Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wonder something...

This was explained to me on Skype, but only in one chat, so I wanna know... how would you ALL respond to me if I made a Draclau for this forum?

I ask cause I'm making one for a forum that doesn't know them just to give the name a better representation in general and I wanna know if I could bring him here without instantly gaining the ire of the full site just for liking the one here I've seen that isn't an arse.

Sarge Potteiger said:
You don't need permission to give a character a name, really.

I will say, however, that Draclau's make me wary.
figured I wouldn't need permission, I just don't wanna gain the massive amount of ire the site can give me for just making a Draclau cause I like the family for what I've seen

My recommendation is just avoid it entirely. The fact there's a reputation out there like that means you probably want to avoid it. If you want to make a Draclau, go for it. I highly doubt anyone is gonna grill ya for it.

But the fact that you are even worried about its tells me it probably isn't the greatest idea.

Also, generally, I just tend to be very wary of them and have a general dislike for 'em.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Skywalker, Solo, Organa, Shan... Star Wars as a genre is full of family names. Even comics and MMO mechanics have gone so far as to announce these as Legacies. It is reasonably hard to escape such an archetype anyway. So I would say go for it! However, do be aware that such 'Legacies' often come with assumptions on the part of the reader and other writers. If you do choose to create a 'Draclau' member? You will no doubt be assuming all of the good, and all of the bad, that others have associated with the name and traits. If your comfortable with that, then by all means. Soldier forth and conquer!

h8terz gonna h8 :D :p

Its not somebody else's name, its an anagram for Dracula - and not even a clever one at that. You can't "own" it. Plus, that family doesn't have any history at this community whatsoever.

But I'm with Sarge on this one. Nobody cares if you do it, but the fact that you're asking for permission/acceptance tells me you probably shouldn't.

Some people come from other communities,@[member="Ashelotte Saybin"], and sometimes they want to make what happened there happen here.

But yes, I consider it a good sign.

Dugur Sazrod

D
Do what you want, I wouldn't worry to much about what others think since you obviously won't be harming anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom