Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Made a Thing

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
So my most recent LOA was due to me being abroad for school. I was in Japan for a few weeks and Taiwan for a few more with the chair of my college's History department on a trip looking at how the past was represented in Japan and Taiwan, focusing specifically on the two country's relationship and how Japan's imperial past represents itself in the present in both places. We were a group of 15 in total, including the professor and other faculty member so the thirteen students were split up into interest groups. Where normally on a study abroad trip students from my school enroll into a foreign college and take classes or are off doing research this trip was basically a historical tour around Japan and Taiwan with our grade completely determined by participation.......and a group video project.

Those groups I mentioned earlier needed to make videos based on their interest so for instance one group did baseball, another did food etc. My group chose language, specifically the use of Japanese in Taiwan and well...This is the intro since I filmed everything for my group. The entire video isn't done yet but I can't help but feel proud and share this all over the place because its my first time using Premier Pro and I feel like the video came out well :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyGi0PFOTwE​

Watching the video now!

Question: Were you able to speak with any native Taiwanese and/or Chinese regarding their attitudes towards the Japanese? Perhaps with different generations? And then vice-versa, speaking with the Japanese and their attitudes towards the Taiwanese/Chinese?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom