Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Korriban

Yeah yeah, not the best place to be. Korriban. Homeworld of the Sith race and a few of the Empires. Now however, it was under the Republics control. And one of the few planets that were close enough to Thule where I had just ran away from. You see. I am an Epicthanix. and I have lived in foster home after foster home, even a Mental institute for a few years, because of voices in my head. But, my last foster house was different. The dad, Karath, had taught me how to use Beskar Daggers and even a Beskad. But I was not the best with them.

Despite this, I carried these weapons with me now as I moved across the border between Mandalorian Space, and Republic Space. Via, way of smuggler. he helped me for a price of 45 credits. But while he was not looking, I took a few pieces of fruit, and even a thermos for something to drink out of. still, I put it in my bag along with my other stuff that I would rather not mention to anybody, and made my way off of his ship.

TWO HOURS LATER

Korriban was fairly busy for this part of town. I just needed to find a place to stay. Kneeling down as I made sure that my daggers were securely in my boots, as well as the Beskad ready with just a grab from my back. I smiled as I had used the padding on the bookbag as a way to hide the beskad's sheath. And the top of the bookbag hid the grip and hilt of the blade. Nobody would see it, and I could feel the cold metal up against my back. When I could hear Emily's voice, "Did you really have to bring the weapons? I thought you were a peaceful man?"

Alright let me cut to the chase. I had four voices in my head. Emily, John, Hailey, and Zarack. Two male and two female voices in my head. Emily would be like my little sister. Bugging me about every little thing. John is more like my dad along with Hailey as Mother figures. Thinking through everything and helping me in anyway that they could. And Zarack, well lets just cut his story short. Perv, Asshat, Mean, and cussing.

"Why shouldn't he? this world if filled with bastards and pieces-o-poodoo that would eat him alive!'
"Thank you for that Zac. Now shut up, I am in public."
"Yes please do Zac"
"John.."
"Fine"

I shook my head as I walked past a few people and proceeded to put on my headset. if you were were nodding your head randomly then people will think you are a freak, but if you had headphones in. It looked like you were jamming out. And well. it was just a precaution because of Za- "Aden look at that Chika huh? man look at the size of those honkers!"

I didn't even look. There was no need to. Sure I was 19, and could be called an Adult, but I wanted to be left alone. I kept walking to the nearest bar to maybe get a place to stay. They tend to have knowledge of somewhere to sleep.

"Zac talk about another woman's mammary glands and I will personally kill you."
"Already dead sweet heart. And don't worry, I am sure that you were sexy too when you were alive."

Talk about one messed up life.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

Eying the entrance of one of the nearby bars, the young Sith pure blood would scowl in distaste as he examined the civilization that bustl.ed around him. Ever since the Republic had taken over his home world of Korriban, things had never been the same. The ancient Sith Tribes had gone missing, either long dead by soldiers or simply in hiding. The boy's form would be draped in black garments, allowing him to shield his identity from the new inhabitants of his planet. Murming quietly, the boy would head inside, his burnt, ripped, and dirt covered cloak swaying back and forth as he moved. Noticing [member="Aden Dawson"], he would make his way over to the counter, taking a seat quietly, before turning to look at the man with his flaring yellow eyes.

"There was a collapse in the temple and several of our Archeologists and Researchers have been trapped in a lower-levels chamber for several hours. I need a team of Guardians and Healers to assess the situation and get them out as quickly as possible. We've already lost too many lives over this planet, we don't need to lose any more. ...Miss Eden? Are you volunteering?"

"Yes."

"...very well. Sagen, Marx, In'Ra. That should be sufficient. Now, we've had no reports of Sith, but I will warn against being careless. I need not mention that this temple is saturated with the Darkside. Practice clarity, maintain focus -"

This went on for some time. Ironically enough, Avalore was already having trouble focusing. It'd been like that since ... well, let's not talk about that right now.

An indistinct amount of time later, their ship landed on the outskirts of the settlement nearest the aforementioned Temple. A massive sandstorm at the temple location had made it impossible to land there, so they would wait it out and gather supplies. The Republic outpost was around here somewhere. Dark brown robes pulled tightly over her shoulders, Avalore cringed into the blazing sunlight and grimaced at the heat. She'd never been anywhere so unpleasant in her life.

"Look sharp, Eden," Sagen, a Jedi Knight Warrior, held up her Healer's Pack. She slipped her arms through the straps and grunted at the weight but said nothing in complaint, though she desperately wanted to.

"Maybe we should stop over there," Avalore said, gazing off towards what looked like a bar.

"Sorry Eden, no drinking on the job- or ever."

"I didn't mean for that," she scowled, "I meant to stock up on water."

"A good idea," In'Ra approached, a wisp of a Healer - Avalore couldn't tell just what the female was, but she didn't envy her dark skin in this sun, "we may need some for the wounded at the Temple. I have room in my pack, let us fill these extra bladders."

"Great," the enthusiasm was laughable, but at least it would get them out of this sun, "you coming Sagen?" When she looked to see, the man was busy explaining something very important to his partner in crime, Marx. Avalore sighed, bemused, and stepped off with In'Ra.

Trudging through the sandy walkways, the pair entered the bar entrance with a slash of sun and a blast of hot air. Avalore stepped to the bar, pushing hair from her face, and leaned forward to catch the barkeep's attention, "Excuse me, would it be possible for us to fill up these containers with water? We need it for the people caught in the temple collapse."

[member="Aden Dawson"]

Listening to music was not that bad. it was faint enough for me to hear people talk should they be doing so. And by people, I mean the people that are not in my head. Walking into the bar as a cloaked person kept staring at me, I moved on. Some people stared at me all the time. Thinking that I was too young or what not. Really I was not old enough to drink, but i looked like I was. standing at a good 2 meters helped with that. Despite all the talk of being an Epicthanix, somehow I had attracted four souls into my head when I was young. Too young to remember when I had been alone with my own thoughts.

As I was walking up to the bar, a woman, looked to be some person who was in a hurry, I opened the door for her to enter, and then walked in right after.

As I was slowly sauntering up to the bar, the woman was asking for water to help in the Temple aid. I looked at her. She didn't seem like the type to just simply carry that much water and supplies. I rolled down my headphone to let it rest on the back of my neck. One thing that I liked doing, Despite my hard life, was to help people. it was just something that I could do, and was fairly good at since I normally dealt with worse. I mean, I could not compare to a person who had to deal with their arm cut off or anything, but if you are talking about souls in your head, I would win there.

"Hey man, look at her, Mmmmm Brunette hair nice face..... kiss her!"
"Aden you know that, that is not the right thing to do."
"Zac, stop it seriously! you mentally hitting on girls is not funny anymore."
"Back off old ma-"
"QUIET!..... Aden is going to say something...."

I tapped the girl on the shoulder and spoke in a nice voice, not being condescending or anything, "Do you need any help with that Ma'am?" Pointing to the containers, "Not to be rude, but I don't think you can carry all of those full of water by yourself." The other woman with her just looked at me and then to the woman I tapped on the shoulder.

"Awww prissy is going to help out the little girl!"
"Zac, if I were her, I would have kicked your ass if you even touched me."
"Good job Emily."
"Thank you."
"Wow teaming up on me now aren't ya!"
"Nope, just sitting here listening to you rant on about girls when you were a pedophile before this life."
"Would you like some ice for that Zac?"

I didn't mind the arguing inside my head as I paid attention to the people in front of me. They were more important at the moment then arguing voices in my head. All the while, if she was looking into my eyes, I knew that she would see my eyes change back and forth as each voice talked. and when they stopped, it would be back to my normal silver eyes. With the idea of her thinking I was a freak, I looked down at the few empty containers to not let her see the change.

[member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Ballen-Ist"]

From outside of the bar Maleus averts his gaze into the sky. The sun beaten enviornment gleamed with the arid heat Korriban was infamous for. It was truly an annoyance that needed to be remedied.

Nonetheless, metaphorically, salvation had arrived. He could hear the lackadaisical clamoring of merriment. Men toasting to riches, and some simply trying to get a fix. He could hear all these things.

None of them were truly important, save one essence, a being... A sith... A pure-blood.

His metallic boots caused the wooden planks beneath his feet to rumble. From within a encompassing cloak he'd extend his metallic hand towards [member="Ballen-Ist"] . Particles of sand could be seen subtly weaving through the air causing a slight discomfort in the base of his throat.
"Hmm...."
His gaze retracts from his associate to see.

Aden Dawson

Avalore Eden

Turning his head slowly, the boy would notice the arrival [member="Maleus"], his companion. Paying the Zabrak who had no words to say no mind, his attentio would be turned back to [member="Aden Dawson"]. The boy's yellow gaze was set on the man who sat near him, though it wasn't him in particular that he was interested in. "Your mind, it is in constant motion." The teen would speak, his voice travelling towards Aden's position. The young red skinned lad had been focussing for sometime now, his mind having reached out with the force in order to sense the others around him. The Apprentice/Scoundrel who he had noticed caught his attention, being somewhat of a peculiar case.

Avalore's writer has to ponder how a mere Acolyte has any acuity of power to sense things going on inside people's heads, let alone an Epicanthix whose mind is utterly invulnerable to such things. But I digress. Avalore was plenty relieved to see the barkeep begrudgingly willing to help, but not for free. Water was a precious commodity around here, and for all the wit of the Jedi she had to wonder why they hadn't the precognition to send plenty with them to begin with.

Conflict, that's why, a story needs conflict.

"Ten credits for each container," the barkeep eyeballed her.

"What," Avalore flatlined him, "do you mean ten credits for each container?"

"The Republic don't pay to fill the tank. It's about to be fifteen credits."

"Ten credits is fine," In'Ra replied breezily, slipping a credit chit across the bar to him, before leaning over to Avalore in a hushed tone, "it's fifteen for clean water on Coruscant outside the Temple proper and more readily available there, ten credits is a very good deal."

"Ten credits is extortion. Where did you-"

"Do you need any help with that Ma'am?" some guy was pointing to the containers, "Not to be rude, but I don't think you can carry all of those full of water by yourself."

"Listen," Avalore rounded a steely gaze on him, "I carried all this and a ten pound fetus around in my belly for months, don't you tell me I can't carry-"

"We would be happy for your help," In'Ra interjected, her willowy frame slipping in front of Avalore to quell her rising temper, "we are going to the Temple to help uncover the people trapped within the collapse once the sandstorm clears. Any help would be most welcome, thank you." In'Ra discreetly jabbed Avalore in the side with her elbow.

"Thanks," Avalore blurted, tone flat, "sorry. This place is creepy and hot." And so are the people, she thought to herself, looking at the yellow-eyed fiend seated not far from Aden.

Naturally, because the planet itself was saturated in the Darkside, the Jedi were already rather uncomfortable here and unable to discern the presence of Darkside practitioners nearby. Thank goodness for logic.

[member="Aden Dawson"]

Clearly the woman was not a person that could easily control their temper. With the Barkeep she yelled at him for charging on water. However, the Second Jedi answered the man and gave him ten credits as payment. The woman spoke to me saying that she carried a child and was ranting on when the second Jedi spoke about any help being accepted. I turned to look at a man that spoke to me. I looked at him confused. Sith and Jedi MASTERS couldn't even read my mind or take charge of me through my mind. So how did this guy get a hint that there were voices in my head? I just shook my head as I turned away from him.

Facing the woman again, I decided to be nice, "I was not trying to be rude miss. Just trying to help." Looking to the second Jedi I nodded my head to her for helping me out with this. Still My spine shivered slightly as the voices in my head continued to argue over some subject.

"Just leave him alone Zac. He's trying to help people."
"So I can't talk? thats like taking away my rights!"
"I don't give a d-"
'Hail stop. We all need to be quiet because Aden is trying to help people."
"Oh helping people is always fun!"
"Oh yes, we might as well just help everybody and get nowhere."

I grabbed one of the containers that was filled and a second one in my other hand. "I could help around. I mean, one more hand won't hurt right?" I looked to either of them ignoring the others that were around me trying to get my attention. I could feel a weird vibe in my spine as though the entire place was darker than normal. with eyes watching me more and more. I just could not shake the feeling. Increasingly more so that their may have been Sith that had not left the planet, but simply stayed in hiding until now.

[member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Ballen-Ist"], [member="Maleus"]

Remained seated, allowing the branching of his consciousness to shift through the crowd. Using the force as a medium he attuned himself to various peoples. It seems Ballen-Ist has attracted the attention of these self-aware patrons. A slight grin tugged at the end of his charred lips. Man and woman were gazing at them through intense peripherals.

For instance, the man by the door gaze craned slightly towards their direction, but it was rhythmic, upon intervals. Through his attempt of normalcy he was in fact trying too hard to cover his watchful gaze.

Then there was the matter of Avalore who's visage seemed all the more indifferent. Aden even seemed all the more normal. But he knew superficial observations were often incorrect. Nonetheless, he would do nothing, say nothing.

The quieter you are, the more you can hear. He thought to himself.
[member="Avalore Eden"]
[member="Aden Dawson"]
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

"Yes, thank you," In'Ra replied, the twi'lekk Healer pulling the hood of her cloak over her exposed dark blue lekku, "I am In'Ra, Healer of the Jedi Order, and this is Jedi Knight Avalore," she indicated the sour-faced woman standing next to her.

Avalore stared, stoney-faced, and gave [member="Aden Dawson"] a full once-over glance. At least he wasn't bad on the eyes, but a pretty face wasn't going to help. "Great," she said, "well since that's settled guess we best be on our way." She turned on her heel and lead the way out of the bar.

"What is your name?" In'Ra asked Aden as she followed, "do you have any knowledge of this planet?"

Something could be said for this girl here. She clearly was not liking the fact that I came up and asked to help. Right off the bat I had used the wrong words. I did not know that she had been pregnant. I kept looking her over as she was leading the way out, wondering how she carried a child when she looked fairly young. I just kept wondering when and how she had done all these things as a Jedi and being pregnant. I thought they had a rule on that?

"Hey bozo the lady with the weird pony tails is talking to you."
"She asked what your name is."
"Damn I thought she asked for your number."

Looking to her as I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts, I smiled slightly in nervousness, "Sorry, My uh... my name is Aden. Just a guy trying to make it in this world." I then looked ahead so I wouldn't run into anybody.

[member="Avalore Eden"]

"I see," replied In'Ra amiably, "at least you are trying, yes?" She smiled a lovely smile that wilted only slightly as they stepped back out into the heated rays of the unforgiving Korriban sun.

Avalore pulled her robes tightly around her to keep the winds from snatching them and trudged through the sand back to their ship where Sagen and Marx awaited, "We got more water. What's the radar look like?"

"Storm's mostly passed the Temple," Marx, a diminutive Jedi alien of stout build blinked through the sandy gusts up at her, "but there's another on the way. If we move quickly enough, and if the Temple isn't in too bad of shape, we can hopefully get in and out before it hits."

"Then let's get going," Avalore handed off two water containers to Sagen and stepped up the ramp of their transport, into the shelter of the ship.

"Who's this?" Sagen peered at the stranger approaching with the Healer.

"His name is Aden," In'Ra replied, "he has volunteered to help us."

"No civilians," Sagen narrowed his eyes.

Avalore stuck her head back out the door, scowling, "An extra set of hands can't hurt, right? He's gonna carry the water. Let's go."

Sagen sighed, "Alright then, everybody on. Aden you can take the seat next to Avalore. Careful, she bites."

[member="Aden Dawson"]
I totally did not forget to tag you. Yes I did. >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom