Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello and need help

Hello, my name is Thomas James O'Malley, but ive always gone by Jay

Im a passionate sci fi fan and writer, so im very exicted to see an active roleplay community such as this
to give a little background i was active in another community a few years ago but have since not had accsess to internet untill a week ago. It seems tho that the website has died off and i see some familiar names here, so i am eager to participate with a more active community.

i will admit im not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to computers, so this website seems a little more complex then what im used to, so im posting here to see if my issues are easily solvable, heres what i know

To post this website requires a writers account with character sub accounts
TJOMalley
-Vishk Tarron
-other character
-other character

Whats the easiest way to determine which profile or account you are writing with? and how to go back and forth between them
also, I have updated my writers account as much as possible with more edits later, but i would like to focus on setting up my character account but i see no available edit options when i access my character, how am i supposed to correctly go about this?

Any help would be appreciated -Jay

@[member='TJ.O'Malley']

tumblr_m4abv9CuB11r9vi6po1_r1_250.gif
I have been waiting my whole life for this moment....​
On a serious note, welcome to Chaos!

Regarding sub-accounts:

- Your Writer Account can be used for a Character. It is simply your main account. You're also able to keep it as an OOC (out of character) account.

- In order to create a new character account, you must go to your profile, then:

- Press 'Characters;
- On the left, hit "Add Subaccount"
- Write the name you wish to use; spaces are permitted.
- Hit add.

To move between subaccounts, once you have added a new sub account the following will appear atop your page:

cJFveY.jpg

Hit that drop down box, select the name of the account you wish to be using, and everything you see or post will be related to that character :)

For your Character's Profile, in order to edit things you must also go to your character profile ( for you that's this link: http://starwarsrp.net/user/15211-tjomalley/) and hit Edit My Profile.

What you do then depends on what you're wanting to edit. You can give yourself rank titles (such as the Apprentice one beneath my avatar), a member title (where mine says Voidwalker) and add a link to your character's biography once you make one.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Welcome again.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION:

To edit the profile of a sub account, you need to go to THAT sub account's profile and hit Edit My Profile. :)

Welcome to the Chaos, Jay. As you may gather from the name on my writer profile, it is not my real name. What I and many others do is create our main character as the writer profile. Making a profile as you did is not wrong by any means, just isnt required. The writer profile is to help moderators and admins know how many unique members are on the board and if need be (though rather rare here) instate and enforce a ban. Also it cuts down on the need for members to have multiple emails, remember multiple passwords, and logout/back in just to change characters as your character accounts are tied to the main writer account. I may be off on the bit about enfocing bans, that is based on my understanding of the system used and could be miles off.

Now for the easy question. When you sign into the site, if you have multiple accounts you will see a drop down menu to the right of the bell shaped Notification icon. Click on the drop down menu, select the character you wish to use for the post, then go to town.

Have fun.

This site is turning out to be ten times more efficent as a roleplaying community. Madam Hex and Mister Bloodborne, you have been a tremendous help to me already, hopefully we can create awesome and beautiful stories

ahh yes, Master Darkhold it is indeed, I, Vishk Tarron your former apprentice now turned fugitive, how have you been?

[member="TJ.O'Malley"]

How have I been?

Well, I will try to make this story short. In near death I had failed a Dark Transfer into a woman’s body and had lost my memories. After eighteen years, I have not only reclaimed my memories but I have down loaded my conscious into a clone body of one of my previous lives.

That is a short version…

Interesting, if i recall correctly, after your command in the Sith Imperial Alliance, Vishk recieved word of his brothers death and became rouge. Infiltrating the jedi and helping cause the civil war between them, he became a fugitive from both sides. hes now in cryostasis with his memory wiped on board a ship set to another galaxy to be awakened pending my first RP here

[member="TJ.O'Malley"]

Do keep in mind you do not have to carry everything over from that other board. Many of the familiar faces here have not or altered their story arches. I even had to move some of Garith’s history around to fit an actually time line. That is while still keeping story lines of other characters (PCS) he has met.

For an example, before on the other board there was no time line. So in order for a character to have been alive during the time when the Kashi home planet was originally destroyed that would make then over 25,000 years old.

So talk to other people your character might know. Ask them in a PM if Vishk can still know them.

You may if you want keep Garith and Vishk past. Though in the story time line it has been a long time since Garith has openly supported the Sith or the Imperial faction under the name of Garith Darkhold.

So i just did an unintentional post as my writer account for a character post, is there a way to change the account and keep the post or would i have to delete (edit delete text in post instead of deleting the actual post, unless theres a way to delete the post from my side) the post and post again as character, any suggestions for future reference?

Also i was going to make a ship but i wanted to make sure that i wouldnt be crossing lines. Its a star trek ship (blasphemy!) but i was going to star wars convert it and give if differnt stuff, is there any rule against that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom