Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunting for Chocobos...Wait, Wrong Universe

plains_by_2wenty-d5vw4pz.jpg
Camp Verd, Zenith Prime

Only a stone's throw away from the literal heart of the Confederacy lies a world set apart for the training of individuals to the height of their potential. To this end, the planet has been equipped with state of the art weaponry and defensive measures; in addition to housing the Home Fleet within its system. Hailed as the Shield of the Confederacy, Zenith Prime is the literal first line of defense against invasions of the CIS' capital; and is also the site of a Templar operation this day. Upon one of its many, enormous biomes is a military base by the name "Camp Verd". Named after the Colonel who commissioned its creation, the base is situated in the midst of rolling plains; characterized by obelisks of stone strewn about. Today, the Templar Order had been summoned to Camp Verd in order to scour these plains in search of what would become their personal mounts from this day forward.

There was a single road paved through the greenery that started at the doors of the base and ended dozens of miles in the distance. Though the day was silent, this peace would quickly be disturbed by the arrival an armored personnel carrier which bore the Marshal of the Order himself. Upon arrival, the beskar-clad man stepped out of the vehicle and strode calmly forward to entrance of the base, coming to a halt before their towering, blast gates. There, he calmly waited until they slid open in response to his presence. Long, confident strides bore him to the courtyard of the facility then, where the Templars had been instructed to muster. It was here that the Mandalorian, known as Isley Verd, would give an orientation of the day's events and then lead the group to finding their mounts.

But first, he had to play the waiting game.

• @[member="Adela Verd"]
  • @[member="Alek Skywalker"]
  • @[member="Alida Ember"]
  • @[member="Alliera Nakamura"]
  • @[member="Anastasia Verd"]
  • @[member="Ancora Lorr"]
  • @[member="Boone"]
  • @[member="Curupira Hawk"]
  • @[member="Daxton Bane"]
  • @[member="Devorah Verd"]
  • @[member="Elrax Mothris"]
  • @[member="Ember Rekali"]
  • @[member="Feena Mason"]
  • @[member="Felix Emer"]
  • @[member="Gerion Ardik"]
  • @[member="Ginnie Verd"]
  • @[member="Hovenk"]
  • @[member="Idiian Sayali"]
  • @[member="Irridia Solensis"]
  • @[member="Isabella Denko"]
  • @[member="Ishtar Freyja"]
  • @[member="Jason Sisk"]
  • @[member="Kai Nariko"]
  • @[member="Kaiden Jades"]
  • @[member="Kalia Walsh"]
  • @[member="Kara Avoyos"]
  • @[member="Kassandra Distorith"]
  • @[member="Katrina Garnier"]
  • @[member="Kelios Shara-da"]
  • @[member="Ket Van Derveld"]
  • @[member="Krest"]
  • @[member="Lauren Walsh"]
  • @[member="Manu Xextos"]
  • @[member="Marek Starchaser"]
  • @[member="Nar'vash Ver-Sha"]
  • @[member="Nima Ven"]
  • @[member="Oron Verd"]
  • @[member="Phoebe Verd"]
  • @[member="Ruu"]
  • @[member="Ruza Deveel"]
  • @[member="Salem Norongachi"]
  • @[member="Sanna Legra"]
  • @[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
  • @[member="Sephoria Lasranae"]
  • @[member="Seth Lockheart"]
  • @[member="Sierra Levonan"]
  • @[member="Silas Raan"]
  • @[member="Siqa"]
  • @[member="Siyndacha Aerin"]
  • @[member="Sno Wyte"]
  • @[member="Sophia Walsh"]
  • @[member="Tia`ser Verd"]
  • @[member="Torinia Mune"]
  • @[member="Trevin Neros"]
  • @[member="Tycho Shorn"]
  • @[member="Valarr Vaelaros"]
  • @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]
  • @[member="Voroll"]
  • @[member="Xander Carrick"]
  • @[member="Zius Aurus"]

Krest set his hands behind his head. Another group training event, only this time it had a specific purpose. A mount. This was another power Krest needed to master. He needed to be able to master Animal Friendship to be able to progress more in the Templars. So here he stood, hands behind his back, watching the Mandalorian @[member="Isley Verd"] as he waited for the others.

Nima followed close behind her Master, hands linked and resting against her lower back as she took large strides to keep up with him. The name of the camp was of some mild amusement as they walked toward the blaster gates. She stood waiting patiently at his side, pushing her weight from the tip of her toes to the back of her heels. Waiting was boring, it was the worst part of her training.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

Sitting around and waiting were two things that tended to bore Sanna very quickly. And it wasn't made any better by the fact there was nothing to do for now. As her master @[member="Isley Verd"] had more or less put it they had to wait for something or someone. Sanna didn't really know since she'd hardly paid attention. Her mind was too busy wandering on what to do to keep it occupied. That often lead to her putting her tail up to her chest and playing around with the tip or just looking up at clouds and thinking what they looked like. Man did she want to do something and fast before dying of boredom. But then even that seemed too boring.

Sophia was here for the same purpose as everyone else. They were supposed to be going out and finding their personal mounting beast. She was also hoping to befriend her creature as well. It would be nice to be able to learn animal friendship as well while on this trip.

The woman had also promised her daughter that if she could find a baby that Sophia would bring it home for her. It seemed her daughter wanted a "pet" of sorts and this would make an interesting one though in the long run they would grow up together. Sophia made no promises of course as she didn't want to get her little ones hopes up. If anything it would be a surprise as she didn't expect to find anything.

Phoebe hated waiting, she always had but the waiting that they were doing today seemed to be worthwhile as her husband was going to lead them on a trip to find mounting beasts for themselves. It was something that she had been looking forward to which was why she decided that it was most defiantly worth waiting for. She only hoped that the others would get here soon so that they could get the show on the road.

Her daughters were not here yet but she was sure that they would soon be joining the rest of forming group soon enough. She knew that they knew better than to miss one of these little trips.

Zenith Prime. So far, Anastasia had figured out that this place was something which was probably the best explanation based on what she heard. Though it all sounded more like a story for little children like Anastasia who would like hearing. At least now, she would be able to find out if it was actually true. And then there was Camp Verd which was just plain weird. Well yes, Anastasia knew there was such a thing but it was just weird being in a place which held the same name found in her identification.

Further from the group, her hand went through her long hair, pulling away the highlights that were covering her face before her black irises looked through the people that were already here, waiting for the kick off. She didn't talk to anyone, just watched them, taking in their faces and movements. Little things gave people away even if they didn't want it to happen.

Anastasia herself didn't see the use of having an animal tamed to her. But she could see the purpose of having a skill to allow her to tame beasts. One never knew where they could end up. It was why she was here more than anything. So she'd do the thing, tame a creature and what she was asked to do. If anything, Anastasia understood loyalty like most people could not begin to imagine. And since she was loyal to her parents and they were Templars, she was a Templar. The old ways would simply... have to wait.

The sight of the suited figure approaching him made her push those thoughts away. Father was here. It was only then that she moved towards the group, coming through them, only to stop at her Mother's side, looking at her silently for a moment but she didn't speak right away.

@[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Krest"] @[member="Nima Ven"] @[member="Sanna Legra"] @[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Phoebe Verd"]

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Animal friendship was apperently a good thing. Or so she'd been told. Curupira had asked once back home about it and the Witches seemed less than happy about such a thing. Apperently, you didn't tame with rancors, you bonded with them. Templars on the other hand had a thing about it. And they seemed to have a thing for taming nasty creatures. Curupira hadn't yet found out what nasty creatues they were going to tame but hey, she liked pets. They could be fun.

Zenith Prime was where she had arrived, Camp Verd was where instructions had led her. So that was where she ended at. There were people there already, humans and not humans. Also the tall man in the armor. Isley Verd, she knew the name now. He was training her, so it seemed like a good idea to know his name. Nobody was talking though which made the redhead a little confused. So she wasn't late? Well, that was cool.

Returning her golden gaze to her newest Master, @[member="Isley Verd"], she smiled and waved to him before walked over to the red Twi'lek @[member="Nima Ven"] and just said "Hi!" in her usual cheerful style.

@[member="Krest"] @[member="Sanna Legra"] @[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Phoebe Verd"] @[member="Anastasia Verd"]

Sno stood silently, apart from the rest of the people nearby. Clad in a soft clothed dress that revealed nothing exponential, yet was beautiful none the less, the woman did not seem the part for a training regime. But she was ready. Upon joining the Templar, the ancient had chosen the life of a pacifist, but that did not mean she shouldnt be ready when the time arose. Battle was a common site amongst a galaxy at war.

Clasping her hands together loosely, she left them to hang limply against her midsection. Glancing about herself, she wondered whom here would one day be an ally.

Nima jumped, the stiff silence that surrounded the Templars suddenly broken by a quirky voice. She raised her shoulders, still in half a shock as she regarded the owner. A redheaded beauty, no doubt about that. Nima's shoulders relaxed a little and a sweet smile found her features. "Hi!" Her voice seemed to match @[member="Curupira Hawk"]'s perfectly, though it was a good tone or two quieter. Nima hadn't expected anyone to converse with her during all of this, the rest of them had seemed to be rather quiet. She happily took a step closer to Curupira, as if to instigate more conversation.

Vorhi adjusted his hat, looking at the group in front of him. Young, energetic, and more than a little goofy. Good. He liked goofy, it was his native element. He smiled warmly at the room, nodding his blindfolded head to them. "Greetings, students," he said with a smirk. "I am Vorhi Alestrani, Knight and Magus amongst the Templars. I am here to welcome you," he said calmly. "To camp Verd, our wonderful little training camp. It's no paradise, but it's great if you like a trial by fire," he said with a chuckle, gesturing toward the are around. He wasn't kidding. Roon was cuddly and Bothawui was civilized. This was boot camp for the new guys. It was time for the Sage of Teras Kasi to turn some younglings into heroes, or at least passable candidates for pushing forward the CIS.

He nodded to @[member="Isley Verd"] and smiled slightly. "Good to see you, Ser," he said with a smirk. "I would, with your permission, like to watch and work with the new recruits," he said with a smile. "After all, I've got a eye for talent, as it were," he said with a snicker. Yay, more blind jokes. Whoever groaned the least might be good to notice, so he was going camp factor five on the cheesetastic scale tonight. "Ladies and Gentleman, this world is a military base, and this camp, in particular is for the tactical and methodical training of Templars. You are here," he said with a smirk, "to better master your selves, and the force, through a mixture of spiritual, mental, and physical disciplines."

(OOC: keep 'em coming, and don't mind my monologues. I ramble on. Wheee!)

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Right, he was meeting the crew on Zenith Prime. And by crew, he meant the Templar, the people he was standing behind. And for. He knew that this whole meeting was for their mounts and there was nothing else he could want more. He wanted to reach the full potential he had as a Templar, and that meant grabbing every piece of knowledge he could. What he could from Master Van Derveld and what he could from @[member="Isley Verd"] as well as the rest of the Templar.

Having used his own MC-15 to get himself here, he made his way to the assembled group. Bowing to Master Verd, and each of the Templar as he came across them, he was ready to see what was going on here. “Hello, all.”

Arrival. Zius had made his way to the camp after some long, apprehensive thinking. Why would he even bother seeking training again? Especially when it was to tame a beast he wouldn't have use for, or so he thought. He wanted no responsibility with an animal he felt had no value other than selling its hide to a vendor somewhere for a bit of credits. To care for the life of something and forcing it to befriend you wasn't ideal. He didn't think himself capable enough to care for something's life. He wasn't capable of caring for himself much anyway.

What was the use?

Now wasn't the time to dwell on self-pity. Here he was at the entrance. Get it over with.

The darkly clad ex- Jedi Hunter strolled into the camp itself, sticking out like a sore thumb with his ruggedness and clear presentation of being in wars and battles prior. Burnt holes riddled his trench coat which was in quite the shredded, tattered state itself. His curved-hilt lightsaber dangled from the inside carelessly as he walked toward the group with a militant posture and heel-to-toe step. He wanted no rubbish in the place of sincerity and achieving his goals. Not one of these people would hinder him or gain any social delight. Zius' cybernetic eye shifted from each person, scanning them and then flickering briefly with a small static discharge.

"When do we start?"

He asked monotonously, seemingly apathetic to any of the polite greetings taking place. No friends, just stick to the training and exceed expectations.

Well this was different. people were meeting for training of Animal friendship. Really I had no idea why I was here. I was weak compared to others in the force. I was all for saber fighting and for defending the views of the Templars. but the idea of having a pet or companion was to much to just let it slip away. I had a droid companion, but sometimes to cold metal "skin" was not something I wanted to hold onto. I might as well join. Looking around I saw @[member="Krest"], who I still had to teach Soresu to later on. I also saw a few others who I might have met somewhere, but no remembered their names.

The one person who I do remember well is @[member="Sanna Legra"]. The cat lady who seemed to by shy of every blonde headed force wielder she ever came in contact with. Including myself. Deciding that the only people I knew around here is who I should stick with. I moved towards the Cat lady and offered my hand, "It's nice to see you again Ma'am." Looking over to Krest I nodded my head with a slight smile. turning back to Sanna I spoke, "So what is a part feline here wanting to learn about animal friendship for?" I meant no disrespect against her or whatever kind she belonged to. I was just simply asking why she was here.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

Taking a moment, the Mandalorian stood in silence whilst he listened to the introductory speech uttered by the Miralukan Templar. Upon hearing the words "trial by fire", a smile erupted on Isley's face, hidden from view by his visor. Stepping forward, he took a moment to acknowledge those present with a nods before coming to a halt beside the archaeologist. "You've got my blessing...but first, let me have a little fun with them first." he said, before addressing the group at large. "Alright, listen up!" came his commanding voice; the very same that militant sergeants would use when drilling the "new meat" in formation. "Trial by Fire is exactly what we're doing today. You are each here to learn an ability known as Beast Taming, or Animal Friendship for those of you who are of the lighter persuasion. This ability will allow you to pacify and tame a variety of creatures; which will come in handy when wading through primitive worlds for missions. You never know what sort of demons are lurking in the bushes, but with this ability, they'll become your demons."

He paused, folding his hands behind his back and striding back and forth. The Mandalorian paced before them all, his eyes boring into the skulls of each individual who had assembled thus far. "And so, in order to teach you this ability, I've had a herd of Varactyl stabled just around the corner. You'll learn this ability and then we venture into the wild, looking for the bigger prey. You'll then demonstrate how well you can utilize this power under pressure, in the face of something big, snarling, and fanged that sees you as an entree. If there are no questions, follow me." With that said, the Mandalorian led the way out of the courtyard and around the corner, where warbling noises could begin to be heard. As stated by his "speech", a stable of the reptilian creatures known as Varactyl had been mustered, and each of the excessively-friendly beasts stirred with excitement upon seeing the Templar procession.

"Beast Taming is an expansion upon the rudimentary art of telepathy. First, you must connect your mind to the beast you seek to tame and then calm it. Then, you have a variety of options. You can either befriend it by making it feel safe...or intimidate the kark out of it and bend it to your will through fear. Either one works and it's up to your own personal preference how to go about it. Now, as you can see, these Varactyl are pretty calm for the most part..." Isley began, reaching for one of his slugthrowers. He then unleashed a round into the air, filling the stables with the sudden noise. Of course, this caused a chain reaction of bucking by the Varactyl as they were utterly startled to the very bone. "Much better." he breathed, before facing the group, "Don't worry, they don't bite...Much. Pick a beast and link up. Remember, one of the key points of this exercise is working under pressure!"

• @[member="Zius Aurus"]
  • @[member="Marek Starchaser"]
  • @[member="Nima Ven"]
  • @[member="Curupira Hawk"]
  • @[member="Anastasia Verd"]
  • @[member="Phoebe Verd"]
  • @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]
  • @[member="Sno Wyte"]
  • @[member="Sophia Walsh"]
  • @[member="Sanna Legra"]
  • @[member="Krest"]
  • @[member="Xander Carrick"]

Krest smirked. He needed to get into the mind of a beast, and the thought amused him. He found himself looking at a pale blue Varactyl, and something seemed to click. He reached out with the force, trying to connect with the beast.

Well, here we go then.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

When she heard @[member="Xander Carrick"]'s voice before looking to him, it took Sanna a moment to remember him from when they last met. Sitting up to speak she said "Nice to see you too." When he asked about why she was here she said "Well for one thing, I do care about animals. As you can see. Apart from that I happen to be @[member="Isley Verd"]'s apprentice. One of them anyway. This is basically part of my training you can say."

After that came the long lecture from her master about learning the art of Beast Taming. She stood up now and listened carefully as he explained what was needed from this lesson, she nodding on the little bits as he went over them. Then came the sounds of the varactyl that made her jump a little. She knew how vicious these creatures could be if antagonized enough. Still this was part of the course and she was ready for whatever these beasts would dish out. When it came time to pick Sanna looked around at the options before settling on a male, one of the younger ones of the group by the looks of him.

Sophia followed the group to where a herd of Varactyl was waiting for them. They didn't look that scary at first glance just a group of calm relaxed creatures waiting in hopes that someone would let them out. There were a few wild ones running about but for the most part they kept to themselves. Well they did until the slug throw went off sending them all in a panic which was going to make this situation much more complicated but still nothing that she couldn't handle.

The young knight had been though many different rough spots before in life and had someone managed to make it out of them in one piece. She was proud of herself for not only this but for everything else she had accomplished thus far in life. As scary as the beasts looked she wasn't scared nor did she act scared as she approached the pen where they awaited.

She wished to befriend her Varactyl not rule it with fear but first she would have to get its attention and tame it. In order to accomplish this Sophia would need to not act like a scared little girl as they would literally walk all over her.

Stepping into the pen her eyes focused in on one which was squawking rather loudly and running about. Her eyes followed it and she tried to reach out to it though the Force but found it futile so instead got closer reaching out with her hand which was promptly bite. Sophia pulled her hand away shaking it a little her eyes still on the beast. "Easy girl it's ok, I'm not going to hurt you." She smiled reaching out once more to try and pet it. It bucked as she tried again moving away from her to which Sophia moved closer and was eventually allowed to touch her lightly. It was a work in progress.

I smiled as she mentioned being one of the Verd's apprentices. It also was apparent that she like other animals as she resembled one herself. I nodded my head and stayed silent as the man spoke about what we were supposed to do. He went into detail to say that we needed to make a connection with the individual. Slowly I nodded my head once more as I walked up to the pen. Rather large to be holding enough for everyone here. I decided to look at each one of them. A few of the brown and orange crests broke out over the light blue and even a slight shade of purple. Brown and orange were males, that much I knew.

Hopping over the pen, I kept on my toes should one be mad enough to attack. With the way that they were all jumping around, one of us might get hurt. Slowly I walked towards them, others that were scared completely to the bone moved away from me as though I were the Gulag Plague. I kept moving forwards until one was not moving away from me. The male stood alittle bit smaller than the rest, and was probably the youngest of the group. I had a wicked smile on my face as I mumbled. "Perfect"

I held both of my hands out to him. they were clearly visible and slowly I walked towards him. I ignored the yelping and the claps of their beak like mouths. Only focusing on the one in front of me. For a creature of being the smallest, he was probably the brightest one out here. More orange than brown along his crest and the orange faded to black slowly along his reptilian skin down to his feet. I calmed myself, thinking of a calm sea and the soft breaze of the wind. I slowly moved my own thoughts to seep into the creature's mind. it may have not been loud enough for him to hear me, but even then I still whispered, "Shhh, shhh, it's okay. It's only you and me."

I paid attention to his muscles in his legs. Bunched up in fear to be ready to strike or pounce like a feline. As I got closer his body relaxed and lessened. I took more steps towards him when suddenly he barked and went onto his hind legs. Trying to scare me off. At first I cringed and took a few steps back not wanting to get the male angrier at me. I pushed my thoughts into his mind more, but did so softly, using my limited powers of the force I spoke back to him through his mind. "I am not here to hurt you, I just want to be a friend. Everything is going to be okay." I continued to speak the words over and over in his head, even staying them outloud every so often. soon he had gotten back onto all fours.

I smiled. slowly, even slower than before, I walked towards him. he bunched up again, but I titled my head as though I were going to say, "knock it off" he relaxed and let his head down towards me. I was only two feet from him now. I reached out my hand to him, letting it hover in the air, just above his beak. I closed my eyes for a second and reached out to touch him.

@[member="Sanna Legra"], @[member="Isley Verd"]

Krest sets a hand on his Varactyl's head, smiling. He spoke softly, his voice barely hear able to the others. Though, what ever he was saying seemed to work. He kept his eyes on the beast, them soft and caring. With the force he reached out to touch the beasts mind, trying to calm it. Trying to understand it. Krest and the Varactyl went silent for a moment before Krest set his forehead onto the beasts forehead.

What ever he said seemed to have worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom