Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Healing Wounds : Hapes

Washing his hands in warm water and then pouring alcohol to sterilize them, Inigo wiped the residue on a dry white hospital towel before taking a break. The ward had been busy, the flow of patients during the domination left the staff short handed, and after assuring them he knew what he was doing, they reluctantly allowed him to help.

Most of the adult patients were afraid he would hurt them more, so he worked on those who were either unconscious or too stunned to care. But it was the children where he had the most success, singing simple nursery songs to them seemed to make the nightmares go away. Taking his sitar, he plucked a few strings as he thought to himself, why was so much destruction and pain necessary in the first place.

Doctor

He's who now?
The Doctor heard the sound of a familiar nursery song, one he had heard many times growing up on Alderaan. He leaned in through the doorway, curious. There he saw a black-haired man singing to a child. "You have a lovely voice, my friend," said the Doctor.

Tucking the blanket under the arms of the sleeping child, he smiled and put his sitar down on the table. Turning to the speaker, he said, "Thank you. It is my small gift. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. How do you do?"

Doctor

He's who now?
"Very good, and you?" he said, holding out his hand for Inigo to shake. "I'm Jaren Lyons, by the way, but people generally just call me, 'Doctor.'"

Taking the man's hand in his, he shook it with a firm but callused grip. The ridges on his fingers were the product of twenty years of practicing with the light saber, a stark comparison to other men's normally soft hands.

"Well as you can see, my patients seem to be recovering quite nicely. Although as one medical professional to another, I think its the gelatine more than anything I ever did." Pausing to consider his next question, "If I may be so bold as to ask, what is your speciality, Doctor Lyons?"

Doctor

He's who now?
"Well," the Doctor began, "I was going to be a normal Doctor, like you're doing now. Then I got drafted into the military as a medic, and I had enough of wounds and blood and the like for a while, so I became a professor at the Coruscant University. I teach Quantum and Temporal Mechanics." He ran a hand through his brown hair. "What about you? What do you do for a living?"

"I am Jedi Padawan, although not a very experienced one I'm afraid. I was part of the protection detail when hostilities suddenly erupted, fortunately no one was seriously hurt in our group. Now that hostilities have ceased I am trying to do my best to help where I can to the best of my ability."

"Quantum and Temporal Mechanics? Sounds like very advanced material. I have to confess most of that goes over my head most of the time. Now on the other hand should you happen to know any songs, perhaps you could teach me some. I am trying to gather as many as I can during my travels and hope to add more to my collection soon."

Doctor

He's who now?
The Doctor laughed. "Yes, well, the subject tends to go over some of my student's heads too. You're not the first. Unfortunately, I don't know any good songs, but I wish you luck in your endeavors.
"I've only met a few Jedi before, and none of them were Padawans. It's nice to make your acquaintance."

"The pleasure was all mine. Perhaps we would meet again one day, we could share stories and song, and hopefully a little wine. Alas the hospital staff seems to be woefully out of stock."

Doctor

He's who now?
"Actually, that's what I'm here for. Since I have medical training, I thought I might as well help out somehow," explained the Doctor. "I was heading down the hall when I heard you singing. When you're all done here, would you mind helping out somewhere else? I might need an extra set of hands."

Checking on his sleeping patient, he gently took his instrument, and gestured for the doctor to follow him out of the room. "Poor child has been having nightmares but at least she is asleep now. That was the last of my rounds so I am free to help you right now. How may I be of service?"

Doctor

He's who now?
The Doctor led Inigo out of the room and down the hall. "There's a patient here who got a nasty cut on both his arm and around his ribs. I'm going to help remove and add new bandages. It's kind of tedious, hence the extra hands. You up for it?"

"Si.....I mean yes. I would be most interested in being of service. Just show me what needs to be done." With a light spring in his step the young padawan followed the good doctor, happy that he would be able to help the injured and ease the suffering in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom