Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grancha Energy Sword

6X0hLio.png

3d_halo_energy_sword_by_marksman56-d5tahxs.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: Providing 'The Awoken' with a closed-ranged energy-based weapon.
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: G.H Corporation
Model: V1-GS Energy Sword
Affiliation: The Awoken
Modularity: No
Production: Limited ( The Awoken )
Material:
- Emitter Matrix / Blade Emitter
- Activation Switch
- [ x2 ] Diatium Power Cell
- Focusing Lens
- Hilt Components & Pieces

Classification: Sword
Size: One-Handed
Length: 1.2 M
Weight: 5.2 Lb
Special Features:
+ Ion-Charge: From the ion-charge of the plasma-weapon, it makes the weapon more effectiveness against droid.
+ Blade-Shape: The blade curves around the hilt, protecting the hand.
- For The Force: Can only be properly used by Force-Users unless Dev Threads proved otherwise.
- Battery Charged: Reply on power-cells for power. Requiring them to be re-charged after extended user.

Description: The Power Cell supplies the weapon with the blade's plasma-based composition. The Blade Emitter and Emitter Matrix allow the plasma to be sculpted in its current shape, a dense-and compact magnetic field sustaining its shape even through the thickest of battle. As mentioned earlier, having power cells however, it is required that this weapon is recharged or the power cell is replaced after extended use. As for the blade, it's unique shape is designed for piercing, even as much as bi-passing weak energy-shields with enough effort. The ion-charge of the plasma-based weapon allows increased effectiveness against droids also. As for disadvantages, the blade can not be rotated without risk of harming the user. The weapon's general cutting power, though slightly weaker th lightsaber, can pierce through common metals, thick hides and the like. As for it's life-time, a week's worth of extensive use will drain the power cells, requiring a switch to the power cells or recharging.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Grudge The Grutt"]

Good evening, I'll be your judge tonight!

To start:

- I would like to how much cutting power this weapon has. In particular, is it similar to that of a lightsaber?

- Can you quantify what "extended use" means in the context of the weapon's battery life?

Changes made.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Isley Verd said:
I would like to how much cutting power this weapon has. In particular, is it similar to that of a lightsaber?

Now states: The weapon's general cutting power, though slightly weaker th lightsaber, can pierce through common metals, thick hides and the like.

Isley Verd said:
Can you quantify what "extended use" means in the context of the weapon's battery life?
Now states: As for it's life-time, a week's worth of extensive use will drain the power cells, requiring a switch to the power cells or recharging.

Alrighty, moving forward:

- Given its ability to cut through what can be considered standard materials, I consider this submission to be a lightsaber derivative. Existing policy is that these sort of weapons can only be approved at Semi-Unique production.

- In a PvP scenario, a week's worth of battery life will most likely not come up. The average soldier isn't going into an engagement with only three rounds in his blaster, and by that logic wielders of this submission most likely won't be going in with weapons at a partial charge. So, in the interest of balance, my suggestion would be to flesh out your "force user" weakness. Perhaps include the shortcomings of having its aesthetic/hilt design as it is?

- Given your desire to have this weapon do extra damage to inorganics, and its lightsaber-grade traits, I'm going to ask for a development thread of 15 posts.

I will be archiving this until development is done and the submission is ready to move forwards. Please PM another admin/RPJ or myself when you are ready to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom