Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long should I wait before making an alt?

Jacota Fiik

This just isn't my day...
So as a writer, which is an affliction I'm sure you all are familiar with, I constantly have characters pop up in my head. I recently got an idea for a new one and I want to make him soonish, but I don't know what the usual accepted grace period between characters is around here. This is partially brought on by the fact that it doesn't feel right to do any other threads with Jacota until he's off of that pirate ship. A spot which I admittedly put myself into.

So yeah. Any thoughts?

[member="Jacota Fiik"] Well, there is no grace period!

You may want to make 1 alt, you may want to make 5. Or more... [member=Cira] .... ;)

Use them wisely, as good expressions of your ideas and I'm sure you'll fine them all enjoyable in their own way.

I have alts to cover all bases - Good Force User, Bad Force User (inactive), Good Non-Force User and Bad Non-Force Users, just so I can try lots of different ways of writing in different situations and adventures. If one goes quiet, I move to another and see what I can do.

So basically, if you have an idea....go for it.

:)

[member="Connor Harrison"] is best pony.

But onto the matter at hand. I made this character, my second, about two weeks after my first character, who only has a fraction of the posts. Don't feel like you have to prefer your first character.

Some writers, like [member=Lady Kay] has just her one character, and has more than enough fun with just the single character. And then on the opposite end of the spectrum you've got, as Connor mentioned, [member=Cira]. But even then, there are so many great writers and characters out here, I genuinely doubt I've managed to write with any of Cira's characters yet! (feel free to correct me if I was wrong dear.)

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
[member="Jacota Fiik"]

4377698.jpg

But seriously, so long as you're confident that you really want to write the character, make it! We used to be able to delete alts we didn't want any more, but now they don't do that...,

[member="Jacota Fiik"]

There is a scientific way of calculating it:

1. Find a piece of string

2. Measure it

3. Divide by 2

4. Add your age

5. Halve it

6. Take away the number you first thought of

7. Ignore the result and when the muse says you need another character, go for it :)

tumblr_m63xi2h62o1rngi1xo1_400.gif

:p

Corvus Raaf said:
[member="Jacota Fiik"]

There is a scientific way of calculating it:

1. Find a piece of string

2. Measure it

3. Divide by 2

4. Add your age

5. Halve it

6. Take away the number you first thought of

7. Ignore the result and when the muse says you need another character, go for it :)

tumblr_m63xi2h62o1rngi1xo1_400.gif

:p
I'm allowed to be in love with you, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom