Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help building my character. (Looking at you, faction people)

When I say "Looking For Group" I mean, I'm looking for people to help my character develop.
Specifics?
I want to be able to meet all the different factions, interact. My character is a young force sensitive who knows sweet force all about the galaxy. With the exception of old, diluted tails on jedi and sith.
So, my current arc for my character is discovering what is going on in this galaxy. Thus, over this arch I want to interact with each faction. Meet their members, maybe not all. But someone who can represent what their faction stands for and possibly open Eskel's eyes to the galaxy, the difference between the light and dark. Maybe do a quest involving said faction, obviously not just a "bump into you" at the cantina sort of thing. I want to be able to tag along on your characters personal story, your ride for a little while. This might span over a few long threads, which I'm only willing to start if both parties are invested. And yes, mostly you will be the focus. However, Eskel is constantly learning.

I want to be able to see what lies at the heart of each faction. What your members are like, so please. Would some of you beautiful people come on this ride with me?

EDIT: And, how'd I'd explain Eskel happening to be able to meet all these people is because, Eskel can create bonds with much more ease than most. Which, will kind of create a link between our characters. Which, we can discuss the specifics of in PM's. Also, if any other members of factions not listed below. Please let me know your faction is active and if you're interested!

Galactic Republic
-Sarianna
The One Sith
-Darth Veles
Techno Union
Jedi Academy
Mandalorians
-Zathra Fett
Silver Jedi
-Rasu Gan
The Primeval
-Ana Aj'Rou
Omega Protectorate
Levantine
Hutt Cartel
Sith Assassins
-Zoya
-Kitty
Vitae Alliance
-Solan Charr

Also to clarify, the below information are flexible. As in, not everyone has to have a bond or be an enemy. But, the difficulty of the quests will increase as Eskel becomes more experienced, as will your character of course. As, for the majority the quests are centred around your character.

EASY- Apprentice
This does not mean a mundane task, each quest will be of similar complexity and length. However, the difficulty felt by the characters. emotionally and physically is easy. These will begin the relationship between the characters.

MEDIUM- Apprentice/Knight
These quests come in later development of apprenticeship and end with movement onward to knighthood. These quests are more difficult than the easy quests, however end with something similar to that of a boss battle. This can be a battle of words of weapons of course. This will develop the bond between the two characters.

HARD- Knight
These quests are significantly harder than the easy quests. Therefore, come with added complexity and are likely a little bit longer. This quest is a relatively large undertaking for both characters and will begin to solidify or break the bond between the two characters as their personal interests intertwine.

HEROIC- Knight/Master
These quests again are significantly more difficult than the hard quests. In these quests, the bond between the two characters becomes stronger, or the growing dislike increases. These quests will involve a boss fight of some kind with similar parameters to that of a boss fight in the medium quests. Only on a larger scale, and the boss will be relevant to emotional investments both characters have in the story, thus can lead to chaos or peace. This leading to Eskel's companion turning against them, or their loyalty becoming undying, as is the ways of such a bond.

CONQUEST- Master
Conquests are when two or more of the faction quests collide with one and other, because these odds cause these characters to fight alongside each other. However, the bond between Eskel and whomever is with him now makes them nigh inseparable. They influence each other's actions and can feel each other over great distances through the force. This is a significantly longer quest than previous quests and deals with each character issues, this including with each other and their conflicting beliefs.

SUICIDE MISSION- Master/Legends
All of the companions that Eskel have gathered come together over time, and in a climatic final quest decide whether Eskel will find strength in unity or the power of isolation, thus putting his future in the hands of those he has bonded with over many trials. However, his companions do not share bonds with each other, many of them simply tolerate one and other due to their bond to Eskel. However, this is not to say that they cannot deviate from a group mentality. This quest ends with a boss fight of the groups own making due to the story as it has progressed.

I think two sith assassins is all I'll need. :)
[member="Kitty"]
[member="Zoya"]
And, you're both of species that Eskel has never met. Well, you could say that for most species.

[member="Eskel Tyvia"]

Glad you're reaching out to see where you want to put your character in this vast galaxy.

If you're interested in exploring something that's unique yet familiar might I suggest The Primeval? We have Sith, Dark Jedi, Witches, Gray Jedi, and even an actual Jedi in our midst. Depending on your interests we could introduce you however you'd like. :)

Want to get kidnapped and forced to decide between what you believe is right and what you must do to survive? We can do that. Want to discover secrets previously untouched and change your perspective on everything your character knew? We'll do that too. General rule with The Primeval is that it's all about what the members want, the faction is flexible despite its zealous and otherwise darkside overtone.

Let me know what you think; you don't have to exclusively dedicate your character to the faction but if you do find yourself liking it feel free to stay! There's a little link at the bottom of my signature that explains who we are and a link to the faction page.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
That is a very interesting proposition I must say.
However, as I said above. This is less so about me or the faction as it is one person in that faction and what Eskel see's through them.
If you would like to do something similar to your suggestions, however evolving into a much more personal story. I would be more than happy to commit to such an idea. If you are.

[member="Dagora-Kel"]
I'm curious as to what that entails. But I ask you be patient as I want to categorise everyone. Because, as I am a apprentice level character. I'd like to have some people as a focus in quests during my apprentice stage, then later as a knight. Following this, master. Then after this, a final arch involving you all.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
I'd say a mix. But we'd have to discuss it at length once I've got everything sorted.
FYI, I will be updating my OP regularly.

[member="Eskel Tyvia"]

Sounds good. Just a head's up, the Fringe merged with The Primeval so you can take them off your list. Otherwise it looks like you got a lot of work cut out for your character!

Good luck.

[member="Kran Meelan"]
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

I'd be more than happy to have you both along for the ride. But, if you want to be part of this. You must read about the difficulties in my OP to understand the extent of this arch.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
No, I'd say its more so guidelines. And as always, they can be bended and changed. However, there is a general over all conclusion to be achieved. As, the bonds my character can create are vital to my arch, however said bonds do not have to be formed unless wanted.

As I said, guidelines. However, the difficulty is a set thing. It's meant to be an evolution, a journey for both characters. And, for those who do have bonds with Eskel by the end, will eventually meet. Call it, like a force esk thing.

[member="Eskel Tyvia"]

Might I recommend a more organic approach?

It's not a bad idea to have a generalized framework of your character's personal story but that should be more about goal setting in the vaguest sense of the word. I find that the best stories tend to be the ones you didn't expect or plan, such as potentially diverging into an entirely new arc given circumstances happened upon your character's journey.

In the end it's your character so you choose where they end up but it's always a good idea to keep an open-mind to how the story might change. Planning out the pacing and plot points may seem like a good road map but chances are you'll find new interests elsewhere for the character based on what's going on in current threads.

Other than that, I don't think it seems controlling -- it just seems kind of pre-planned which might turn away writers looking forward to organic storytelling. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom