Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech HB-1RML - portable guided/unguided anti-vehicle weapon system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bri'tsyd

Professional Man of Mystery

Image Source: http://phazonsotherstuff.weebly.com/page3.html
Intent: Create a standardised anti-armor rocket launcher for the Republic
Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Sasori Research for the Galactic Republic
Model: HB-1RML - portable guided/unguided anti-vehicle weapon
Affiliation: Galactic Republic and used almost exclusively by Republic Army
Modularity: No
Production: Limited (Only A Select Group Of NPCs/PCs)
Material: Durasteel, Plastoid
Classification: Missile Launcher
Size: Shoulder Fired
Length: 1.1 Meter
Weight: 21 KG (with mutations loaded)
Ammunition Type: Anti-Armor / anti peronall missiles
Ammunition Capacity: (1) round per reload
Effective Range: Battlefield
Rate of Fire: Single action
Special Features: Anit-armor and anti-personal
Description: A Republic weapons system based off of the venerable Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. PLX-1 portable missile launcher. The HB-1RML - portable guided/unguided anti-vehicle weapon system fire a high-speed projectile with an explosive warhead. The standard missile can explode metal shrapnel in a 3-meter blast radius in anti-Personal mode or possibly destroy an Armored Assault Tank in a single well aimed hit. (OOC: actual damage to be determined by writers, description notes max effect) The system itself has over the horizon capabilities with a max range if 3 kms. A battery of troopers using these could prove a truly devastating anti-vehicle force on the battlefield.

Using a miniature mass-driver barrel, the weapon launches specially designed projectiles which can be fired either ‘dumb’ (firing the projectile straight, to hit slow or non-moving line-of-sight targets) or in the ‘smart’ GAM, or Gravity Activated Mode, (used sensors in the missile to actively search for specific pre-programmed target gravity silhouettes).

Weapons system is now heavily used by Republic Assault Company’s and other special forces units that need the increased fire power this weapons system offers.

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/PLX-1_portable_missile_launcher

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Cody Bantam"]

Cody Bantam said:
destroy an Armored Assault Tank in a single well aimed hit.
please remove this part as it is up to our opponent to
Cody Bantam said:
max range if 40 kms.
dictate what damage is done to them or their vehicles.

Missiles and torpedoes do not have very good range in the star wars universe. This will have to be more in line with star wars weapons range. A vehicle mounted standard missile launcher generally has about 2km range so please change this to 2 to 3 km.

Van Bri'tsyd

Professional Man of Mystery
[member="Reshmar"]

Reshmar said:
Missiles and torpedoes do not have very good range in the star wars universe. This will have to be more in line with star wars weapons range. A vehicle mounted standard missile launcher generally has about 2km range so please change this to 2 to 3 km.
Sorry I took range from the wookiee, correcting to 3 km

Reshmar said:
please remove this part as it is up to our opponent to
I added "possibly" description to this sentence to note that this was the max affect and (OOC: actual damage to be determined by writers, description notes max effect) to description as well so readers understand context, if this is not enough them please advise and I will remove.

Please advise then if any additional changes are needed and I will happily revise, thanks again for reviewing this.

ADM. Reshmar

Cody Bantam said:
Sorry I took range from the wookiee,
Yeah I think this is a case of someone just editing in what they wanted.
Even anti-air missiles like the stinger or javelin only have a 5km range. and in star wars the range is really bad for missiles for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom