Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemlock Karrde

004TPS_Will_Patton_009.jpg

Father.

Such a pragmatist, yet ultimately weak.

He enables mother and her desires far too much. Some call it romance; I call it foolishness. If you were to ask one of his many underlings at his Fortune 500 company, you'd get a parrot chorus of descriptive words about my father, such as fair, just, inventive, good-hearted, funny, kind, etc. Yet, I know the truth. Father has learned to use virtue and goodness as a front, as most charmers do. He has poised himself publicly to be a front for good when most of his success lies in his pursuits when few are watching. It is ironic how one, who so believes that he has everyone wrapped around his finger, does not realize how ensnared he is by Mother. Well, everyone has an Archon's Heel in one way or another.

7f47aa1c482b97376ace1aac466420aa.jpg

Mother.

Ever worried about self-image.

She's responsible for my life-long predicament. Everything must fit properly in her OCD-filled vision of ideal living. The key difference between her and a normal "clean freak" is that she is a practiced noble; a natural borne diplomat who knows how to phrase almost everything to make you feel like you should want to do things her way, as though every little flaw she desires to change is a perfectly natural thing anyone should wish to change. I've seen her other side, however: her neuroticism. Beneath the calm, beautified exterior, she is a desperate, craven creature. Being the strong-willed person that I am, I've pushed past the exterior and exposed her true, shrieking self. Yet, this has only ever happened in private with mother. She is far too clever to allow me to bait her into revealing her true nature to Father and Brother, let alone the public...

91bc223e5f68f1d6f459aaf1f6a1822f_225X300_1.jpg

Brother.

What a sneaky fiend.

Always the catalyst; the fulcrum for my misfortune. My younger brother has a far fresher, charming and welcoming demeanor than myself, as would naturally be expected of one whose features are unmarred by cybernetics and cynicism. That's why he is their preferred heir. If you thought that your parents asking you repeatedly, "Why can't you be more like your brother?" was the most frustrating thing to experience in a dysfunctional family, you'd be wrong. There are few things that my brother and I agree on, which makes it all the more frustrating when he tries to, as he puts it, "Help a bro out and show me a better way".

Then, there's myself. I need no introduction, for you've probably already heard of me. My name is Hemlock Karrde, but you can call me Master Karrde. All of my family's servants do so and I don't know you, so you can start there. I am in need of independence; I crave it so. My parents indulge me only to keep me occupied and "happy". I'm certain they're plotting something behind my back and I wouldn't be surprised if my younger brother were to be barely crafty enough to be in on it. Why else would he go out of his way many times to treat me with a nice attitude on top of the academic workload his goody two shoes have landed them self in?

Surely, my family is playing a long con, but to call them out now would be hasty and have potentially nasty lashback. It's far better to bide my time and enjoy it on my family's dime while I slowly consolidate my power base...Slow being the operative term.

NAME: Hemlock Karrde

FACTION: None

SPECIES: "Star Wars is filled with many different species, so choose wisely."

Hundreds of species, still picks Human.

SEX: Male

HEIGHT: 5'10"

WEIGHT: 150 lb

EYES: N/A

HAIR: Dark Brown

SKIN: White

FORCE SENSITIVE: Undetermined

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (Required: 2 Weaknesses Minimum) :

+Scrapper: Whether socially or physically, Hemlock will fight dirty and viciously, doing whatever it takes to win, if possible.

+Rich and Connected: Hemlock was born rich and will probably die rich. He knows how to play The Game and plans on learning more and more for his dreams are big.

-Small: Although he'll certainly try to gouge eyes out and claw faces if worst comes to worst, Hemlock is a poor fighter due to his stature and background. He would mostly have to rely on bigger and badder henchmen in situations requiring muscle and intimidation.

-Subpar cybernetics: Having foolishly incurred the injuries to his arm and face through his own actions, his family only paid for basic cybernetics at the hospital when he had to go into emergency surgery. Since the best cybernetics are costly and his parents purposefully won't afford him enough allowance to buy the best cybernetics on the market, his ego and pride have resolved to simply grow stronger by dealing with it and saving up for the best possible cybernetics in the future; possibly even with some, shall we say, illegal modifications that he wouldn't want his family to know about.

BIOGRAPHY:

Hemlock is not your average rich kid. At a young age, when he was an only child, he was spoiled. Despite having some psychological behavior issues, his family was grooming him to be the progeny they desired. However, when he got older and more rebellious and his brother soon came along, their hopes for the ideal son were renewed and their focus shifted off of Hemlock. They stopped spoiling him (mostly) and gave far more interest to the younger of the two. His heart became hardened from reality and he was forced to grow up faster as his parents' real personalities became less veiled and more apparent towards him.

They fought and argued plenty of times until they just learned to mostly leave each other alone. They gave him money and Hemlock made himself scarce from them, which was a-okay to Mother and Father. When Hemlock was 21, he went out to go drinking with his rich friends. Instead of going to the high class, snobby bars they usually frequented, they decided to be more adventurous. They decided to go to the best bar in the Red Light District. Rumor had it that an infamous crime lord owned the place, but that was just a rumor to attract customers, probably.

He learned a very dire and important lesson that night: if you mess with the bull, you get the horns. No one was scared of the entitlement of rich kids, so it didn't work out when they tried to pick a fight with ugly, thuggish aliens. These particular aliens were bloodthirsty and what happened next in the alleyway outside the club was something out of a horror flick. His parents, enraged that their son had gone and risked their family name in some hoopla, only paid enough for basic cybernetic replacements: a lesson for him to carry around for a long time.

SHIP:

KILLS:

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom