Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GR-X speeder

0ecd228487c454a6a6d7e07675e3a558-d2zo31z.jpg
Image Source:
deviantart

Intent: Prototyping racing speeder

Development Thread: If necessary

Manufacturer: Gaillard Corporation

Model: GR-X

Affiliation: Gaillard Corporation

Modularity: The GR-X is easily upgradable.

Production: Semi-unique (3 built)

Material: Terenthium-desh (chassis), Duraplast (body), Glasteel (canopy)

Role: Racer

Height: 1.5 meters

Length: 5.5 meters

Width: 2.4 meters

Weight: 642kg

Minimum Crew: 1

Optimal Crew: 1

Propulsion: Repulsorlift

Top Speed: 843 KM/H

Armaments: N/A

Squadron Count: N/A

Passenger Capacity: N/A

Cargo Capacity: N/A

Misc. Equipment:

• Statistics monitor (Speed, gforce, heat, fuel, etc)

• Inertial dampeners

• Shielding (for high speeds)

Description: The GR-X is a prototype racing speeder designed by the Gaillard Corporation to expand the entertainment sector’s interest in racing leagues. Inspired by the popularity of pod racing and swoop racing, Aleksandyr Gaillard set out to design an extremely quick and agile racer capable of tackling the most intense track designs.

The GR-X is simply the minimal-viable-product of an ongoing design with the attempt to create a new and revolutionary type of racer.

Strengths:

• Very fast.

• Lightweight.

• Compact.

Weaknesses:

• No ejection system.

• Difficult to control: requires mastery.

[member="Aleksandyr Gaillard"]
That speed is incredibly high for a speeder or swoop bike. Please lower it to 600 km/h at maximum.

[member="Silara Vantai"]

Thanks for reviewing this so quickly. If I may retort, though:

It has been my assumption--correct or otherwise--that speeders are regulated to be slower because canonically it has been explained that speeds exceeding 800+ are beyond human capabilities. Seeing as this is a very limited production prototype and the fact it's difficult to control at those excessive speeds I'd like to see If I cannot get it approved around or near such speeds. The purpose of this craft is I'm planning on starting a racing series for roleplay, so i'd like to have a high-speed prototype for future dev threads for the completed craft. It is a racing speeder, so I wouldn't think it'd have speed limiters other than ones necessary to prevent it from falling apart.

If that is still not possible I will heed your request and drop it down to 600.

[member="Aleksandyr Gaillard"]
Canonically there have never been instances where a speeder or swoop bike have exceeded 650 km/h, and all canonical vehicles of this nature have a maximum speed of 600 km/h. The reason for this is that after 600 km/h the speeder/swoop begins to take damage from the speed it is moving and the only thing that would be able to prevent this would be a ship-sized shield system, which is not exactly capable of being placed into a speeder/swoop. You may lower the speed to 700km/h with a prototype development thread, but without one I will request the speed be maintained at 600 km/h.

[member="Silara Vantai"]

Fair enough.

I'll go ahead and see if I cannot get a prototype development thread going for 700km/h.

In the meantime as I'm not sure when I can actually get that going would it be best to have this archived?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom