign that he would even kill the woman protecting Maria to get the traitor.

Think...

A dark energy slowly started moving away from Maria. It was like a black fog which also had a few patches of other dark colours: purple, red, blue, green... Like a wave, it started moving away from the former Witch of Arx Mortis in every direction. As it moved away from the former lady, its radius became longer and longer.

"Miss... I'm afraid you must protect yourself from the wave somehow," she spoke, mainly still concentrating on keeping the wave going. The fog was only seen by using the Force Sense, otherwise, there was most likely nothing, maybe only some smoke.

Kiskla was a master of manipulation. She lived a twisted web of half-truths and innocence, while still extraordinarily aware. This ability to deceive was strong also with her prowess within The Force. As the tendrils twisted from the body of the so-called traitor, a small bubble erected around Kiskla to keep her immediate environment unscathed from the weaving of magics. Bit by bit, the particles that encircled her were dissected and torn apart before they could manifest any sort of drowsy weight on her eyelids or mind.

To further assist the spell, since [member="Maria Natalja"] had admitted she was but an apprentice, the woman concentrated on the witch-induced sedation that crept into the unprotected minds of the encroachers. With a wave of her hand, an echo of persuasion rattled through their minds and twisted in amongst the pink cerebral centipedes beneath their skulls. This echo was a whisper of calm serenity, a very extension of Kiskla's own anchor-like signature that would make them feel as if they'd entered a sanctuary and no longer had to lift a finger of resistance.

With the combination of both the apprentice and the master, the first Umbaran to the far left dropped to his knees. Then his companion swayed. Soon, like dominoes, their rigid postures crumpled into a comfortable state of pure relaxation. Of course, the one with the most resistance was the hunter -- but even he ended up on his stomach with a blissful expression.

"So you are a witch." The Jedi observed finally, waiting for the smokey waves to dissipate before releasing her hold on the immediate environment around her. "Why are you on Umbara -- it seems as though your only crime is admitting your curiosity to the light side. I don't know you, but the road isn't smooth. Although, it seems you're used to obstacles." She gestured casually to the softly breathing audience a short distance away.

"Thank you!" Maria muttered after the Umbarans started dropping down. She understood she couldn't have ever done that by herself. Then she opened her eyes, seeing how all of the close people actually slept. It was funny to see all of them suddenly laying on the ground... Especially funny was seeing the hunter lying on his stomach. Maria nearly giggled. Nearly.

"I... didn't know such a thing existed, to be honest..." she then spoke after the woman had said Maria is a witch. Then she remained silent to listen to the woman continuing her speech. Indeed, her crime was 'falling' to the Light Side. A Lightsider would probably never understand something like that, but a former Zambrano did. And it was terrible to know that moving to the good path is so dangerous. But she had started the transition and even though it was mostly near impossible to get rid of the corruption, she had to continue, she had to take on the peaceful disciplines of a Lightsider to avoid falling back to the former state.

"Indeed, my crime is changing sides. But as my cousin is such a person, I think it's not too much of a surprise. I wanted to get away from my former home, leave the Fringe's nearby places. I wanted to get to the northern areas of the galaxy.

But I guess I am not going too far away, after all."

"You're as far away as you choose to be. The light is a never ending journey of self-exploration and overcoming challenges you didn't and couldn't know existed." Kiskla paused, tapping her lips slightly in thought.

"Your cousin sent this horde after you. Who has that kind of power, and strikes that much fear into you?" Yeah, you can't hide trepidation from a Jedi. [member="Maria Natalja"] had been oozing a scared aura from meters away, and even now there was something lingering about her; despite the sedation of the immediate threat.

Maria looked down and sighed. She wouldn't prefer to talk about her cousin who is a warmongering tyrant, but it looked like this person really needs to know who he is. She would have to tell her. Now. Even though she didn't feel like it, hiding things would have most likely made everything even worse, maybe this person was a powerful Jedi and would have been able to help her?

"Darth Vornskr," she muttered, only clearly enough to barely understand what she said, most likely the people with bad hearing wouldn't have got that name. But the woman seemed young and her ears seemed to be working perfectly, maybe she heard what this nearly-Jedi in horrible condition had spoken.

"Kaine Zambrano, the Tyrant of Panatha, is the man. Do you know of him?" she asked only after a moment of silence. She had decided to be more confident, look into the eyes of the woman, and stop worrying too much. She was already in Republic space, in a place where she didn't have to be as afraid as she would have to be in every other place.

Kiskla didn't flinch at the information, her façade had never betrayed her and it would not now. Although, there was a twitch that threatened her lip line.

"We have something in common, then." Kiskla said, quite unexpectedly and rather randomly with this newfound information. Her hand extended to assist the crumbled body of [member="Maria Natalja"] to stand. "He wants to kill me too."

There was a long enough pause for a reaction before she started again. "I'm Jedi Grandmaster Grayson, by the way. If you're interested in pursuing a path toward the lightside, our introduction is a viable stepping stone toward redemption."

The fact that the other woman is also hunted by the man, though not like she herself is, made Maria surprised. What could have she done to make Kaine angry? Well, truth to be told, one didn't have to do anything seirous to cause the anger of this Sith Lord, but to kill the woman... She must have had done something really stupid... or been something Kaine doesn't like.

"Looks like you're right, there truly is something we have in common," Maria said after a short pause. "But what could have caused him to hate you?" That question was asked in a more quiet voice, it may not have been heard by the woman, that would have been the reason behind the short pause which followed, then.

But the statement after this pause surprised Maria. She had just met the Jedi Grandmaster herself, a person so powerful that most people even feared her. Was this only a dream? It must have been, Maria thought. She thought she would never have the opportunity to meet such a person. Personally. Probably the look she had on her face talked about her surprise, and with every second, it grew even more obvious that she nearly shuddered from the fact that she had just talked with the Jedi Grandmaster, that they had fought against the hunters together, that she had saved Maria's life.

"Wow," she spoke, more to herself rather than to Grayson. But then she continued a bit louder.

"Do you mean I could join the Jedi?"

Kiskla figured that Maria's reaction to the Kiffar's announcement was an answer enough to the question as to why Vornskr had tried to kill her. Or even possibly still was attempting to serve her head on a platter -- it was highly likely. Sith took insults rather personally, it went with the whole having emotions ordeal, and letting them get the better of oneself.
Instead, she addressed the second question [member="Maria Natalja"] asked about joining The Jedi Order. Kiskla was rather famous for her qualities to redeem, as she believed the road to the light was one many could attempt to travel; though few found absolute solace in pure benevolence.

She tilted her head slightly, resting her hands on her hips and gesturing where appropriate. "I mean you could learn about the Jedi, and learn with The Jedi.
There's more to joining The Jedi than signing a waiver." A flicker of amusement graced the youth's pouted lips "It's a process. A long road -- your life would no longer be your own, but rather dedicated entirely to be a sigil of hope and prosperity to those who are unable to bring it for themselves. A path dedicated to the protection of the masses, no matter how ungrateful they may be.

You came to Republic space for a reason. Does that sound like it?"

The Grandmaster's speech made Maria a bit thoughtful. Did she really want to give up her love for herself, love for anybody, and her selfishness, to enjoy the beauty of the Light Side of the Force, and protect, and aid those who have had to suffer? Did she want to fear the Sith for the rest of her life or would have she enjoyed staying away from the Republic space in order to prevent any attacks by the Jedi who did not allow the Dark Side to exist?

It was a decision she had to make. And she didn't have much time to think about that. It was the moment, the point in her life when she had a life-changing decision to make, and the decision - even though others may think otherwise - was supposed to be the final one for Maria. There was no way back after making it and choosing one side, therefore abandoning the other.

But then she understood what she wanted.

"I guess coming to the Republic space was not only my decision, but a decision the Force made for me. If I am here on Umbara, in the Republic space and saved by a powerful Jedi, I am afraid there is not another choice.

I do believe I am willing to take on the journey to the Light Side, and getting free from the darkness which lies in me."

"There is always another choice, Maria." Kiskla advised sagely, with a short nod of confirmation. "It will always be on your shoulders, however, to make them. No matter how difficult these choices may be." Okay, she needed to tone down the intensity and heaviness -- she would have apologized but she hadn't said anything out of line. Betrayal was at the forefront of her mind, and she was a naturally distrusting person as it was. It was crucial the young witch understand commitment.

"Good." Kiskla reached into her pocket and withdrew a small datacard, one similar to the one she had given Knight Sardun on Hoth. The information on this card was coordinates to the Jedi's camp on Anaxes -- it was a major area with heavy traffic. If [member="Maria Natalja"] decided to act out, there would be those around to ensure that she was contained. "You will find a Master there, Master Rekali. She will instigate your journey to redemption."

She glanced over at the snoring warriors, their stomachs rising and falling softly despite the noise. "I suggest you move soon."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom