Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello. It's Me.

Katarn Homestead
Sulon

Friends...

Marcello honestly did not have many. In fact, he wasn't even sure if [member="Avalore Eden"] really considered him more than an intriguing acquaintance. Their interactions in the past had always been either amidst the rolling onslaught of destruction provided by the early incarnations of the One Sith or a gathering of Jedi devolving into... Well. Marcello didn't even know, he never actually participated in the conversations.

The Advanced N-1T darted across the atmosphere of Sulon. It was daylight on this particular side of the moon, and the Rogue found the sprawling fields and forests below appealing. It was the type of environment that reminded him of his home. In the back of his mind, Marcello reminded himself that he'd promised a certain someone he would return to tie up his affairs on Naboo.

However, for the time being, he was determined to enjoy a modicum of time off. Banking the vessel sharply to the right, Marcello's glacier-blue gaze fell upon the sprawling Katarn Homestead in the distance. As a small smile touched his lips, Marcello leveled out the vessel and began a gradual descent towards the surface.

Cognizant of the fact that this was someone's home, the spacer piloted the nimble interceptor with care. In fact it was almost boring. Approaching from the south side of the estate over a large canyon, Marcello traded horizontal thrust from the sublight bank for vertical thrust from the smaller repulsors to minimize the noise disruption to those inside the homestead. In a manner of minuted, the dark blue N-1T nestled softly into the grass a couple hundred yards from the edge of the sprawling estate. "R8, finish the post-flight for me buddy, then take a break."

R8 made a series of beeps indicating his moderate displeasure, mostly to irritate Marcello.

Marcello rolled his eyes as he opened the canopy. "Oh stop complaining. You've been shut down in droid dreamland for like the entire flight." Removing his helmet, Marcello stood and then placed the helmet on his seat. Leaping down from the cockpit, the Rogue landed softly as he turned his gaze in the direction of the Katarn Homestead. After adjusting his jacket, Marcello began making his way forward as a soft breeze caught strands of his long hair ever so slightly.

The Homestead was quiet today. Gabriel was off working in the local town and, with luck, trading some produce in for some much-needed supplies. Vaet had returned to Sullust to help take care of some things in the Order. Spark...well, Avalore never knew where that girl was - she always seemed to appear unexpectedly. Stali was away on another mission and would be for the foreseeable two weeks. Avalore had resigned herself to spending that time alone with the twins and tending to Talon's seed in the garden, so when a missive from an old familiar blinked in her inbox days ago she happily accepted the prospect of a visit.

Midmorning now, the Healer was out in the garden pulling weeds with Armaud and Destin in a playpen on the grass nearby. It was one of those rare days where Destin managed to wake up with a smile and maintained it. Curious, Avalore had thought to herself over breakfast, that those days only seemed to occur when the house was empty of male entities. Seemed the tiny green baby disliked competition for attention. Armaud was cherubic as ever, plump cheeks rosy from the sun. They were nine months old now and she could hardly believe how quickly the time had passed by. Dusting off her hands she took a break from the strawberry patch to check in on the boys, finding Armaud's cotton sunhat off in the grass. Destin had likely taken it off.

A sigh, a smile, she reached in to replace the hat, smoothing the strap under Armaud's chin just as the sounds of an approaching ship echoed in from the hillside.

"Dick," the Healer called over to the patio, "will you watch the boys a moment while I see who's here?"

"Certainly, Master Eden. Am I to stop the Little Masters from eating dirt as per usual?" the rusted D3P0 droid hobbled out into the grass.

"That would be prudent," Avalore answered, "oh...no-no-no-no Destin, leave your brother's hat alone..."

Destin burbled with mischievous humor, yanking Armaud's hat down over his face with a giggle. She sighed and looked to Dick, "Could you set up their umbrella? Destin is determined to give his brother sunburn....just because you're green doesn't mean it's ok, Des. Pfft." She pinched the Mirialan's cheek, his churbling growing a broad grin on her face, "but I do love it when you smile." Sigh.

Right, company. She ducked out from beneath the arms of the umbrella, flicking hair from her face, and turned to follow the path out of the garden towards the sounds of slowly dying engines. Brown eyes alighted upon the figure of [member="Marcello Matteo"] in approach and her smile broadened. Years ago she might've run to greet him; today she waited with arms crossed casually at her front.

"You're late," the Healer intoned over a smirk that she couldn't hide. It split into a toothy grin moments later, "but I forgive you."

Marcello's expression brightened as [member="Avalore Eden"] came into view. What followed was perhaps a bit uncharacteristic of him in the past, but he wasn't terribly concerned. The Rogue Master had always felt an ability to be relaxed around Avalore...even if the opportunities in the past had been limited. In fact the only other person that boasted such an effect was Kiskla.

In a flurry of movement, Marcello closed the distance between himself in Ava in but a blur. Similar to the manner in which he'd greeted her after her recovery from Sith captivity, the large Naboo native seized Avalore by the waist just as his body came to a halt. Extending his arms, he lifted her high into the air and spun her around a couple times before lowering her back into his arms for a fierce hug.

Eventually, he released his hold of the woman and smiled down at her. "I like to make an entrance, but I mean if you really need me to make it up to you..."

Marcello got jokes.

"Oh!"

High-pitched noises and laughter sounded from the Healer as she was twirled around and hugged. Avalore had the curious sensation of being a doll in the way with which he effortlessly picked her up and the strength with which his hug ensnared her. He'd managed to squeeze the air right out of her lungs. When finally released she needed a moment to collect herself.

Hand braced against the man's abdomen a breathless chuckle escaped her lips, "Do you greet everyone like that or just the meek little Healers?"

Avalore remembered that day - her first sighting of the man following her rescue from the Sith. His greeting then had been intense as well, but in a different way. She'd been fragile at the time, physically, mentally, emotionally, and he'd taken care then. Not this time, apparently.

"What else you going to do to make it up to me? Dance?"

[member="Marcello Matteo"]

Marcello allowed a broad, roguish grin to slip across his features at [member="Avalore Eden"]'s first question. "Just my favorites, Ava." For a brief moment, Marcello's glacier-blue gaze drifted upwards from Avalore's face. He took in the sight of the estate once more before returning his attention to the Healer.

Laughing softly, Marcello shrugged innocently. "Oh I'm quite certain that's a surprise. When the time is right, however, I will certainly aim to please." An equally innocent wink followed the statement as Marcello offered the woman his arm. "First things first...give the grand tour! You've clearly traded up. How have you been anyways?"

"Hmmm," a warm, laughing smile that pushed her cheeks up into her eyes to form lines at their edges, "yeah I guess I have."

She'd been living at the Ossus temple last they spoke and they both knew that Jedi Temples were not exactly the lap of luxury. Admittedly the Katarn Homestead didn't exactly scream Jedi in any way. The luxuries afforded here were distinctly un-Jedi-like in so many ways, however, Avalore liked to believe their utilitarian lifestyle afforded them some respect.

Gabe wasn't a Jedi, after all, and she? Well, she was a Corellian Jedi.

Jedi Lite, as some liked to call them; same amount of guilt and responsibilities, half the rules.

Avalore took his arm, ever the admirer of his brawn, and walked him up the path that lead into the garden through the hedge row and tree line, "I'm ... healing," she replied, "in every way possible."

The churbling of the twins could be heard by now as well as the droning of Dick's voice as he insisted in the only way protocol droids could that Young Master Devin discontinue the destruction of his brother's hat. The playpen settled beneath the overreaching patio umbrella came into view at the center of the grassy knoll within a grove of Ankarres and Force Sensitive Trees. Avalore walked Marcello over, ducking through tree branches that tingled when they brushed against skin.

"Master Eden, I am afraid Young Master Destin has destroyed his brother's hat. There was no reasoning with him," D3PO stepped over and held out the torn hat, "he's very pompous you know."

"He's also just a baby, Dick," Avalore released Marcello's arm to take the hat, frowning as she held it up to inspect, "I just sewed this back together the other day...Dick, this is Jedi Master Matteo."

"Another beggar?" Dick queried, jerking to look upwards at Marcello, "He's much larger than the last one."

"You'll have to excuse Dick," Avalore leaned to speak aside to her companion, "he's a refurbishing project and some of his protocol systems are damaged. Yes, Dick, they grow with every rank."

"Fascinating. Perhaps there is hope for Little Master Vaet yet."

"Uhm," Avalore covered a smirk with a hand, "Dick would you go and get the twins lunch ready. The portions are in the fridge."

"Are you giving me permission to walk on the kitchen tiles, Master Eden?"

"Yes. Yes I am."

"I shall endeavor to enjoy every step."

She watched him walk off along the cobble path and disappear through the hedgerow on the other side, eyes twinkling with equal parts mischief and wariness. Gabe had strictly forbidden Dick from walking on the tiled kitchen floors after the droid scuffed and cracked three of them. Oh but what were a few broken tiles compare to several broken bones? The Healer gently cleared her throat at a sudden chirruping laugh from one of the babies.

"Ahm....," an apologetic smile to Marcello as she stepped over to the playpen, "these are my sons; Armaud and Destin."

[member="Marcello Matteo"]

As they proceeded up the path, Marcello allowed his glacier-colored gaze to continue to roam the surroundings. Avalore's melodic voice never drifted from the Rogue's awareness, however. Turning back to face [member="Avalore Eden"], Marcello nodded with an easy smile. "That's good to hear. Force knows you've more than earned at least a bit of tranquility in your life." Allowing his smile to broaden ever so slightly, Marcello raised his free hand and motioned with his index and thumb close to each other. "Just a bit, though."

The sounds of children distracted the Naboo native momentarily. Before they'd even been presented with the sight of the protocol droid, Marcello found a curiosity touching his mind about the child that Avalore gave birth to during the Sith's invasion of Coruscant. When D3PO did make himself known, Marcello gazed down at the protocol droid, clasping his hands behind his back out of habit once Avalore released his arm.

When Dick referred to Marcello as a beggar, however, the Rogue Master allowed a very broad grin to touch his lips. The facial expression was obviously sincere. Droids always did amuse the Naboo native. Chuckling lightly at Avalore's comment, Marcello nodded his head slightly.

Once the protocol droid had departed, Marcello shifted his gaze to the children obviously content in their playpen. "More children? I wasn't even invited to the shower." Naturally, Marcello could tell they weren't likely her biological children. Kneeling beside the playpen, the Rogue Master gazed at both of the children with a warm smile. With a casual motion of a finger, Marcello levitated both the children into the air briefly before ensuring they settled safely back into the playpen. "Hey guys."

Best kept secret, Marcello actually adored children. It was an adoration, however, that only manifested in their presence. Standing once more, Marcello pulled a couple strands of long blonde hair from in front of his eyes, tucking them behind his ear. "You seem very happy, Avalore. It's always refreshing to be in the presence of genuinely happy people."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom