Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to survive a (K)night

Courscant- The Green Dragon Cantinna
Darren was always alone. Well not truly alone. He had the damned voice in his head that talked to him when a Force user was near him. and He knew some one was close because he head constant battering about how he should fight one guy and mess with a show girl. He ignored all of the other stuff that was happening in the Cantina. He was on the planet Courscant because of Work that needed to be done with the Republic. He was still trying to Work an alliance with them but nothing was happening. Nobody respected the New Rebel Alliance because nothing was being done. So he decided that maybe having a drink would calm him down. Only one he told himself.

Darren wore his black robes that seemed to be liked shadows that hung around his body. he didn't want to show that he had three lightsabers with him so he wore his black tattered cloak with the hood up. He wore no white today. People say that your emotions are shown by how you dress. and right now, Darren was not in the best of moods. He was mad that he had not heard from Ashin about the deal they had made. She would contact him when she was ready to speak. He slammed his fist on the bar. With a smile he realized that he made a fist dent in the bar that folded almost exactly to his hand. Currently it was gloved in leather. Darren put a few credits down for a drink and to pay for the damages he caused. The bartender gave him a smile.

She was a woman that looked nice until you heard her voice. It was deeper than expected and almost sounded like a man. The cause? Years of smoking and doing drugs. He smiled back and looked down at his hand. Clenching it into a fist and unclenching to become open. He still didn't like the way his hands moved. It felt unnatural. But still the fingers moved at his command.

He set his hand down and looked around to see if anything else was happening. So far? Nothing.

Always looking for work, always in one cantina or another with a drink in hand. Has this what she had been diminished to? She wanted adventure, a job or two that would send her far into the galaxy and into the night skies. But so far no one had hired her. Of course, how could she blame them? Her ship barely could leave the ground, being so old and in need of fresh parts. And what worse was she had no crew.

That was definitely the worst. She could handle no jobs and a ship that was a wreck. But without her crew...it was like she had no family yet again.

Sighing, she leaned her elbow on the bar to motion the bartender over. Obviously another was having a bad day, judging from the poor counter to her side. Dented and the dent-er now looking at his hand as if it were alien to him. She knew that feeling all too well; as a Jedi Knight she had lost both arms in battle. It had taken her awhile to get used to the robotics that now replaced her limbs, but she remembered the feeling. After you lose an appendage, you still feel it is there. A phantom limb, they say. But having the robotic limb over the phantom limb...is like a torture in of itself.

She looked at her own fingers, gloves on as she gracefully curled them. The advantage now was strength and speed. But what she wouldn't give to actually feel with them again--and feel not through some computer sensory programs...but to really feel.

The bartender finally made her way to Mid, a pretty face but, boy, that voice signaled that the equipment underneath that skirt belonged to a male. Or perhaps it was one too many cigs...but Middy preferred her sensationalized story of The Crying Game.

"I'll have whatever he's having," she said. Then to the cloaked male she added in jest, "...unless the drink is the reason for your anger? Cause ya know, I sometimes feel like beating on tables when I'm served a godawful drink too."

Darren heard that a Woman just across the counter had been wanting a drink her remark about him being angry brought a slight chuckle from him. He didnt feel so angry because someone actually talked to him of their own accord. Well she kind of talked to him. he looked back at the bar and said "No Alcohol did not fuel my anger that you clearly see." He lifted his head and glanced in here direction "Its called the War thats going on. I just want a break from it all, and to my sadness its not much of a break." Darren was being incredably rude by not actualy facing her. Or saying his name. "Sorry the name is Darren." he moved his body to face her slightly. his elbow was a few inches from the dent in the table.

"Come on, a trip to the Cantina is your idea of a break? This place is worse than war," she joked as she looked around them, hoping he would follow her gaze. He was obviously a warrior, tired of war...looking for peace but finding none. Yet sometimes it was not where you looked which would bring about peace--but how you looked for it.

"See that showgirl? She is worst than Emperor Palpatine could ever be. She will dance just for you, showing you every fantasy you desire. But then the show comes crashing down when you find out that she actually has a pet Rancor who she sets loose on anyone without enough creds to pay for her overly-priced dance. And the guy next to her, the one who has been giving you fighting eyes all night? He's actually blind, poor thing drank the daily special at this place. It took his sight, and depending on what you just drank...you might be next. And the bartender? God, she is worst than the battle of Naboo. I wish I was in the waging wars between gungan and machine rather than sipping her drinks..." she said, and at the same time the bartender conveniently came and gave Mid her cocktail. Possibly the bartender heard some of the smuggler's words, for Mid could not think of a meaner face she received with her order than that. When the bartender turned and left, Mid cautiously eyed her drink and then looked back at Darren. "...that bartender was once an illegal doctor, doing surgeries on street people. She would mix them drinks like these, but they were laced with a type of poison that would knock out her clients. Then she takes them out back and does her cruel experimentations on them."

"I hoped you tipped enough, Darron. Cause I surely don't want her taking it out on both of us. Especially with you hitting her table...I think we are both in for big trouble tonight." Mid regretfully shook her head, as she took a sip of the drink without regard for the stories she was spinning. "And I'm Midnight by the way."

Darren Just laughed alittle when she was talking. He realized that yes a Cantina was not the place to be for a load off. But the thing was that she didn't know his whole story. He had lived in a place like this once. he lived on Korraban with his mother and father that would argue almost every second they saw each other. His father beat him when he was young. He still had the scar that changed his life. Not many people see he scar because he hides it. In fact he had his helmet off she still wouldn't see it. Darren hid a scar that ran down his face on the right side. it started from his hair line and went down over his eye and down to his chin. He was very lucky to still have his eye. He didnt dwell on how it happened for right now. He still hid it from even his closest friends. He used different makeups and other such things to hide it. It had taken years to get the right thing to work. He used a rubber like material that wold shape to his face and he would use makeup and the force to cover up what was there. making the scar invisible to everyone who looked.

He was use to this environment. Where you could never trust anyone. He smiled and looked at the girl. He looked her in the eyes as he took two large gulps of his drink finishing it off. "Not to be rude But you do not know me. Midnight, If thats your real name?" He placed the glass on the counter next to the dent. "You may know these people out of smuggling or by spending alot of time here yourself. And from the looks of you. Your not to big on strength. Si you have something hidden to yourself. Much like I do." He stood up and pulled of the hood to reveal his face that looked younger than he truly was. and pure white hair that was longer than it should have been.

"If you don't want to get into trouble and still want to talk then I suggest we leave." Darren placed a few credits on the table to pay for her drink and for the hospitality they were given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom