Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helping Out (Zemen Selah)

If any day could be normal for twins in the Red Ravens, this would be one of them. Coruscant's lower streets weren't so bad in the daytime. The same couldn't be said at night, though. Leo and Luna were walking side-by-side as they would anywhere else, but they were being a little more careful. Both were wearing their hair up and covering it with hats. Ever since their escape from Corellia's most infamous asylum they were having to lay low. Their bright fiery red hair was the most obvious giveaway. As they walked, they noticed a bit of commotion going on in front of them. What was going on?​
[member="Zemen Selah"]​

"One of these days you're gonna learn!" A man yelled as he stomped his foot on Zemen. Laying on the ground body covered in bruises and scars Zemen's shirtless form lay still. "We warned you twice not to sell on our turf! This is your final warning. Next time we catch you, it will be the last time." The man said leaning down and drawing a blaster pistol. He lifted Zemen by his chin with it forcing the brown skinned man to look him in the eyes. "Do you understand?" He asked finally before switching to grab Zemen by his long red hair. "Huh?"

Anger and hate was apparent on Zemen's face as he stared at the man. His jaw clenched so tightly that his teeth began to hurt. Spitting at the man a large glob of blood painted his face and landed in his eyes. "Arghh!" He yelled letting Zemen's head go. Pushing his arms beneath him Zemen pushed himself to his feet and dashed off being followed by two of the mens henchman but they couldn't keep up with Zemen. He had spent so much time on the run that it had begun what he did best. The crowd that had gathered to watch the punishment jeered as they watched Zemen run. Running straight Zemen passed what appeared to be a man and women who looked very similar his eyes meeting theirs before he continued past the henchmen trailing behind. Sweat peppered Zemen's forehead as he ran jumping over vender and vaulting over speeders. Looking back he thought he was home free seeing as the henchman had fell so far behind.

All of a sudden a speeder flew out of a alley and hit Zemen with enough force to send the young man to the ground with a grunt of pain. Heart pounding heavily he looked up as the passengers exited the vehicle blasters in their hand. Scampering backwards across the ground Zemen found himself with his back to the wall. "Should've just took the warning. Now there are no more chances." The man Zemen had spit at said as he raised his hand signaling for his henchmen to fire. They all raised their blasters taking aim at Zemen. Leaning against the wall Zemen chuckled as he slid a deathstick between his lips and lit it.

"If this is the way it's supposed to go it will. The force works in mysterious ways." He said laughing and poking fun of what all his teachers kept telling him when he lived at the jedi academy. Blowing out a wave of smoke he smiled. "So pull the trigger."

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Luna was the first one to meet the man's gaze as he flew past them. A strange light violet she had never seen before. She turned to Leo as dangerous-looking men chased after. Her expression clearly stated what she wanted to do.​
Leo wasn't as eager, however.​
"Don't give me that look. We're wanted, Luna. If we draw any kind of attention to ourselves-"
Luna was already running in the direction of the chase. Sighing, Leo followed her. When his sister made up her mind, it was like talking to a brick wall.​
She made the the first move. A blast of Force energy sent the men with weapons flying across the street. As they scrambled to get back up, Leo moved in. He wasn't trained in Force techniques, but he knew that he could hurt them. After all, he had a gift with Water Shaping.​
Luna came up to the injured man from before. She knelt down next to him, looking over his wounds. Before he could object to it, she placed both of her hands on his chest. They began to glow a soft golden color. Soon, his cuts and bruises would begin to vanish as if they were never there.​
[member="Zemen Selah"]​

Zemen was more then ready to face his death the only regret that he never got to meet the father that had pawned him off to the jedi. Ashes fell from the end of the deathstick at the same time the men were all blasted by a invisible force and sent flying. Jaw dropping open the deathstick almost fell from Zemen's lips as he caught a glimpse of his saviors. One of them rushing forward and putting their hands on his chest. He almost backed away but decided better as he felt a soothing warmth emit from her hands and saw some of his wounds beginning to close. Looking up into her violet eyes with his own Zemen opened his mouth. "Thanks for the help, but you have no idea what you've just done." Zemen said lifting his hand and putting it upon her arm signaling for her to stop. He was no stranger to pain which was apparent by all the scars that adorned his upper body. "We have to get off the streets before more show up."

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Leo was in a bit of a pinch at the moment. He had been using the water from puddles on the ground, knocking them down or out and keeping their blasters out of their hands. But they just kept getting up! What was worse was that they had started pulling out knives and chains, gradually working their way closer to him.​
"Uh, Luna?? Please tell me you're ready to move!"
Luna glanced in her brother's direction. The hat that had been loosely sitting on her head thanks to all the running fell to the ground. Her hair tumbled down over her shoulders like a cascade of flames. She knew that this would most likely mean the man in front of her would recognize her. She stood up, her blue-violet eyes locking on Leo's surrounded form. She reached out with the Force to respond.​
"We're ready, Leo. Let's get out of here."
[member="Zemen Selah"]

Seeing how the other man was having trouble Zemen ran forward picking up the nearest blaster pistol and began to shoot at some of the men that were down, but not to kill them. Only make them flee, Zemen didn't want to risk gaining a bounty on his head but with what these two had just done he was sure it wouldn't matter now. Seeing the long red hair the women had he was quite impressed considering it was close to length with his. "This way." He yelled to the two waving for them to follow him where he would lead them into a nearby alley and only be guided by the light his deathstick cast off. Though Zemen knew these alleys like the back of his hand, and considering how agile he was he had to keep his pace to a minimum so the other two could keep up. DArting left and then right he'd lead them to what looked like a dead end except for a old rust durasteel door. Walking up to it Zemen typed in the code causing the door to slide open with a snap hiss. "Get in." He would say to the two before following them in and closing the door. Inside they would find a small studio that had a simple bed in the corner no windows and trinkets all over the place that looked as though they had been collected off the street. There was a small circular table in the middle of the room but on it was a pile of spice and a scale to weigh it. "Oh sorry about that." Zemen said running over to the spice and scooping it into a bag and placing it in a cabinet.

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Leo made sure he went in before his sister, being the protective brother that he was. It was an interesting little place. Until he saw the spice on the table. He glanced at Luna. She was looking around at all the little trinkets that covered the room. He noticed that her hair was plainly showing.​
"Luna, what happened to your hat? If anyone out there recognized you, they'll be looking for us all over again."
Luna looked back at him, and shrugged. With what just happened, it didn't really matter whether they were recognized or not. Those men would be after them anyway. Sighing, Leo took off his hat as well. His hair was the exact same shade of red as hers, only a bit shorter in length. He too began looking at all of the little things scattered around the room.​
"So, I take it you live here?"
[member="Zemen Selah"]

Listening to the two as the boy talked to the girl Zemen took a seat at the table propping his feet up on it and lighting another deathstick and taking a large inhale before blowing out a large amount of smoke through his nose and mouth. " Yea no place better than home sweet home. I've been living here for at least ten years. If you want there's a refresher to the left." Zemen said picking up a datapad off his table and began to go through it but his eyes still sat upon the two their bright red hair slightly distracting, But Zemen couldn't complain to much due to him having red hair though his was closer to a scarlet. "So what brings you two down to this cesspit. Neither of you belong here. Even I can tell that. No one just jumps into problems like that down here." He stated typing away at his datapad trying to look up the two and since they had unintentionally gave him the girls name it was all to easy to find them. Reading through the article Zemen suppressed his surprise seeing as how the two had escaped from a mental asylum. But from what he could tell they were no threat to him... Yet.

[member="Leo & Luna"]

The two exchanged a look between each other. Should they really tell this guy anything? They had absolutely no idea who he was, and now that he'd seen them, for all they knew he would go out and turn them in for the credits. The Red Ravens had given them a home. A safety that they hadn't felt their whole lives. But would their comrades really be able to get them out of being returned to that place?​
Leo refused to let that happen. They weren't going to go back to the asylum. Not after what the "doctors" had tried to do to them. He cleared his throat a little.​
"We were here to run some errands. When we saw what was going on, we thought we could help..."
[member="Zemen Selah"]

As the lie left the man's lips Zemen didn't call them out on it. He saw they were worth quite a few credits but he wouldn't turn them in. Not after what they had just done for him. Taking another huff he stared them down before shrugging his shoulders. "Well you might as well cancel those errands, you won't be able to even survive ten minutes in the streets after what you've done. Don't get me wrong, I'm more then grateful for both of your help. You did however just make yourself enemies of the local syndicate. They make all their money from underground operations and selling spice. As a matter of fact." Zemen said reaching into his pocket he pulled out a pouch of credits from his latest sells and tossed it to Luna.

"Theres your payment for helping me, but I have one more favor to ask. Do you have a way to get off this planet, and if so may I accompany you?

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Luna caught the credits with a look of genuine surprise. He was paying them? They hardly needed his money. They wouldn't take it if he needed it, either. She held it out to hm, shaking her head to make her point. Leo thought about the man's question for a moment. Allowing him to travel with them might prove dangerous. At any given moment, he could attack them or sell them out. But they had just saved him. It would be pointless for him to do anything to them if he needed them for a way off-planet.​
"Yeah, we have a way off. But how do we know we can trust you?"
Luna looked at her brother, a little bit annoyed. If the guy had wanted to hurt them, he would've done it a while ago. Why did Leo have to be like that all the time?​
[member="Zemen Selah"]​

Zemen saw Luna shake her head trying to decline the credits he had given them but he smiled shaking his head as well. "Those credits are my way of showing thanks, I don't need them at the moment." He assured the two till Leo asked who could they trust him.

"Well my friend you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest and do what they have to do to survive. While a trustworthy person will blindside you everytime. In other words what I'm saying is that you know I will do what is in my best interest to survive. Plus I owe you two for what you did for me." Zemen said before the sounds of heavy footsteps could be heard outside running back and forth. "That's probably the syndicate looking for us. Tell me your decision. Will you both help me? Please?" He asked Luna walking up and cupping her hands and putting on a hurt look in his eyes. "I can't stay on this planet anymore, if I do I may die."

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Luna's eyes darted to his hands, and then to his eyes, and then to his hands, and then to his eyes again. Her cheeks had turned a little bit pink. Leo looked at the two of them with a suddenly suspicous expression. Casually, he grabbed the back of his sister's shirt and pulled her back a bit, making sure that her hands had slid out of the man's.​
"Okay then. We'll help you."
[member="Zemen Selah"]

Zemen's goal had been accomplished and it had been apparent from the look that Leo and Luna gave him. While Luna's cheeks had flushed Zemen had kept his eyes on Leo as well and saw the expression on his face. "Thank you both for your help, without yo-" Before Zemen could finish speaking there came a loud booming from the door.

"We know you're in there Zemen. Get out here!" Looking past the two Zemen heard the sounds of the Durasttel door being burned. The Syndicate were going to burn it off. Running to his bed he grabbed the underside easily flipping it over and revealing a large gaping hole that had a metal ladder which obviously led down into the sewers of the undercity.

"Get in." He said to the two giving them a chance to escape first. The sound of the metal being burnt filled Zemen's ears. Running to the cabinet he reached for the spice but shook his head. This was going to be a new start for him so instead of taking it with him Zemen began dumping every ounce of spice he had out onto the ground in the room and went to the hole before pulling the deathstick out of his mouth and flicking it into the room where once it met the spice created a fire that quickly began to engulf the room. Sliding down the ladder he would meet up with the two. "Does that prove you two can trust me? Plus I have nothing to go back to now." Zemen admitted looking back up the ladder towards his now burning home.

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Leo hopped down first, helping Luna climb down after him. When Zemen came down, they could smell the smoke, and see some of it filtering into the tunnel.​
"Point taken. Which way do we go? I'm Leo, by the way."
He looked around, squinting in the jet blackness of the tunnel around them. They'd have to keep moving if they didn't want to be caught.​
[member="Zemen Selah"]​

"I'm Zemen local street rat and former spice dealer. Nice to meet you. Now that introductions are done we go this way." He said leading them down the walkway where water flowed freely on both sides of them the stench of decaying corpses and other things could be easily smelled even past the smoke from Zemen's burning home. "So why do you never speak Luna?" Zemen asked as he led them straight before them came to a stop at where the sewer water met and the only way across was by jumping. Taking a few steps back Zemen would then run forward jumping over the water and landing on the other side. Turning back and looking past the other two he saw the embers from the fire lighting up the sewer which allowed him to see the Syndicate henchmen that made their way down the ladder and raised their rifles.

"We got you now." One said as he leveled the rifle and began firing red bolts flying past Zemen, Leo and Luna.

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Luna couldn't exactly respond to the question, so Leo responded for her.​
"She was born this way. Our family didn't take it well..."
No, they most certainly DID NOT. If anything, they despised her for her unintentional silence. Their conversation was cut short when shots began firing in their direction. The twins were quick to follow Zemen, jumping over to him and sprinting through the darkness.​
[member="Zemen Selah"]​

As both jumped over Zemen turned drawing his blaster pistol and got down onto a knee taking aim at the attackers taking a few potshots to scare them off before he turned running after the pair easily catching up. "Come on this is the way to the spaceport." Zemen said taking the lead and running for the nearest ladder and climbing up it without any problems. Pushing it open he'd be welcomed by not just one blaster rifle but ten of them.

Before Zemen could react he was grabbed by a pair of hands that snatched him out of the sewer. "Run!" He yelled down at the twins as he was quickly put into a hold rifles focused on him. A few of the men even started to descend the ladder heading for the twins.

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Leo and Luna went into defense mode. Summoning the water from the two small gutters around them, Leo sent two powerful jet-streams at the legs of the men descending. As the lost their grips and fell to the floor, Luna took the opportunity and climbed up. She sprinted after Zemen's captors, using the Force to reach them even faster.​
[member="Zemen Selah"]​

It really seemed like those two didn't know what the definition of escape, because even from above Zemen could hear the sound of water and then the sounds of two solid thumps. Struggling against the one that kept him in a hold Zemen bent forward before lashing his head back and hitting the man dead on his nose. Finally free he quickly turned and used the mans body as a shield from the blaster bolts that were being shot at him. Dragging the corpse filled with burning holes he'd make his way to the sewer. "Both of you come on the spaceport is close." Zemen yelled down his arms tiring from carrying the corpse.

[member="Leo & Luna"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom