Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I never left you, that much is certain(Spencer)

Rhen Var

One could often ponder the many mysteries and subtleties of the force. There were two sides to everything, good and bad. Some would call it good and evil, some would call it black and white. Not often did he wonder about such things, there was always a line to cross, a line that could be and might be crossed. He knew this the day he decided to become a Jedi, was that there was one day he might be challenged by the darkside of the force, and knowing full well that it might possibly defeat him. He still chose to take this path and fight for good. Aston looked up to the dwindling fire that was right in front of him, the flickering blue and red flames reflecting in his eyes as he held himself close to stay warm. Aston had made the trip to Rhen Var in search of a crystal, something that was calling to him, something that he needed to see,hear and touch. The Jedi Padawan reached for another small piece of log and positioned it gently among the flames, it was about 4 hours until daylight, and this log would only last about 2. From then on it was just huddling with himself to keep warm.

Granted the cave he was in provided some measure of warmth but not entirely to much. As he sat back down on his but with his feet planted on the ground and his arms resting on his knees, he thought about his sister. His beloved sister, whom he hadn't seen since.... Aston glanced to the side as he looked outside the cave and could see the snow swirling around on the outside of it. A small chuckle escaped his lips when he thought about a time when they were at a carnival and then other times soon flooded his mind as he thought more about it. Was it in his right to question her motives, of course it was. They were blood after all, but there would never come a time when Spencer would have to fear Aston, for any reason. The bond that he held with her, was stronger than his bond with the Republic. As long as it didn't go against his own morals, he would forever try to protect her, to the best of his ability.

Aston closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he began to meditate deeply. He could see her face, he could see her clearly now. Aston himself was drifting among the starts and planets and there was a white light just ahead and he continued to breath deeply. "Spencer..." Aston whispered in the darkness of the cave, that was undone by the fire before him.

She heard his voice in her mind, he missed her and she missed him. Their connection kept them together, but without the other loneliness sets in. Spencer had been fighting it for some time now, she did her best to push the memories from her mind so she could focus on her training. His loneliness was starting to be too much for her, she couldn’t go another day without seeing him just once. Spencer had to help ease his mind. Closing her eyes she sensed her twin brother, they had their uncanny ability to do this. She pinpointed his location and quickly made her way on a speeder towards the cave her brother seemed to have found shelter in.

Moving through the cave towards her brother, she pulled the force inward towards her. When she pushed it out she blanketed both Aston and her in a blanket of warmth. She had learned some things while she had been away from the order. His voice whispered in her mind as she drew closer to him, he would feel her – they always felt each other when they were close. The feeling of them together was a balance in the force, something that Spencer had been searching for.

Aston, what are you doing over here? Why are you thinking about the carnival…remember when you tried to act so brave in the haunted house?

Spencer projected her thoughts into her brother’s mind; the two had an impenetrable connection…a dangerous connection. She moved closer to her brother and sat next to him. Her head rested on his shoulder as her warmth covered both of them in the cold.

You have a lot on your mind…I feel it.

She was here, maybe even before she even got there. Aston could sense that she was near, the bond they shared was unparalleled to anything else he could have experienced. Then soon, it wasn't the fire that was keeping him warm. The Padawan could see by the flickering of the flames that a draft of wind had come through, but he wasn't affected by the coldness of the air, the chill in the night. She placed the invisible flaming blanket over him, he couldn't even see his breath anymore due to the affects of the blanket. Aston didn't move a muscle as she approached him, he just felt that sense of reassurance return to him. He felt better, he felt more at ease with himself even though he still had all these thoughts floating around in his mind.

I was brave in that haunted house...I don't think I showed any fear...right?

Aston smiled just a bit as she sat next to him and then leaned her head against his shoulder. He missed her, this was one of the many things she could sense, just as he sensed it with her. I feel complete now...

I think of all these things when you are not around, things that we have done, fun times between us

School, lectures, our powers.

Aston giggled just a little bit.
They are good memories, that I hold close to me.
Aston leaned his gently against her own. I've missed you...

Spencer closed her eyes and focused on the memories he was sharing with her. Their minds completely connected, Spencer did her best not to show Aston memories about Ashin. She feared her brother wouldn’t accept what was happening to her. Looking at him, she wondered if he could feel the darkness swirling inside of her. Her head rested against his while she listened to his thoughts. Nodding she answered his question when he asked if he was brave. Her older brother, being here with him made the galaxy pointless.

I feel the same way; I’ve missed you so much it sickens me to know I’ll have to leave again. I’m sorry I left without saying good bye.

Pausing for a moment, she decided she should show him what she had been up too. Closing her eyes, she played out her memories of a star liner and a woman promising her change. Images flashed as memories played of her on Mon Calamari and Gand. Her relationship with the Dark Lord and how she had helped the woman come into power. The memories played quickly, but stopped as she remembered Ashin’s face. Opening her eyes she decided to keep her intimate moments with her private the best she could.

I had to leave the Order you understand why right?

He could feel it, the darkness but he didn't want to question it. Maybe it might have been because of something he didn't like. Or maybe it was because something he didn't understand, and didn't want to understand it maybe. He just knew full well that his sister was here with him now. And while she was here, he felt that nothing else could have mattered.

It's okay Spencer...

When she mentioned about not saying goodbye. Sure Aston was hurt when she left, there was somethings he couldn't change. Someone's destiny for an example...

The images were there, and then they were gone. They were around him, among him as Spencer played the latter part of history between the two and then he could see her face. Aston glanced down to the ground, as his thoughts tried to process all of the information that was being fed to him by these means.

Part of it I do, sister. Aston moved his head so that he could give her a brotherly kiss on the top of the head, before leaning back against her. You don't have to explain yourself to me Spencer, I already know. If you wish to tell me about it, feel free to. You will feel no pressure from me otherwise though.

The feeling that she had when she was with Aston proved incomparable, she felt put together even though she felt something similar to Ashin. Something constantly felt missing when she was a way from him, but as they grew up she needed to know, they both needed to know that the void will forever be there. Closing her eyes she fought the urge to cry, she felt his sadness and his worry. The fact that he was happy to see her made it easier to push away the other emotions. His lips pressed against her forehead and she couldn’t help but smile at the gesture.

One that she had missed for some time now.

The woman, her name is Ashin Varanin. She’s very important to me Aston. She’s the reason I left the Order, she’s the one that has been taking care of me, and I love her Aston.

Spencer felt a weight off her shoulders, she told her brother. His approval was something she sought out for. As long as he approved of her choices she didn’t need anyone else. His mind and hers were linked forever; knowing that he disapproved of something would drive her insane. Looking towards him she waited for his answer wondering how he would react.

She’s the Empress of the Sith Empire…and I’m her Apprentice.

She spoke of the woman, and Aston closed his eyes for a few moments as he kept breathing deeply in and out, practicing those regular breathing techniques. If she was taking care of Spencer, he was grateful for her help, and for doing what she was to keep her alive. But the solitary thought remained, was that Ashin Varanin was a Sith. That much....that much was certain. He didn't like that...not...one...bit.

Aston in truth could have cared less about Ashin, but Spencer is what mattered. He wouldn't ever want to do anything to cause her pain. He would never be able to forgive himself if he ever did so. One thing that he feared was that Spencer would ever hate him, for such things. As Aston pondered this, he knew he couldn't let that happen. He would rather take his own life, then have Spencer hate him.

Aston took another deep breath as he put one arm around his sister, and pulled her closer, then his other arm came around and he then gave her a full hug. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he whispered as he held a strong brotherly embrace with his twin sister. "Does this...does this make you a Sith....my sister?" While one could argue that statement, in some cases it only came down to one valuable conclusion. And that frightened him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom