Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooboy.

Matters of State.

The Mandalorian Empire was expanding. It was clear to all that the nation was here to stay – unless divine calamity befell them. Whatever opponent that laid in wait, Mand'alor the Reclaimer and his warriors would cut them down. However, that did not make the Mando'ade fools. Although a decision that had picked at old wounds, a truce was brokered between the Clans and the One Sith Empire: a truce still honored by Isley himself. It was not an agreement any Mandalorian was entirely fond of, treating with the enemy and whatnot. But. It provided all Mandalorians a valuable resource.

Time.

For years, the United Clans prepared to weather the storm of the Sith. And Isley honestly believed that, at one point, they were strong enough to accomplish that task. Yet the Primeval, Akala, and Death Watch shook them vigorously. Wayland was lost...and it was all downhill from there. Thus did this truce buy the Mandalorian people a precious commodity: time enough to set their feet upon solid ground. Since then...it seemed as though the "gift" was not being utilized to its fullest extent. Isley laid claim to the title of Mand'alor and cut out his own Empire, yes; but his election to do so was upon realizing just how lost his people were.

They needed more time. And how much Isley did not know.

What's more, whispers flew upon the wind. Whispers of a Dark Lord who no longer drew breath. Whispers of divisions born within the seemingly impenetrable Empire. Whispers of momentum being gained by the Galactic Alliance. The Mand'alor could not immediately discern the truth of these claims, but as a man focused upon the future, he had to prepare. In the event that the One Sith endured...then steps would have to be taken to prevent the fledgling Empire from being consumed. And if it didn't...then Isley had to prepare for what remnants would arise in the wake.

Thus did Isley do a hard thing. He accepted.

[member="Izevel Zambrano"] was...the living embodiment of his youthful endeavors. With her did three children enter the world – and with her did he experience some of the more pleasant years of his life. Mercenary work. Bounty hunts. All to return to a fiery embrace. Those indeed were the days. Yet now, the time had come to...accept an offer made by the patriarch of her family: [member="Darth Carnifex"]. A union, one of blood, that would align the Houses Verd and Zambrano evermore. A union that would, in the Mand'alor's eyes, would purchase him that precious commodity.

Time.

Per his acceptance, the union was set to occur in the manner dictated by tradition. Mandalorian tradition. Small, quiet, and away from prying eyes. A silent balcony, overlooking the sunset of Dubrillion was chosen: and Isley awaited. Slashed in polished, Crimson beskar'gam, the Mand'alor awaited his old flame.

By the Gods, what am I doing...

She as a person detested this particular future. Sure Isley was a lovely tumble in the sheets every now and then. But to actually marry him!?!It was even more surprising when she learned that her father was backing this. That he had arranged this.. Though, looking at things from a political angle, Izevel could see herself doing the same.

It was after the fact that she had come to terms with what was set to happen that the obsidian haired woman found herself striding in the direction of Isley, the click of heels and the soft sweeping sound of fabric against the polished tile signaled her approach.

Dressed this day in a simple yet elegant white dress the woman would bite back any smart remarks she felt and just make her way to getting what was needed over with. Even if Isley annoyed her at times , she still held that small spot of affection towards the man that helped in the creation of their children, albeit two of those three children hating the both of them.

Moving out onto the balcony, the woman would come to stand a few feet away from Isley, her features schooled in an expression of neutral acceptance, it's not like she a Zambrano would ever openly admit that she held a fondness for someone. A fondness that could be used as a weakness. Reaching out, she placed a hand upon his arm, her gaze shooting to his face before she would begin speaking softly.

"Let's get this over with . You get to bare the wrath of the girls when you tell them by the way.."

[member="Isley Verd"]

Matters of the Heart.

When last the Mandalorian truly lived by his desires, it had been during a time long ago. He was young, admittedly stupid, and had many mistakes ahead of him. Yet despite the faults of inexperience, Isley could truly say that he was happy back then. He did what he wanted – he loved who he wanted...and thus did the Mand'alor have to ask important some questions. Could he love Izevel? Did he? Does he?

Yet before he could answer, there she was. Stunning as always, dressed in a simple, yet elegant dress. White – well befitting the occasion of the present. Though, a small part of him fully anticipated something more "Zambrano", like black...or fresh blood. Anyway. Isley offered a warm smile as she joined him on the balcony, and chuckled in response to her words. There was no point in being formal about the affair, it was just them after all. Why not laugh?

"Oh, I'm sure the girls will be thrilled." he said.

A light sigh. Onto business. Placing his gaze upon her eyes, Isley began to build a bridge. Izevel was not born of Mandalore, nor was she apart of his ways. Yet to be his, whether founded on politics or not, she would have to walk his path. She would become Mando'ade.

"This is not going to be as simple as reciting words and cutting cake." he began, gently stepping forward. Isley was starting to pace, he did that when he had to formulate those deep thoughts y'know. "If you are to be mine, then my life...my Way becomes yours. I will take you into my House, and my people will become your people."

He paused, drawing a breath.

"And though you'll want for nothing, as I will provide for you...my people do not see Mand'alor as they would a normal King. Being my spouse does not mean reverence, nor does it mean obedience. That comes by earning it with your own hands – and to be mine you will earn your place among us. You will earn your honor."

Ceasing his steps, Isley faced her once more.

"Six Actions. Otherwise known as the Resol'nare. To be mine you will need to adopt them into your life...They will become the foundation of your life. If you can and are willing to do this...then I can marry you. But if you cannot, then...you put on the dress for naught."

Now was the part where he opened himself up to her...wrath.

"And you do look stunning, by the way."

[member="Izevel Zambrano"]

Her lips twitched, her eyes flashed. Her fury danced forth briefly before she tampered it down. Did he think she hadn't educated herself before hand?Did he think she would not do everything to make things smoother.

Taking a deep breath, Izevel would wait a moment before speaking to him, her temper fighting to the surface but rationale winning out. He was in the same boat as she. He had a people and traditions. "Kunate Isley.." She would mutter in Mando'a beneath her breath. He really was naive at times. She had three kids with him. Thought she loved him at one point in time when she was young and stupid. Did he really think that she hadn't looked into an studied the ways of his people. He was always going on and about them when they were young and careless.

"I would not be in this expensive trash bag if I wasn't prepared to adopt and apply your ways Isley.."

Speaking softly , she turned away from him, her hands moving to grip the balcony. Looking out and about, she would drift into silence, her thoughts a pleasant place in the current light of things.

[member="Isley Verd"]

"If that's the case."

When last he spoke the words, it was for love. Blind, blissful love. Yet the outcome...was less than perfect. In fact, things had ended so poorly that Isley had made a quiet oath to himself. It was not for vengeance or some sort of vindication. Rather, he promised himself not to utter the words again. The ache in his chest was great, and for so long. Not a man alive would want to relive such agony again. However, that was then and this was now. And for his people, a Mand'alor would stop at nothing.

Stepping closer, Isley ensnared Izevel's waist in his arms. His words...those words...formed and fell ever softly from his lips.

"Mhi solus tome. We are one when together. Mhi solus dar'tome. We are one when apart. Whi me'dinui an. We share all. Mhi ba'juri verde. We will raise warriors."

Her mind ran a mile a minute, thinking over little unnecessary things such as how;

She had hoped to do this particular thing with as little contact as needed. She hated dresses. Especially feminine dresses. She also hated thoughts that had drifted into her mind the second he ensnared her waist. She knew sacrifices needed to be made and a political marriage was one of those. Would she openly admit she wanted to one day marry the poor soul she would fall head over heels for?No.

Inhaling softly, she would begin speaking the words that were needed to seal the deal so to speak. If anything she was more eager to learn and adapt the Mandalorian ways. To see how Isley interacted with his people and their children; Not that she would openly admit that at first.

Giving Isley a long look, she would repeat after him, the words needed.

"Mhi solus tome. We are one when together. Mhi solus dar'tome. We are one when apart. Whi me'dinui an. We share all. Mhi ba'juri verde. We will raise warriors."

[member="Isley Verd"]

The view provided over the shoulder of his bride was breathtaking. Waves rolled quietly onto the shore. The Sun bid a fond farewell above, painting a mural of vibrance across the sky. Dubrillion was truly a breathtaking place...and being wed with such beauty before them would be quite the memory. Having voiced the ancestral words, Isley waited a moment until Izevel repeated them. He would be lying if a small part of him - the young scamp that was once enamored with the woman before him - didn't feel satisfaction. Political or not, he was marrying the love of his youth.

"I'll do right by you."

These words were not apart of the ancient rite, but they were a vow. Certain things would have to cease – things that a single man had come to enjoy quite a bit. Isley didn't have to elaborate on what he meant by this promise, as Izevel was an intelligent woman. He promised to be faithful, in more ways than one. Drawing a breath, the Mandalorian gave her waist a gentle squeeze whilst his lips found her cheek.

"I..." he was lost for words at that point. "...Do you wish to stay here for awhile? A proper get away?"

The feel of his lips upon her cheek startled the woman from her thoughts. Glancing at him from the corner of her eyes, she would allow a genuine smile to dance across her features. Turning her gaze to the view, it was a few moments before she once more began talking her voice soft yet perfectly at ease.

"It would be a shame to let something as pretty as this view go to waste.. Besides, there is something I need to say to you."

Placing a hand on his cheek, it would remain there for a few moments whilst she formulated what exactly it was that she wanted to say.

"I'm sorry.. Sorry for assuming you didn't have it in you to be a father and not telling you of your children. I won't make excuses. I did what I believed was in the best interest of our daughters. I did not stop to take into consideration on how it would affect both them and you. For that I'm sorry.."

It wasn't often that she opened up, when she did it was a rare occurrence. So that fact that she could give him a genuine apology spoke volumes. Pulling her hand back from his cheek, it was her turn to lean in and brush a light kiss over his flesh.

[member="Isley Verd"]

"Oh? Go on."

He spoke, lofting a brow inquisitively. Izevel did not speak her mind instantly, however. Instead, she placed her hand upon her cheek, matching his eyes with her own. Isley did not rush her, of course, for her expression was that of...thoughtfulness. Whatever she had to say, it was clear that she wanted to say it right. As such, the Mandalorian kept his peace and simply returned her gesture: placing his hand over her own.

When Izevel did finally speak, Isley was caught off guard. An apology was the last thing he had anticipated, especially from her - especially today of all days. He blinked, taking a moment to process what she had said. And then, as if to leave him reeling all the more, she placed a kiss upon his lips. Now it was Isley's turn to carefully consider what to say next. Gently, he broke the kiss and touched his brow to hers.

"I wasn't the man I am now. And given the circumstances, you did the right thing. We were young. We were not ready to safely raise Runi, Nyx, and Never. If we had tried, they wouldn't be breathing today. There's nothing to apologize for, Izevel. All we can do is move forward and make up for lost time with them."

"You say that now. I remember your anger when you and the girls stumbled upon me.. Thank you oh Carmel one for throwing me under the bus.."

Reaching up, she would give his cheek a rough yank, clearly still holding that particular encounter against him. Brilliant hues would stare into his whilst she formulated what she wanted to say to him next.

"As much as I enjoy being near you and this view.. This damned dress needs to go. I need pants. I need them now.."

With that said, she would untangle herself from his embrace and spin on her heel; clearly on a mission to get out of the girly garments she wore. Glancing over her shoulder at him, she would shoot him a wink and the be on her way.

[member="Isley Verd"]

"To be fair, I had just found out that they were my children. I'm entitled to a little throwing under the bus."

He winced as her fingers attempted to pry the flesh clean from his face. Note to self: the pretty brunette held grudges. Then came the wink. That oh-so-playful wink.

"I agree, the dress has to go." he began, a mischievous grin forming. "But must you put pants on so soon?"

And so, like a puppy following the scent of fresh meat, Isley followed Izevel into the suite. His footsteps were, admittedly, a touch more eager than hers – for he was a man on a mission after all. He caught up to her in but a handful of paces before placing a hand on either shoulder. Fabric slid down under his hands.

"Shall we trash the room, like old times?"

She shook her head at his remark about only finding out he was a father to two very stubborn women. Biting back a snippy remark she continues on her way.

It was only when he second statement caught her ears that she slowed slightly, a mischievous grin dancing across her features. Her grin only widened when he caught up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders, the feel of fabric sliding down soon following. Turning her head slightly, the woman would arch a brow before speaking to him lowly, her tone teasing and playful.

"You came to help me. How sweet."

And then came the remark about old times and she couldn't let a statement like that go to waste, he was after all one of the few she was comfortable bantering back and forth with. So it would come as no surprise when the next set of banter danced forth from plush lips.

"Are you sure you're able to reenact old times? Sure seems like your age may have caught up with you darling.."

[member="Isley Verd"]

"Oh, you've got joookes."

A low chuckle escaped the Mandalorian as he took another step forward. She challenged his age, eh? Did she not know to whom she spoke? He was Isley karking Verd, the legendary scoundrel whose "saber" literally sparked a war. A few specks of gray wouldn't deter him from living up to his fabled reputation! Grinning, Isley reached out, trailing his fingertips over his bride's cheek. Yet the gesture was a trap, a very tender trap. Up they traversed, sneaking past her ear before suddenly burrowing into her locks.

He tugged. Just like old times.

* * *​

Several ruined pieces of furniture later, the Mandalorian came up for air. He winced, ever so slightly, before inspecting the extent of the damage. Glass. Wood. Fabric. It looked as if a grenade had went off in the suite. Furthermore, Isley looked as though he had jumped on an explosive device, as he was bleeding from more than four places. Okay, maybe age was getting to him ever so slightly, because round two was totally out of the picture.

"Thirsty?"

Reclined back against the bed, covered in various wreckage from their dance; Izevel would soon swing her legs over the side of the bed until her feet came to rest upon the floor. Turning towards her husband, she would reach out and run a finger along one of the bleeding gashes she had caused upon his flesh, gathering a pearl of crimson upon her index finger. Bringing her finger to the front of her face, she went about rolling the pearl between her index and thumb, a smug look dancing across her features.

"Darling, it appears your skin did get thinner with time.."

Was she smug at being right once more?You bet. Was she thoroughly exercised?Most definitely. It was only when he asked if she was thirsty that she rose and made her way to the other side of the room, garments being pulled on in the process that she would turn and face him, a smile curving those lush lips of hers.

"I could go for some food. Maybe ten or twelve plates.."

[member="Isley Verd"]

"I'm thinner in general." he said, opting not to make any snappy comebacks regarding just how red her posterior currently was. "But now that you're back, you can remedy the problem with those excellent sandwiches of yours. Mind whipping me up one? Or twelve?"

With that said, Isley gave her a rather genuine "please" expression – pouting bottom lip and all. Hopefully that would be enough to convince her to erect one of those succulent, fried eggwiches that he was oh so fond of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom