Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Needed!

Hello there, people!

I'm currently working on a big project, and I was wondering if some of you might help me out and suggest good names for landmarks, cities/towns, ports, etc. If you're not good with names, then ideas like "Zabrak Settlement" or "Ruinous City" would be equally welcome!

I don't expect many replies, it's just difficult coming up with vast quantities of ideas >~<;'

[member="Kobe Seren"]

If you want someone to help with the Dev thread it's basically what the Fleet does. Just throw us a bone like settlement for us or some unique resource. We take creds or holocorns as well :p

Ya know.. I hope ya don't mind but I decided to try and help a bit with a possible landark here, and yea.. sorta love the gladiator movie.

anyway, its up to you. :)

[member="Kobe Seren"]

[member="Kobe Seren"]

Ok: some names just pulled from my head here -

Landmarks:
Ridge Rock
Eclipse Mountain
Waterfall of Lost Tears
The Phantom Plains

Cities:
Alinoil
Maquater
Renru
Tinley Du

Ports:
Jambaya Port
Melee Port
Port d'Antreyu

Happy to help more if needed - what's the project?!

[member="Kobe Seren"]

There's a group of people interested in coming up with place names, and they actually have a resource link page for that here that has some decent name generators. Some of them seemed particularly tailored for certain settings, but I find the rinkworks.com old latin place name generator to be the most useful for Star Wars. To me, the names seem familiar enough to be believeable, but not familiar enough to have any preconceived notions about them.

[member="Kobe Seren"], Made a few planets and places in my time. If you would like any help, I can see what I can do. Just ask away. I'm sure everybody here would be willing to help.

[member="Mallory Pryde"], It's not hard for myself to come up with good names or whatever. It's actually rather easy. I have like an entire list of names for characters, places or even items that I could use on a word doc that's like 4 pages long. If I come up with something, I just add it on so I don't forget it.

As for Connor, I am sure he just pulls them out of his ass.

:p wuv u bro! [member="Connor Harrison"]

[member="Kobe Seren"]

If you're cool with me leaving for basic training on April 8 and not being able to reply until mid August-early September, I can work with you and do a long term story. I've been needing to have an active typist other than her trainer thread with K'sara.

Blinks once.

Blinks twice.

Wow. Lots of interest.

If you want to see the progress so far, here are the links

Initial Plans: http://i.imgur.com/ShOIfL9.jpg

Land Establishment (dw the colours are for my own purposes, not the final product): http://i.imgur.com/CPaUjNE.jpg

In the one with colour, green = fertile land, orange = desert (notice how these two are broken by a mountain range, hence the close proximity), blue = tundra and the little bit of red is a lava pool/volcanic mountain range.

The idea is that green = 1 kingdom, orange (+red) = another, and blue = another.

The larger writing is the name of the lands within the Kingdoms, while the smaller is more specific landmarks (eg, mountains)

EDIT:

Here's the second map without the glaring colours: http://i.imgur.com/FWcubsD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom