Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Healing Trance, what is it?

Talon Jett

Unshackled but still Disgraced.
I was on wookieepedia and found this weirdo ability that seems to have absolutely no text in the entire page..

What is Healing Trance? it got me interested due to the character I am trying to put together to be alot like the marvel version of wolverine.. but idk what tis ability is so cannot weigh it on the judgement of "will it be appropriate for the healing aspect of the sith character"?

anyone know what this is?

It's a meditative trance that Force users (specifically Jedi, since it requires meditation and the Dark Side kinda screws with that) can trigger themselves to enter. The Exile did it during the house arrest Telos scenes in Kotor 2. Think magic hibernation. You're ridiculously vulnerable, and you have to be in a functional state in order to achieve the concentration necessary to enter it in the first place, but if you can, it can speed your recuperation.

Weaker in every way than Force Healing used on yourself.

Talon Jett

Thank you, and yea I got it needed meditation.. but also was curious if it could be altered to be a "moving meditation" type of ability some people on the site used to focus on.

Idk if that ability is still used here, just thought it could be useful at all.. but thanks for letting me know. :)

[member="Rianna be Ar'klim"] [member="Fabula Caromed"]

Talon Jett

[member="Evard L'Rik"]
You call it suicide, I consider it a solid strategy to remain alive and fool mine own enemies. :p

Bunker-level Normal
Fabula Caromed said:
It's a meditative trance that Force users (specifically Jedi, since it requires meditation and the Dark Side kinda screws with that)
Wait, what? Since when?

I mean, it's not like Darth Vader had a whole meditation chamber on his flagship.

Talon Jett

[member="Captain Jordan"]
I am sure she meant to state that the dark side was inable of being able to utilize the ability like it was meant to.

There are actually whats known as alignment appropriate powers and abilities that could only be properly used and mastered with certain force alignments, for instance force rage was merely a darkside ability, if a jedi were to use it it had the possibility in shifting their alignment instantaneously to the darkside, or something like that.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Talon Jett"]

Perhaps. The phrasing suggested that meditation and not the Healing Trance was a property specifically aligned to Light Side users. Which can't be right at all.

Talon Jett

Oh no.. Meditation isn't restricted in the least, but there is a difference between meditation for the lightside and meditation for the darkside.

Its basically all in accordance to what side your alignment is shifted moreso to, I am sure lightsiders feel a more sense of calm while in meditation, while darksiders prolly feel just the opposite like usual and expected.

Talon Jett

Apparently I am wrong, the sith use it for the same reasons the jedi do.. which is odd at the least knowing they prefer to harness their emotions rather than surpress them.

Here is the meditation wikia article for it.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Talon Jett"]

Wookieepedia is one thing, but individual character motivations are entirely another. I use Wookieepedia as a guide for generalities, and then go from there. Perhaps a darksider will actually meditate to calm themselves, instead of the stated:
members of the Sith Order as it existed across the millennium employed meditation to focus and sharpen their mind, regain their strength, and heal their wounds
But we agree on the fact that meditation is a universal power. It's not even Force-restricted, although Force users are likely to employ it more often.

Talon Jett

Precisely, alot of abilities one can use with the force are indeed universal, Including Meditation.

However I was speaking moreso of this:

Forsaking all attempts to eliminate passions and gain serenity
When I meant they use it for a similar reason as their most hated nemesis, the Jedi. Which to me is sorta a huge let down, yet it also sort of makes alot of sense as well.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Talon Jett"]

That means the Sith don't use it for eliminating passions and gaining serenity. Which is somewhat opposite of the Jedi's purpose of meditation.

Both use it to focus, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom