Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech IHAW-Mk1 Heavy Assault Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
0522fe06c5c8837b7a9451b01d4552fb.jpg

Credit: http://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/56674639/disp/0522fe06c5c8837b7a9451b01d4552fb.jpg

Intent: To give the Iferetes Empire a very limited but powerful assault/siege walker for use against its enemies, domestic or foreign.

Development Thread: None

Manufacturer: Iferetes Armories, Subach (Co-operative construction of the Walker)

Model: IHAW-Mk1

Affiliation: Iferetes Empire

Modularity: None

Production: Minor (Very Limited, 3 Walkers at any given time)

Material: Heavy Durasteel outer Shell, Duranium frame.

Description: Thirteen highly trained and experienced crew members were needed in order for the walker to function at full ability and strength. The pilot worked the eight legs of the walker while coordinating with the main gunner and the mass driver gunners, while also acting as a spotter and coordinate for the flak gunners and anti personnel gunners. The Pilot would then relay this information to the many gunners and to the troops held in the depths of the walker.

The largest weapon is the massive rail gun that sat fixed forward in the 'head' of the walker. This cannon can be loaded with an array of solid and explosive weaponry but relied on no other forms of propulsion normally past the electromagnetism. The payloads of the gun could travel at high velocities and pass through ray shields because of their very nature, while tearing through enemy armor. However, it has as highly slow rate of fire in which the cannon can only be fired once every thirty seconds to avoid a massive loss of energy due to the need to build up the weapons and projectiles energy. Also due to being fixed to the 'head' of the walker its angel of use is highly limited.

The next largest set of weapons are the mass-driver cannons that are situated into the sides of the walker's body, placed out on partially exposed platforms to allow for the cannons to be rotated and used more effectively. These cannons can be loaded with an array of heavy energy weapons and solid shells, depending on the specifications of the mission. However, it had a comparatively slow rate of fire and variable accuracy due to placement and the nature of being Mass driver weaponry.

Four smaller anti personnel laser cannons were strategically placed along the vehicle.Two were located on teh sides of the Walker's head to provide limited protection against enemies that are attempting to get close to it, while two more were placed in the rear to cover the flanks and help secure drop off points for the platoon contained within. These troops were needed for the survival of the walker in the case of such enemies that were too small or fast to be targeted by the laser cannons.

Walker was nearly unaffected by ion damage due to built-in electromagnetic shielding that was added due to the Infereti's high use of ionized projectiles. Its average speed is 50km/h. This plodding pace allowed it to penetrate ray shields with relative ease and pushes through deflector shields at a slower pace as it has abit more difficulty than the ray shields, a feat that was impossible for repulsorlift craft and other such vehicles allowing for such things to leave it unaffected and for it to take out that shielding itself if needed. This is not true for Particle shields though as it would be like ramming into a wall at high speed. Effective in numerous terrains and environments, the walker is capable of scaling even vertical cliffs, a feat that was needed in the mountainous battlefields of Iferetes' northern regions. These walkers contain enough fuel to stride at full speed for over 500 kilometers and possessed enough scrubbed air and military rations to last its crew for three weeks out in the harsh conditions of the battlefield.

Regardless of its heavy armor, the Walker was not invulnerable in the slightest as it had some very real design flaws. Due to weak-points in the under armor and under the Durasteel plates covering the joints of the walker, the walker is highly susceptible to enemy infantry or otherwise that get too close to the walker in which the walker can no longer defend itself and must rely on the troops it carries or those that accompany it. However its high silhouette made it easier to target by enemies, allowing for it to be a massive target at times if not adequately defended, and it due to its slow speed and large size its a easy target for aircraft that make it past the flak cannons on the top of the walker. One of its design flaws is that it is low to the ground, which while allowing for a level of stability and more defense against other tanks and artillery, it means that the walker is highly susceptible to mines and the sort that are powerful enough to cripple it as well as vehicles and troops that can get under it.

Role: Heavy Assault/Siege Walker

Height: 20 Meters

Length: 40 Meters

Width: 30 Meters

Weight: 325 Tons

Minimum Crew:
  • 1 Pilot
  • 1 Main Cannon Gunner
  • 2 Mass Driver Gunners
  • 2 Anti Personel Gunners
  • 1 Flack Gunner
Optimal Crew:
  • 1 Pilot
  • 1 Co/reserve Pilot
  • 1 Main Cannon Gunner
  • 2 Mass Driver Cannon Gunners
  • 4 Anti Personel Gunners
  • 4 Flak Cannon Gunners
Propulsion: Eight Mechanical Legs

Top Speed: 50 km/h

Armaments:
  • 1 Main Cannon, Railgun powered siege battary, Fixed foward facing.
  • 2 Mass Driver Cannons, both low variable angle forward facing
  • 4 Flak Cannons, placed on top of the Walker to provide for Anti Air protection
  • 4 Anti Personel Gunners, two rear facing, variable angle. Two side facing, variable angle.
Passenger Capacity: 1 Platoon or forty troops

Cargo Capacity: 30 Tons, mostly all attributed to the reactor and Ammunition.

Misc. Equipment:
  • Communications Suite
  • Radar and Seismic Sensor Suite
  • Fire Control Suite
  • Electromagnetic Shielding
  • 12 x Utility Canister Launcher (Smoke, Flares, IR Chaff, etc.)

(( OOC Note - If there is anthing unclear or needed to be explained or elaborated on/fixed. Just tell me please.))

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]
Okay, quick question. How precisely does it get past shields? I know you mentioned the speed and how it's not a repulsor lift, but could you elaborate for me, please?

Also, and this is just my commentary here, I'm not entirely sure how this will get anywhere near the front lines as it's just a big target screaming "shoot me" to anything within line of sight lol Great concept, but I guess we'll have to see how it works out in the field.

The idea is taken from the ATAT's ability to do so, no actual special technology causes this and i didnt quite understand why but my thoughts are do to being mechanically legged it doesnt rely on energy propulsion to move those keeping the shields from actually stopping it from passing through. Like i said im not quite sure as the ATAT didnt really elaborate. And that is why i have the point that it has a thick Durasteel shell to let it get closer, though its underside like an ATAT and ATTE is vulnerable. @[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Okay, now are the shields being bypassed Ray, Particle, or Deflector shields? I ask because you'd have a hard time with Particle shielding (keeps solid objects out) and a decent difficulty passing through Deflector shielding (keeps energy and solid objects out, but not as well as ray shields do with energy or particle shields do with solid objects) though you could easily pass through Ray shielding.

It would more be like... ray shielding and that of deflector shielding, as those would be the one that would apply to the same area. As for Particle shields that would be like walking into a wall so not those.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Mkay, that's far more understandable. Go ahead and specify in the sub, if you haven't already, that it can walk through Ray Shields easily and maybe that it has some difficulty pushing through Particle Shielding as that's a combo of ray and particle, albeit weaker than either alone, and we'll go from there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom