Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to be classy on coruscant

coruscant has always been known for it's upscale cities and parties. So a Smuggler walking around like he belong was unheard of; apparently Captain Calen did not receive this memo. He was here in Sith territory to cause some problems and get some clients.

He traveled around the coruscant underground asking information about where important people were spending their nights. He had multiple people tell him about an upper-scale party at the planet's nicest cantina and of course it was invite only. Xalen smirked at the thought of this being a challenge. He went to a clothing shop and got a nice, but old looking attire. He bought brown pants with a white button down and brown suspenders. To add to the attire he got a brown duster coat and kept his cowboy hat.

He made his way to the party and saw the bouncer and a long line formed. With the amount of clients inside, he just slipped the bouncer a 100 credit and was let in.

Why shouldn't a fine person like Maria Natalja Zambrano visit a Coruscanti party once in a while? There are no reasons to prevent her from doing that, so there she was, partying in a skyscraper on Coruscant. It was a cool place; there was enough room for everything, nor did it lack of food and drink. It was a fantastic place.

Many people had come before Maria, but it didn't matter to her. At that moment, she could have been standing near the bar in a black dress and black long heels. She hadn't brought her staff Confectrix, of course, but she had her "Echo of the Damned", a blaster pistol she had recently purchased. It was in her high-class handbag which looked really small, but was actually able to hold a bunch of things in it.

The barman was pleased with Maria's presence; he was more playful than usually and made cocky comments, but everybody seemed to be perfectly fine with that.

Music was cool on the party. The DJ seemed to be a professional in his field, judging by the amount of people dancing on the floor.

[member="CaptainXalen"]

Xalen moved through the party and every now and then would get a look, but he would turn on the charm and that look would turn into interest. He scooped the party looking for clients, but settled on needing a drink.

He moved to the bar and sat next to a woman who appeared in control and comfortable with herself; confidence. "Gin martini, stirred, no shaken. Oh what the Hell, make that two." He relaxed a little and took in the feel of the room. Once his drinks were prepared he turned towards the lady. "Now why would a high class Sith be making her way to a party, even one so luxurious as this?" He knew she was a sith. He had run into so many that he knew their stance, knew their feel, knew their attitude. This one, however, had a sense of difference; maybe she was seeking more adventure from such a dull life.

[member="Maria Zambrano"]

Maria smiled as the man turned to her. "So you think I am luxurious? Well, thank you, even though I don't consider myself to be so... noble yet." Then she took a sip of her wine red wine - an expensive one - and continued, "Anyways, a fine human being should visit a Coruscanti party once in a while. Some of them tend to get really interesting. Some of them, on the other hand, are just as luxurious as a gentle person."

Then she smiled once again and turned towards the barman, asking, "Could you please not listen to everybody having conversations? It's getting rather annoying how you listen to every conversation which takes place near the bar area." The man was noticeably surprised and even a little bit shocked. He had hoped to catch Maria under his net, but instead, Maria had decided to ignore his constant attempts to get her attention. Yes, he had her attention before, but not like he had expected it to be.

"I am Maria, by the way..." the Witch of Arx Mortis spoke, handing her right hand to the man to shake hands.

[member="CaptainXalen"]

Xalen couldn't help, but notice that this Sith was more talkative then the rest. This meant ether she was still green or she had been a sith for a while and just didn't care what she said anymore. Xalen sipped his Gin and passes her the other one. He smirked as she snapped at the bartender thinking it a bit odd since what else was a bartender to do? He shook her hand as she introduced herself. "Maria, what a beautiful name. I am Xalen, Captain Xalen to some. Sounds like you are more here out of boredom than out of choice. What is it that you do for fun, dear?" The bartenders dr a cocky comment after the shock of Marie's words had passed, so without making a big deal about it he moved his coat so the bartender saw one of Xalen's pistols which was worth more than this cantina and his yearly salary combined. This would keep the bartender out of their hair. He smiled to Maria and sipped his drink once again.

"Nice to meet you, then! If I am bored, I do whatever I want to. Sometimes I visit other planets, sometimes I go shopping. This is actually quite a rare occasion. Typically, I don't go to parties that much. I prefer... luxurious events, people with manners, and tea along with crumpets. That's basically what I do when I'm bored," Maria spoke, sometimes stopping for a moment to take another sip of her wine.

"But what do you do when you're bored? Do you go to such parties often?" she continued.

[member="CaptainXalen"]

The Captain thought for a bit. "Normally I don't like all this fancy stuff, but I need clients. I transport goods from one place to another. Goods of a sensitive nature. I don't really get bored in my line of work, it is very fast paced and interesting. Recently I acquired a class 0.3 Hyperdrive from a Sith Lab. Besides that I am looking for work." He downed his Gin. He could drink like a fish, but it took a lot for him to feel it due to drinking since a young age.

Maria sighed. Not because she felt emotional because of the man's talk, but just because. She didn't know what to day as an answer, so she decided to just remain silent and do nothing. Well, except drinking a bit more. After taking quite a large sip out of her wine, Maria had an idea of what to speak of.

She hoped Xalen will follow her lead, then, even though he wasn't a Force-sensitive

"What do you think about the... Jedi?" she asked.

[member="CaptainXalen"]

"Just a bunch of nuts with their hokey religions and ancient weapons. I see no difference in the Jedi and Sith, just one nut group fighting another. I have a rouge jedi on my crew and he is ok, a bit on the odd side, but he gets the job done. I assume you hate the jedi and want to wipe them all out using magic and light sticks? Nothing can beat a trusty blaster. The way I see it if the jedi or sith get in my way they end up dead, but if they help me make money then I could careless about their hokey beliefs." He raised his hand a bit for a refill.

"Jedi... Why would I hate them? They are a fine group of people. I see we finally have something which we don't agree on. You don't like Force-sensitives in general, I like all of them," Maria spoke. Then she put her glass down.

"Well, the only thing I can say. Don't ever underestimate a Force-user, whoever they are. The Force is a powerful thing." Then the glass rose into the air. Maria was using Telekinesis on it.

"But let me ask another question... what do you think about these major powers in the galaxy? For example, the Republic?"

[member="CaptainXalen"]

With a swift motion, Xalen quick drew his pistol and shot the glass. The whole place then got quite and so he tossed the bartender a credit and put away his gun and slowly the party went back to normal. "And don't overestimate them ether. People with great power usually end up abusing that and you could ask my parents that if they weren't killed when our house was caught in one of the Jedi and Sith wars." He took a drink of his Gin. "Quite frankly, you have more power in your beauty and personally than in your force." He looked around starting to get bored of this place. "You want to get out of here? My ship is near by and this party is pretty dull."

"Life is cruel. The ones who are weak can't survive. That's how everything works. This is how the Force works," Maria spoke silently, something between whispering and normal talk, after the man had talked about how his parents were killed. It was a shame such a thing happened. Maria had also lost a parent. Her mother had died at a very young age and her only child wasn't even able to spend the needed time with her.

"You want to get out of here? My ship is near by and this party is pretty dull," was the question Xalen asked from her.

"I like this party. I wouldn't leave so soon. After all, the real wonders begin after midnight..."

[member="CaptainXalen"]

"If you say so." He looked at the party to survey it. It was a bunch of bureaucrats drying up the place and then some teenagers doing some unexplainable dance, but just looked like sex in dancing form. He shrugged, he never quite understood why people enjoyed these sort of things, but then again he had payed 100 credits to get in so I guess that makes him more foolish then everyone else. "The weak only become the weak because people in power abuse it to the point that they create the weak. My father was an imperial agent and a damn fine one. He was far from weak, but I grew up in poverty because he was was disbanded for not killing a child. On a mission he had to eliminate all witnesses and there was a 3 year old girl left as a witness and he spared her and smuggled her to another planet and gave her a new home. That isn't weak, that is compassion and mercy, yet your people found it as weakness. I saw the my parents killed and it was no accident, it was murder." Xalen was now easily considered anger, yet only his choice in words showed it because his tone had not changed this whole time; Kar had trained him quite well.

"Please clarify... who are these my people you speak of?" Maria asked. Some thing about the man's speech bothered her, but she had decided to let it be until a certain point in his speech. What did the man think of? CIS? No, couldn't be... CIS doesn't have an imperial agency. What, then? The New Order, maybe? They could be.

The Sith Empire had an imperial agency, too, at least Maria believed so. She could have been wrong, though, because she had never been a member of the Sith Empire while it still existed, even though she had sometimes thought about joining the Sith to destroy the weak in the galaxy, the ones who should not be.

[member="CaptainXalen"]

"Are you not a Sith? Them. But lets switch subjects, I do not like talking about myself this much." Xalen pushed his drink away because he was losing control of his tongue and almost revealed the identity of his sister. He began to sit and wonder how she was doing, he hadn't seen her since he was younger. Was she ok? Was she alive? These questions bothered him, but he had made the right choice to not bring her on this life of his.

"Alright. Let's just talk about something else, then... What... is your favourite drink? Alcoholic, I mean," Maria changed the subject. In fact, she didn't like talking about Force-sensitivity or anything either. Because in her opinion, those who weren't sensitive to it couldn't ever understand its secrets. A true user of the Force doesn't argue with thos who are ignorant, she had to tell herself again. Sometimes she forgot common sense. Sometimes she acted a bit strangely.

"Personally... I think wine is the best... Red wine, to be precise. Because... I just love it!"

[member="CaptainXalen"]

He raised an eyebrow to her able to read that she thought lower of him due to something he had said. He didn't care, he never really cared what people thought of him as long as he was making money. It was a lonely life, but one day he would return to finding his sister, one day. He was then presented with a question. "I drink Gin Martinis stirred, not shaken. Shaken is awful for the taste of a martini, whoever came up with that was a fool."

Maria smirked a bit, but then turned her head away. "Well, people do have different tastes. I am sure you wouldn't enjoy drinking wine like I do, for example. I am not sure why I am so obsessed with it. It's just so good..." Then she lowered her head a bit for a moment, just like she was thinking something. She was thinking, actually.

About what to do next.

She was not a social butterfly, you know.

"And I, on the other hand," she continued, and turned her head towards the man again, "would never love to drink gin just like you do."

[member="CaptainXalen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom