Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humble Beginnings

Hello there,
I am Moto, hailing from Germany, in his early twenties, rather a fledgling regarding this whole RP thing and currently in Hong Kong on an internship. Enough about RL me for now though and lets move on to what I am here for! The RP. I have been a casual Star Wars fan for long yet as I find myself, more or less, stranded surrounded by a language I do not understand and working hours that are way too long for comfort I took to watching the 'Clone Wars' show before sleep (merely out of boredom, but I somewhat got into it) and then I thought "hey, why not go one step beyond" and voila, I am here.

What do I want to be/play? Well, I want to be an addition, I know my language skills will not quite be up to par with native language users, but I am willing to give it my best shot and hope for success ~_^ I am looking forward to playing a female Sith warrior/knight and for that purpose I am looking for as many pointers, help (and preferably IG a master). Race wise I am boring as hell because I am a stalwart defender of the 'Humans' (through out dozens of RPG's they have always proven to be the 'boring' but also incredibly 'adaptable' race and that appeals to me. The underdog image perhaps?). I am in the process of reading through the board, but in my defense, there is a LOT to catch up on. Again, introductions, highlighting the really important threads, etc is highly appreciated.

Now then, here I am, p-please b-be gentle to me!

Thanks for all the welcomez ;)

It's late so for tonight I guess I am done, but I look forward to browsing some more tomorrow and get on with that fancy chara creation process.
Maybe doing will turn out to be easier than thinking. I had a look at some other apps and...gotta read up on my Star Wars lore! Haha.

Greetings! Don't worry about reading up on your Star Wars lore, Wookiepedia comes in very handy for anything you don't understand. My advice would be to look through the factions, see which one fits your character, then join said faction. I found it was easier to catch up on what my faction was doing first instead of trying to catch up with everyone else.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
As Delila said, Wookiepedia is one of the best resources out there for figuring out Star Wars stuff. The Sith Empire is the current Sith faction, and they are on a warpath, having already claimed two mandalorian planets. You can join their faction by going to their page located on the faction page. Human is always a good species choice, but if you look up 'near human' on wookiepedia you can a slew of species that are mostly human but have a few differences. Overall, hope you have a fun time here and you can always use the shoutbox or PM somebody on staff if you need some help.

Moto said:
Hello there,
I am Moto, hailing from Germany...
What do I want to be/play? Well, I want to be an addition, I know my language skills will not quite be up to par with native language users, but I am willing to give it my best shot and hope for success.
Ah, Germany. The Motherland!
My family is originally German.

And as for the language skills, I've found that foreigners sometimes have better English when it comes to writing than actual Americans. Don't know about those in England, but Americans sometimes have poor language skills. You'll get it!

Welcome to the board!

Welcome to Star Wars RP.net, Moto! If you need any help, do not be afraid to ask. Also, role-play judges as well as most of the senior players would likely be willing to help you proof your posts for spelling/grammar issues and help you improve your English writing skills.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Hello, Moto!
Hailing from a non-English country myself (Croatia), I have to say that being on forums such as these, with people coming from all over the world is a great way of improving your English skills. Even though I've been studying the language at different schools for years, I've honestly learned a lot from these guys, both through roleplaying and interacting with them in other ways. And from what I've seen so far, your English is pretty good. :) And though I'd like to agree with Sandis about American vs. Foreigners speaking English, in my experience, the stereotype doesn't always apply. Our countries just seem to focus far more on the grammar and rules even though it's really more about communication with others.

People above me have pretty much covered basics but from the link Teferi gave you, you'll see that unless transfering rank (ie. previously played and achieved Knight or Master on another board), you'll have to start your character as a Sith Apprentice (though labeling her a Sith Warrior is perfectly fine). But I wouldn't worry about it too much, get plenty of roleplay and you'll see things move very quickly and just getting to the point of being a Knight (and even Master) is more than half of the fun (other being the relationships you build with these people)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom