Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Illyria Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
112.jpg

Image Credit:
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/Mechalus/112.jpg
Intent: To provide the Firemane Company and the Eldorai people with standard warship to produce and field.
Manufacturer: Silk Holdings (Production) Firemane (Design)
Model: Illyria class frigate
Affiliation: Kaeshana Confederation, Firemane Company and Clients, Omega Protectorate
Modularity: No
Production: Mass
Material: Durasteel and Titanium Alloy(Hull), Quadanium (Frame, Engine Block), Glasteel (Viewports)
Description: Slower than most ships its size, or class in general, due to its thick and heavy hull, the Illyria class is a Firemane design intended for frontline operations and for use in planetary and installation defense. Able to bear a heavy amount of damage though the Illyria class excels at exchanging salvos with enemy warships, while still maintaining a number of defensive emplacements to fend off enemy starfighters and gunships. As a mainline warship you could do very well in utilizing such a vessel. Firemane certainly thinks so now that they've enlarged their product line with the upcoming Republic and Sith conflict on the horizon, as they've even named these warships after the Eldorai goddess of death and hell who punishes the wicked.

Classification: Assault
Role: Assault Frigate
Height: 120 meters
Width: 90 meters
Length: 285 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1 (Main) Class 10 (Backup)
Minimum Crew: 260
Optimal Crew: 680
Armaments:
  • 5 Quad Heavy Turbolasers [40 Capital]
  • 5 Ion Cannons [5 Capitals]
  • 6 Proton Torpedo Launchers [6 Warheads]
  • 12 Concussion Missile Tubes [12 Warheads]
  • 6 Flak Cannons [6 Defense]
  • 6 Point Defense Cannons [6 Defense]
  • 4 Quad Laser Cannons [4 Defense]
Hangar:
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Redundant Shields
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
Passenger Capacity: 100
Cargo Capacity: 2,000 tons
Consumables: 1 year
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 6

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Hecate"]
To answer your question, yes, you can swap missiles for defensive guns. The rules for trade ins and the penalties to do so are found here.

Hecate said:
2 Heavy Proton Torpedo Launchers [4 Warheads] 8 Heavy Concussion Missile Tubes [16 Warheads]
The Capital Gun modifiers do not apply to Warhead Launchers. The only modifiers available to Capital Grade Warhead Launchers are Standard and Cluster (x4 modifier). The two types of Warhead Launcher accepted are Standard Warheads (Worth 2 Capital Guns) and Heavy Warheads (Worth 8 Capital Guns). You have listed two Heavy Proton Torpedo Launchers and 8 Heavy Concussion Launcers for a total of 10 Heavy Warhead Launchers.

Now, an Assault Frigate can carry 20 Warhead Launchers. You have listed 10 Heavy Warhead Launchers. With that listing, you have 80 Capital Gun equivalents, twice your allotment. If you want to carry Heavy Warhead Launchers, you'd only be able to carry 5 Heavy Warhead Launchers total.

[member="Hecate"]

I'm gonna step in for Popo here.

A buff and a nerf here; We don't recognize a substantial difference between Proton torpedoes and concussion missiles, so they're valued the same. So you'd have sixteen concussion missiles, not twelve.

On the down side, we hold flak cannons and point defense turrets to be equal to a quad laser cannon for defense guns. So those need to be dropped down to four each, from their present six.

And after some brief review, it comes to my attention that the Kaeshana are a minor faction, and as stated by the rules, are only allowed PC-captained ships. So I have to ask why they're having ships mass-produced for them, as this appears to be circumventing the rules by having an outside party do it for them.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

They are, and you're right they'd only have PC captained ships. However, the main point of the design is for Firemane the company that designed it, to sell it to clients such as the Republic in the upcoming war. However, because of the closeness of Firemane and Kaeshana it would be aghast to separate the ships from being iconic to the Kaeshana group someday. Its just readily available to them, its not saying they're going to have a fleet of these right now. If they ever have some it'll be mentioned their PC captained and the numbers kept specifically updated as such, I think.

And no yeah, its 12 concussion missiles, I dropped it down to have 16 warheads instead of 20. . . . I just forgot to edit that part well. My mistake. . . . and swap those 4 dropped warheads for extra defense guns. As it is not half or more than half the warheads I don't believe the penalty applies so adding 2 each to point and flak guns should be fine right?

:3

[member="Hecate"]

Actually, if you trade off 4 missiles, you'll get 8 capital guns which nets you 16 defense guns.

Also, now that this has an OP tag on it, I'm gonna hand it back to [member="Popo"] to avoid any potential conflicts of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom