Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IFWT 102-m Medium Pulsar Cannon

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
773f0c1a7a15021e4ba6cb9f681c927a.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: To create a powerful alternate offensive weapon system comparable to a light turbolaser cannon battery
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Imperium Forge Works
Model: IFWT 102-m Medium Pulsar Cannon
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: None
Production: Mass
Material:
*Alusteel
Classification: Starship and Vehicle mounted
Size: Starship Offensive Mount (Counts as 2 Turbolasers)
Length: 8 meters
Weight: 10 tons
Ammunition Type: Starship Reactor
Ammunition Capacity: Unlimited Reactor Energy
Effective Range: Standard Turbolaser Range
Rate of Fire: once a second

Special Features:
* Kinetic and Heat Damage
* Pulsed Multi-Strike beams

Strengths:
High rate of fire - the IFWT 102-m fires a constant barrage of multiple bolts per pulse beam

Weaknesses:
Large, Expensive, Power Draw - because of its design each affixed barrel counts as 2 turbolaser cannons for exchange

Description: The IFWT 102-m is a light capital variant of the powerful IFWT101-L defensive battery. Like its smaller predecessor, The IFWT 102-M Medium Pulsar Cannon is a hybrid Neutron/Particle beam weapon which utilizes a fusion reaction of neutrons, x-rays and neutron particles, then channeled through a series of projection matrix regulators where each of the weapons four projectors are then subjected to an unbalanced systems which modulates the weapons output to a programmable frequency. This affects the timing of the beams and how they impact the target. The unbalanced beams are then released through the four muzzles rails. All four beams then strike a target in a stuttered pattern This pattern can be modulated and set to change its modulation to counter any time of advanced modulated shielding.

While not as powerful as a single beam could be the effect of the compressed multi-beam configuration presents a barrage of multiple strikes against a target. Each beam hits as an individual strike and a sum of all four beams. The result is a weapon as powerful as four standard weapons. These beams strike out pulsing a constant flurry of multi-hit strikes in rapid succession presenting a formidable volley of both kinetic energy from the neutron particles and heat energy from the x-rays and protons

Primary Source:
* IFWT 101-L Light Pulsar Cannon

* Galactica Weapons
* BFG 40 Weapons

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
[member="Jorus Merrill"]
again this is just a heavier variant of an already approved weapon and is just consolidation which it pays for.
It is just a fancy light maser weapon with no special strengths besides a rate of fire which it pays for in gun count.
I bundled 3 weaknesses in one which I can break down into separate weaknesses.
I could just call it a dual repeating light turbolaser cannon but I like to have an IFW built system, I just fancied it up.

[member="Lash"]

Then as with the other sub, please expand upon your weaknesses and limitations for clarity purposes. Anyone looking at this will say 'what's the combat implication of largeness? How does price affect how this operates in a fight? Isn't power draw one of those things that can be handwaved away?' You've got an eight-barreled rapid-fire emplacement that does two types of damage. Please give it a combat-related weakness or limitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom