Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How should stealth actions be labeled? Plus possible campaign idea.

Ok I will need to clarify what I meant in the title. By stealth action, I mean behind the scenes rp. If you are following Daxton's actions you would see that he establishing destabilization efforts on several worlds. The goal being to set up turmoil and strife for future rps which can involve active participation by the other factions.

Being a snake in the grass that he is, I would wish to avoid their early discovery before I get the pot boiling over so to speak. Should the threads be faction only for the meantime?

Also I am planning to have these as the foreshadowing for the series of campaigns I am planning to run. I would probably post it by next week once Lent is over.

As a teaser here is the premise. With the stalemate happening on Morje, Sith forces deployed defensively around territories claimed by Clan Pekel. Aside from the vast shipments of goods, factional spies have reported an increase in the supply of military oriented goods and training corps. Several underwater demolitions have been recorded, and it seems that the Sith are searching for something. What it is no one knows for certain but it could explain why they are interested in a planet so far from space they can easily control.

The goal of this adventure is to find out what are the Sith searching for? Can they acquire it for their faction? Failing that can they prevent other factions from acquiring it first?

I would be posting the full campaign along with the rules after Lent since I am not sure how my connection would be like this coming weekend. It would be open to all non-sith characters, so questions/inquiries are always welcome.

Sounds like a good idea for a campaign if people want to join in, yeah!

Stealthy actions, on the other hand, are harder to maintain as it takes people to completely envelop themselves IC and not use OOC knowledge to allow it. Doesn't happen very often, as everyone can read your stuff and be like "He's doing such and such! We should stop him."

The idea of role-playing is interacting with others and writing stories with people, so you're basically only as stealthy as the other writer(s) allow you to be. Kinda lame, but it's how it works. If you have some rule suggestions for how you could implement this, I'm willing to hear you out, but I wouldn't get too hopeful about it. Things like this are very tricky to implement without giving a lot of power to Roleplayer A while Roleplayer B complains about the rules to the Roleplay Judges. It could ultimately turn people away from even joining the site, so we try to avoid stuff like that. It's a very thin line between having fun and allowing creativity.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I recommend getting to know more people OOC Daxton. Build relationships with other writers and develop a rapport with them. It sounds strange to say, but the more that people like you the more willing they will be to entertain even the craziest idea. Even tag along.

So yeah. Roleplaying is as easy as grabbing some friends and having some fun! Woot woot! :D

Thank you for the feedback. I really should post more often from my writer account as people tend to be suspicious of me as Daxton (i wonder why? hahahaha)

After discussing things with my fellow writer, I have decided to move the campaign to another planet instead of Morje. Are there any suggestions on a suitable planet? Preferably a backwater world with little tech, but not necessary.

Looking forward to writing many good stories with the group in the near future. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom