Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greed is the Creed

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Stygian Caldera Nebula
Ancient Sith Worlds
Krayiss Two

A small transport traveled through the deep folds of Hyperspace, the striking white lights pushing trails just outside the viewports, there were only eight men plus the pilot aboard the ship. Five of them were of no concern, simple acolytes trying to prove themselves to their master, two were slightly more important; old operatives who had proven their worth time and time again, the last one was the voice of the Voice, his name?

Khara Zhon.

An Arkanian Offshoot Khaar was one of the symbols of her Master’s intrigue with the more rare species of this Galaxy, she had been picked up by him in the dirty streets of Coruscant - not very different from his own fate - and brought up with a stern and strict training regiment, focusing on the core principles of loyalty, strength and an unwavering resolve. It were these three values that had made the Master pick her for this specific mission.

From the old archives and with the steering of the Wise One new knowledge was unlocked daily, one of which was the location of an ancient temple on Krayiss Two. It wasn’t entirely clear if said temple was still there, and yet the missives suggested there should be an obelisk of some kind, waiting to be unlocked by a powerful and above all worthy Master of the Darkside.

And so Zhon was sent to check it out with her squad, if the temple was still there, if the obelisk was still unmarred then the next step would be acquisition, for the missives suggested that Krayiss was one of the ancient Sith Worlds, a sacred planet to the old Sith Empire and more importantly home to a massive library-temple home to ancient scrolls, tomes and the like. It was clear that the temple wasn’t safe though, missives also suggested that Jedi had attempted to scout the planet in the very early, early days.

None came back.

This in itself was a warning to all that attempted to breach the sanctity of the Temple and attempt to take away its literary treasure, only those who were worthy would be allowed entry and Zhon doubted she, or any of her current companions, were amongst those few privileged. But that mattered not, there mission parameters were clear: visit the planet, scout it, track down the temple and figure out if it was still a viable target.

If so, pave the way for the Sith Lord who would come to claim it.

Simple mission, simple parameters.

‘So what are we doing here?’ one of the acolytes murmured to one of the others. None of the elders replied, some found it beneath their dignity, others were checking their equipment and Baas was catching some sleep, before they set out to do the job. ‘I am not sure, Rav. But it’s gotta be huge, the Lord wouldn’t ask for such a big group otherwise, right?’ the other acolyte replied. He had a point, Zhon thought, if this had been a small mission a single agent would have been enough.

The Master’s agents were the best of the best, a pilot, a suit and a stealth ship was most of the time enough to slip in and out before anyone was aware that something was wrong. Other times when the mission was really critical… the Master went out alone, or backed up with some of his men, it was this tendency to leave the really dangerous missions to himself that had garnered a measure of respect from his men and women.

It showed that the Master wasn’t entirely cut-off from the people that served him.

Finally she herself spoke, even if there was a measure of truth in it, it wouldn’t do for the acolytes to think they could speak out of turn about matters that didn’t concern them whatsoever. ‘Quiet, acolytes. This is no time for meaningless chatter, contemplate, meditate on your connection to the Force. You will need it if you wish to earn the favor of our Master.’

Rav didn’t seem entirely convinced, but kept silent, instead closing his eyes for the few minutes that were left. Which was all that was necessary, a rebellious nature was inherent to all Sith; it couldn’t be any different, as long as they obeyed… nothing more could be asked for.

In the meanwhile the transport rocketed and shuddered under the sudden pressure of the atmosphere. ‘ETA 2 minutes people, commence preliminary checking.’ one of the pilots shouted over his shoulder, translation: ‘Cover your asses and make sure you got all you need to survive out there.’

Finally the shuttle landed and the squad almost marched out of it.

Ravanin Ardon, Baas Voo, Khara Zhon and a strange droid were the members of this particular expedition, the rest would stay behind and protect the shuttle for anything that might want to try and do something unsavory to it. Gotta stay prepared for anything and everything.

It took them many hours of stumbling through the jungle, before they finally walked into a clearing and a distinct Obelisk in the dead-center of it. Some of them sighed in relief, there hadn’t been any major problems, no technobeasts conjured up from nowhere to come and haunt them, and no casualties. (well except if you count Rav being bitten by a mosquito, and being a wench about it for the entire trip)

The droid started for the Obelisk, making preliminary scans of the environment and Rav followed him. Baas set-up a perimeter around the sight, while Khara commlinked back to base camp, would be prudent for them to know what was up.

While Khara was making the call, the droid and Rav were busy exploring the area directly surrounding the obelisk. The droid had already made scans of the underground structures directly underneath the obelisk, it seemed the missives had spoken true, the obelisk was, in fact, a big toward extending into the air from the roof of the building.

And what a building it was, gigantic in scope, and if the droid had had any force sensitivity it would have felt the reservoir of the Darkside flowing through the ground, trying to influence all that was around it. Its grasp on the droid was ill-attempted, Baas was one of the few soldiers in the world who was as dead to the Force as a droid, Khara was too far away… that left only one person.

Ravanin Ardon’s mind was slowly being pulled into the cold embrace of the many Spirits that dwelled inside of the temple, his hand reached the Obelisk and its surface pressed itself onto his palm.

Ascension was reached.

A screech was made audible, as ground shuddered under the sudden pressure of a building, conserved in the folds of the Force, raised itself from its slumber and rose up before them.

In the meanwhile Khara had dropped her commlink, running as as fast as she could, she reached Rav just when his palm touched the cold surface of the Obelisk and pushed him away. Landing on her knees she grunted, suddenly feeling the distinct tentacles of darkness trying to break into her mind and figuring her out.

“Who has awakened us from our slumber.” it whispered in her mind. Its trails tried to coax the answer from her mind, but there was a distinct advantage on being a trusted agent of the Master - his touch had sealed her mind to intrusions of any hand except his own.
The spirit was confused, most of the time this sort of thing worked against the foolish mortals attempting to gain passage into the sanctity of their temple, but this one provided to be more of a challenge, without being a clear Master of the Force even… curious.

“A Harbinger of the Master, Spirit. It’s his hand that has guided me here, and his shadow that shelters me from your storm.”

“How quaint, my dear. But you have forgotten one thing.”

“And what is that?”

“My Name is Legion, for we are Many.” a sudden rush of echoes spread around her closed mind, a web of some sort entangling her metaphysical manifestation and almost succeeding to ram through all the defenses. It was true that the Master had never calculated his walls for the combined onslaught of a hundred annoyed souls, so it was a good thing that plot happened.

“Enough.” a whisper returned towards the boast, pushing out all the spirits and leaving Khara relatively unharmed.

“And who, are you?” the proud Spirit said. “That I must bow so low?”

“Some call me Master, others call me Lord. In the early days I was known as the Lord of the Fringe, A Sith lord and Master to few, an Enemy to Many. The Force calls me Spirit-Fiend, my friends call me nerf herder, and my women call me Cold-Heart. The Master of the Midi-Chlorians has named me Caretaker, but you… you can call me Jared Ovmar.”

“We recognize you, Many-Faced-One. Have you come to claim our knowledge?”

“Yes.”

“Very well then.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom