Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Catch A Coryth.

OOC: Here you go @[member="Coryth Elaris"] :p

IC:

Naboo
Theed
Market Place...

"Have you seen this woman?" The merchant looked at the holo of the face he was seeking, and the Twi'lek could only shake his head. "Thank you for your time. Taking his leave, the Jedi walked through the mass of people. Everyone gave him plenty of freedom to move around, his face was plastered on the holos. Doing a few good deeds in conjunction with the Protectorate had allowed him such freedom in their territory. Thankfully Ayden Cater himself was friends was the Jedi Master, and a quick conversation with the Exarch had allowed him easy access. Usually on missions trying to stop the Cult of Velok these days, the new GrandMaster had gave the former GrandMaster an assignment that was needing his utmost importance. There were no terrorists to catch, wars to be fought, or Sith to be fought.

He needed to try and convince one of their own to re-join the fold.

With the mass defections the Order had seen through gross-mismanagement from Syn during Master Watts tenure, the Order needed to try and bring it's children back in. That was why he was here in a market place, sticking out like a sore thumb. Blessed with height that few human's had, his thick frame looked like a statue. Years of training and conflict had hardened him in ways that most men couldn't hope for, and even with the massive cloak covering what he was wearing his blonde locks stuck out. Darron's face was plastered on many holo's still for his heroics during the Clockwork invasion, Roche, and many before them. The hushed whispers could be heard, and their anxiety was rolling off in waves. The general consensus was this, why is a Jedi here? He simply smiled, and continued from kiosk to kiosk. The simple message Je'gan had sent him still fresh on his mind:

Darron -- Made contact with an old Padawan of mine, one of my best. Coryth Elaris. Illusionist. Might be found on Naboo; works for Omega Protectorate. Jedi through and through. I've done what I can for now. Bring her home.

Each word reflected in his mind, and he could hear his "brother's" voice with each syllable. His sphere of responsibility was blanketing the area, all the while looking for a woman known to carry her lightsaber on her waist. Fiery red hair was something that non in the area was nothing that he could see. The bare feet that were known to never wear shoes weren't visible, and a quick exhale left his nose not in frustration. At this point, he was merely curious as to where she was. You had to send me to find someone skilled in hiding their appearance, their Force abilities? All the while trumpeting just how amazing they are at said skill? Don't send someone working on illusions, send a man who's a warrior by natures. Relaxing his senses, he simply walked into one of local stim-caf dives that were quite frequent on modern day Naboo. Everyone turned to look at him, and he noticed all the eyes. Then he noticed the eyes not looking at him, but the back of someone's head.

Red hair, with bare feet, and a lightaber on her belt.

"Force works in mysterious ways," he muttered to himself. Shaking his head at the wonders of the Force, he slowly walked to the table. "Is this seat taken?" He wore the ghost of a tired smile that wasn't befitting of a man of thirty years. He let his calm aura show, while patiently waiting. "I think you're someone I was instructed to talk to, and I bear nothing but good intent. I just am doing a favor for a friend, and he told me to come speak to you." Everyone was looking around, but he kept his voice low. "Just a talk, if you don't wish to talk about Je'gan Olra'en and the Jedi Order, well I'll walk right out of her Master Elaris."

@[member="Darron Wraith"]

Steele grey eyes moved off her datapad, looking up to the tall bulky blonde man. Sensing no ill intent, no reason to worry, she motioned for him to take a seat. "By all means." He seemed so familiar, but she did not know him personally. It'd been so long. She'd been gone from known space for a decade. So much had changed, and most in the Order had known her dead until Je'gan had recently found her once more. He had an annoying way of doing that.

The mentions of Jedi Order, her eyes grew cold, her features hardening. The order, and her never really got along. More specifically. The Council and she never got along. Kicked out of Council meetings numerous times for putting Masters in their place time and again as a padawan and a knight. There was a term in the Order, 'don't pull an Elaris' A term most younglings were warned of, the story told of her being so bold to defy the council, tell them exactly what she thought of them and the crap they pulled. She had little patience of them.

"While, the Jedi Order is not a topic I like to discuss, you clearly must be here on Je'gan's behalf or are his friend. One or the other. So we can talk, and openly. Because I do not sugar coat. I'm sure you've heard the stories 'bout me being kicked out of Council meetings." She sighed heavily. "Because of Je'gan, my master, on his behalf I will listen. Otherwise, I'd ask you to leave right now."

She frowned, reaching forward and taking her cup of stimcaf, taking a sip before sitting it off to the side. "So, tell me ... I'm no easy person to find, which meant there was some effort put into finding me. So I'm assuming there is a very important reason that you are here, so let's cut with the formalities and cut to the chase."

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Upon getting her permission, he simply pulled the chair back while pulling his robe closer to him while taking a seat. The edges of the black fabric parted to reveal his golden breast plate, and a gloved hand that covered a prosthesis rested on the table as he casually sat there. He couldn't help but notice the subtle shift in her calm face, and the sharpness was quite the contrast. Je'gan had filled him in on the cliffnotes version of her issues with the Order, and they seemed to be part of the larger problem that man in the galaxy themselves had. Though to have such a thing come up in a quaint cafe in Naboo was startling, but he had slightly prepared for such a thing. However, this mission had started off much more simpler than it was now.

Things had changed, and the circumstances would be different from this meeting.

"Yes, the effort I put in was considerable." It was on the former GrandMaster's orders that he had come, and this particular mission had been quite far reaching. The auction fiasco had started it off, and he had just returned from retrieving the Tionne holocron. Whatever Velok had hoped to accomplish hadn't worked as he was now permanently gone from the galaxy thanks to Aleidis. The fallout from it all was daunting, she had dissapeared and Je'gan had given his post to Darron after the trial that they had worked on together. That had been difficult, but thankfully those responsible for the mess the Republic was in had either left the Order, or were facing their judgement. Justice wasn't what he was seeking on this day. Like Je'gan had originally intended, he was hoping to bring her back into the Order. Things had changed, and judging from her reactions, he had found a kindred spirit.

"I am Je'gan's very best friend honestly, and if he asks me to do something I generally will do it. That said, things have changed in the Republic and the Jedi Order will be changing to reflect all of this as well. He no longer is in charge, I am and I am hoping to bring in everyone who has left due to prior disputes with an outdated Council or the Republic as the reason for their leaving the Order. It's time for us to broaden our focus to the galaxy that will allow us to help them, and if they don't want our help they will still receive it. The code hasn't been the issue, it's been disputes where we let the politics of a situation stop us. I would know, I've been at the forefront of many of these issues."

He turned to see the waitress, and pointed to Coryth's beverage while making gesturing for one as well. The smile on his face was the best he could do, and she smiled back while going to get his drink. "That being said, you're a Master and I want people who disagree with me. I want people who will stop me from doing something we shouldn't, I want that. You are a Master now, so you would never get booted from a meeting. So...thoughts, questions?"

@[member="Darron Wraith"]

Coryth listened patiently for a moment, letting each word sink in. The force around her swirl in possibilities, each path from here, each choice, came with its risks and opportunities. "Politics is my problem with the order. When politics of the Republic dictate when and where we are to help, despite billions suffering across the galaxy every day, whether injury, disease or war, that is when I have a problem." She sighed heavily, looking up to him. "I've let the force be my guide for years, and I'm not about to let politics get in the way of the people who need it most."

Her hand dropped down lightly running her fingers along the white saber at her hip, touching upon the engraving she'd personally made. "I shall do no harm, seek the weak, feeble, ill and wounded. Above all else, help those who need it most. No matter the side. No matter the cost. Those are not idle words. That is the oath I follow." A shrug came with a sigh, "I'm a healer by nature. Gifted beyond measure. I refuse to let politics get in my way. It is why I have not ever gotten along with the council. Sending a healer into dark temples, to carry dark objects home. A stupid use of a healer if ever there was one."

She sneered a little," And now the very people who have been my life, my home, my livelyhood for so long, ally with the very monsters who stole my life from me." Snappy, just a hair, anger rising up a little before she could push it away. "If that is the Republic you are wanting me to come back to? If that is what you ask of me, then just leave now. I am not about to join and prance happily with the people who stole my life from me! Who scarred my body beyond what is imaginable, to have nearly killed me not once, not twice but three times! Then kidnapped me and took ten years of my life from me! Ten years? I'm I'm supposed to what? Play nice? Act like that didn't happen? No. So, if that is why you are here, I fear you have come in vain." The tiny woman started to get up, frustrated, annoyed and more than anything hurt. Some wounds just never healed, and some lines the little redhead would never cross.

"May I at least speak before you rush off?" Darron's voice was calm, and he stayed perfectly centered as he always did. It was just his very nature to not break past the lines he had formed for himself. That didn't mean he didn't have his flaws, Je'gan himself had once compared him to the eye of the storm. "Everything about your center is pure Jedi, but what you can do is so beyond the normal realm of what we can do, brother." Wraith kept those words true to heart at all times, and it served him well. If a war couldn't get his pulse going, or saving someone from being assassinated. Then a Jedi Master who rightfully had reason to be perturbed wasn't going to do it, and he wasn't going to add to her bias she already had. So, he said nothing as he waited for his stimcaf to get to the table. Once it did so, he paid for it right there and tipped the waitress before taking a sip and setting it down on the table.

Serenity still on his face, he simply looked Coryth over before speaking. "I want to save as many lives in the galaxy as I possibly can, it's hard-wired into the very man that I am. The one life I value the least is mine, and if I said that at the temple I'd get thrown in a closet for how much the Jedi rely on me." It was a truth that he didn't want to really touch on, that despite everything they still relied on him. "So I'm not asking you to get into politics, or let that dictate what the Force asks of you. What I'm asking is that you come to the Order, and join with those who are like minded instead of acting alone. On Tython, or on the Shepard, our temple ship you could do so much more than what you're doing on a few worlds in Protectorate space." Another long sentence, and another large gulp of the stimcaf to wet his throat. He didn't often drink anything other than water, and the caffeine was a pleasant change-up from what he usually had.

"We're going to distance from the Republic's military defense quite a bit. I'm not going to have the Jedi marching to pointless war that the government we are most closely affiliated with drive us into a spot we don't need to be. I'm content to defend the peaceful nations of this galaxy, and as such I'm getting treaties put together so the Jedi can function in other territories friendly to the Republic so we can do our duty there without consequence. I don't want to fully remove us from our duty though, because as flawed as that government is, we must do our best to protect democracy. It's the only path to the society most Jedi wish for." Darron leaned forward before dropping another nugget of information. "The treaty with the Empire is about to be dissolved anyways, so no need to rave about peace. That was a temporary band-aid after the battle of Metalorn, so don't think they are that foolish."

Then, he set his stimcaf down and looked at her rather pensively. "Also, I want to show you why Je'gan decided I would be best to speak to you. I'm going to tell you a bit about me, and lets compare some scars shall we?" Darron pulled his right sleeve up, and removed the golden cortosis weave bracer off and then removed the forearm length glove. Underneath it, now fully revealed was his prosthesis. "I earned this defending my best friend, a now dead Jedi Master by the name of Rolf Sergeo." He then pointed to the scars on his face,"I earned these defending another world from the Sith." Then he pulled his robes aside, and grabbed the armorweave undershirt that was tucked in. His golden chest piece was fully visible, and he could feel eyes on him. "Look here Master Elaris," he then pulled it up to reveal his chiseled stomach, marred by several lightsaber burns. Though he focused on one that went right into the left side of his abdomen, it was shaped perfectly like a lightsaber's diameter.

"I was stabbed, cut, and broken over and over for the Order and the Republic. I watched my child murdered right infront of me before I was frozen in carbonite for twenty years, all of my friends have been murdered in the defense of peace and justice. My older brother who was a Sith, was killed by me. He killed my family, and a year ago at the battle of Roche I was stabbed by the Empress as I fought her to a draw and ended her reign. I fought that day for peace and Order, and I lost my fiance and the child we were expecting. She got out, and I have no clue where she is now." Darron pulled his shirt down and tucked it back in before letting his eyes burrow deeply into @[member="Coryth Elaris"]. "I tell you all this so you see something, I've been broken in every way and yet here I am as Jedi as they come. So please, reconsider your stance."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom