Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Guide] Making a Faction

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[Guide] Making a Faction

Hello! The purpose of this guide is offer you, the New Member, all the information you might need to start your own Faction. Let's begin shall we?

Step 1. The Planning Stage

Before we jump right in and start building our own Faction. We need to consider the rules and brain-storm about how to go about it. Let's start with the Rules.

The Rules
  • Star Wars RP: Chaos operates with an "Open Faction Creation System", meaning that any character may create a Faction whenever you want. You do not need permission to do so!
  • Factions must maintain 5 or more unique, individual, active characters to remain active. Each character must be written by a different person. We are checking!
  • A Faction has the resources necessary to role-play having a large fleet, army, etc.
  • Factions that do not meet the minimum requirements to be classified as "active" or are deemed "inactive" by the SWRP Staff Team will be removed from the Faction Directory at the end of each month.

Planning it Out:

So as you can see. We need a few things before we begin. Let's list them,
  • We need an Idea for the Faction
  • We need people. At least 5. But more is always better.

So let's talk about getting these first eh?

1. We need an Idea:

Let's ask ourselves a few questions about our Faction Idea first. Once we answer these questions we can move on.
  • What is my Faction going to be about?
  • Is my idea new?
  • What is my Faction's goal? Take over the universe? Or fill it with Cake and Cookies?
  • Will my Faction be of brave warriors? Shadowy thieves? Or wondrous wizards? Or everything all at once?
  • Are we a Force User Faction? What color? Light, Neutral, or Dark Sider?
  • How am I different from all the other Factions?
  • How can I explain my Faction to others? Am I being too complex?
  • What Planets do we want to Claim?
  • Are we prepared to engage in Conquests, Invasions, Dominions, and other PvP Events?

2. Now we need People:

So. We've got our idea now. We know what we are, and what we want! Let's think about how we are going to get people onboard.
  • Start a discussion about your new idea in the Roleplaying Discussion Forum.
  • Explain your idea and why it matters. Tell them why your Faction is special and unique.
  • Answer peoples questions and resolve their concerns. Communication is key.
  • Be a leader. Show a good example to others in the way you speak and behave.
  • You don't need all the answers right now. But the more detail you can have, the better.

Step 2: Creating our Faction

Okay. We have our idea, we have our people, and now we just need to build it. Let's do it shall we?
  • First, click on the Faction Button on the Website's Banner. Then Click the red button 'Add Faction'
  • Now let's fill out the Faction Creation Form.

The Faction Creation Form:

Let's get this out of the way.
  • Add our Faction's Name.
  • Add our Visibility. - Public is best. We want to be seen.
  • Add our Membership Approval. - Open, Invite, or Admin Approval. Open is best.
  • Add our Category. - Light, Dark, or Neutral.
  • Add our Description. - Tell the world about us. Let's keep it brief. Simple is best.
  • Now Click 'Add Faction' at the bottom
  • Add our Faction's Logo Image. (Better get one eh?)
  • Add our Faction's Banner Image. (Need one of these? You can ask for Help in the Water Cooler Forums.)
  • Add a Background Image or Color too.

Step 3. Building our Faction

Now it's time to fill in the rest of the blanks. Time to create our Faction Forums. Let's begin.

The Faction Control Panel

Let's start from the Command Center. The Control Panel.
  • Click on the red button that says 'Faction CP'
  • Browse the Dashboard on your left. It is just like your 'User CP' on your Profile.
  • Let's explore

Understanding my Control Panels Dashboard
  • General Settings: - Just like the Faction Creation Form. Name, Description, and Membership Options.
  • Look and Feel: - Just like the Faction Creation Form. Logo, Banner, and Background Options.
  • Manage Pages: - When we get up and running. We can manage pages and topics here.
  • Navigation: - Once we add some Faction Sub-Forums and Topics. We can manage how to organize them here.
  • Invite List: - Not an Open Faction? Then we better start Inviting people to join us? We can manage our Invitations here.
  • Manage Members: - We can given our Members special privileges and Ranks here. Such as Mod, Member, and Guest Status.
  • Approve Members: - Not an Open Faction? We can approve members applying and waiting to join here.
  • Ranks: - Admins, Mods, Members, and Guests. These are our 4 starting Ranks and Privileges. We probably don't need anymore right now.
  • Mass Message: - Communication is key. Send a PM to all your Members here. But it is so much easier to just start a new Topic isn't it?
  • Delete Faction: - Yep. Send a request for deletion.
  • Transfer Ownership: - Done with being the Boss? Hand the reins over to your Second-in-Command and watch them work!
  • Manage Forums: - Yep. Organization at it's finest.

Outlining and Organizing Your Faction Forum

Now we have our board, and we know our tools. So now we can starting building our Outline and constructing our Organization. Its time to fill in the blanks.

Sub-Forums

Nobody likes a giant mess of topics just floating around. So let's recommend some Sub-Forums to Organize things.
  • How about an OOC Discussion Forum? - To plan things
  • How about an IC Training Forum? - To train Force Users
  • How about a Resources Forum for all your Tech, Items, and Ships? - So you can PvP
  • How about an Archives Forum? - So you don't have to delete old topics

You can Organize your Faction how you want. You don't need to use these ideas. But now let's talk about what might goes inside these babies anyway.

Sub-Forums Cont: Pins, Stickies, & Education

Your the boss. You know whats going on. But now we have to tell everyone else. Let's talk about Pins and Stickies. Here are some of the pivotal Topics you might want to include 'inside' of your Sub-Forums. Use the 'Pinned' Pre-fix to keep these important topics at the top.
  • OOC Discussion Forum
    Pinned Topic: The Factions Plans for the Future
  • Pinned Topic: Our Factions Goals and Mission Statement
  • Pinned Topic: How you as a Member can help grow our Faction
  • Pinned Topic: Our Factions History

[*]Pinned Topic: Trainers Available
  • Pinned Topic: How to get a Trainer
  • Pinned Topic: Promotion Requests

[*]Resources Forum
  • Pinned Topic: Members
  • Pinned Topic: War Manifest
  • Pinned Topic: New 'Faction-Only' Tech, Ideas, and Submissions

[*]Archives Forum
  • Pinned Topic: Requests to De-Archive

Step 4: Running the Place

Your the Boss now of your very own Faction. Now all you have to do is run it. And sorry, but I can't really tell you how to do that. I can give you some pointers and advice however.
  • Listen to your Members and see what they want? A Faction is a group. It is not just about you.
  • Remember, the Admins are there to help you. Never forget to ask for help or advice from your peers.
  • Move stuff around. Try new things. Much of the information above is just recommendations.
  • Your Faction is not important. The Website Community is. Always put the Community first.
  • Keep it simple.

Thanks for reading. And remember to have fun!!!

The End

We're doing away with Minor/Major Factions.

I would hold off and wait for Staff to come out with the finalized rules. This would only serve to confuse people further when Staff contradicts this guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom