Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going Major and Starting Planets!

Which planets should we pick for our starters?

• Corellia and Denon Hex- Corellia, Denon, Hakassi (With option for giving or trading Corellia away to

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Corellia Hex Only- Corellia, Hakassi, Sarapin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denon Hex Only- Denon, Nubia, Laromar

• Brentaal IV Hex Only- Brentaal IV, Arkania, Kirbi

• Other (Explain in Comment)

• Diplomatic/Selfless Route- Denon, Hakassi, Nubia

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Go for Adax (V 12 H7), Mechanus (V 13 H 6), and Hebrides (V 10 H7), or Aruza (V 14 H 7) see Chip's p

• Total voters

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Six-O"], [member="AD-8"], [member="AD-Iqatar.13"], [member="Archim Calixis"], [member="Chip"], [member="Hemera"], [member="Kida"], [member="Lord Mettallum"], [member="Seishin"], [member="Vladimir Tedesky"], [member="WD-334"], [member="X30-20G"]

So it's finally happening guys, we have 8 writers among us, including me, who want to give going major a chance and put us on the map. So what does that mean for us?

Well OOCly we would gain more attention, which I'm hoping for will translate into more members to write with and more activity, especially since I'll have more time and energy in the upcoming weeks as I finish my work to dedicate to the forums. We'll also need to expand our staff roster outside of just me, so I was wondering if [member="Ultimatum"] if you'll do me the honor and join me for better or for worse as one of our Faction Admins?

ICly on the other hand, not that much would change. The story is basically that HK manages to gather a group of Metal Lords who are willing to, at least temporarily, abandon their nomadic ways and parked their ships and stations in orbit of a few planets, setting up their own territory to gather resources and build ships before moving onward. So, if your character wants to do some Major Faction stories within the territory like developing the planet, go for it, if they want to keep traveling the Galaxy doing whatever they want in their smaller mobile fleet, you can do that too!

Most importantly, however, we should choose our starting planets, and for this I picked out a series of choices I think we should vote on, of course feel free to present your own alternatives we could add to the voting list.

Basically all the planets I looked at were sitting on crossroads of two or more hyperlanes, since spacefaring is fairly important for most of our forces and commerce is always good.

1. Corellia And Denon Hex- Corellia, Hakassi, and Denon

Brokellia_Hex.png

Corellian Hex would be my first choice for a variety of reasons, mainly it sits on three different hyperlane routes, a rather profitable features for a faction with a strong naval nomadic presence. The hyperlanes would allow ease of travel for our fleets and bring commerce which we could profit from as it thrives under our protection.

Corellia is currently in a bit of a ruined state, a lot of the infrastructure would have to be rebuilt by us and parts of it may need terraforming, but I would see it as a worthy investment, not only would it allow us to cement a place in the planet's history by influencing their further development and architecture but also show the Galaxy that not all droid factions wish nothing but destruction and replacement of their organic counterparts. In this Galaxy at war, we're going to need allies, rebuilding Corellia would be a good step towards it.

Corellia and Hakassi have access to shipyards in their orbit, although those will probably have to be rebuild, it will fuel our new expanded naval forces, spread our influence farther and stronger throughout the Galaxy than ever before while Sarapin provides us with valuable energy and resources. Taking Denon at the same time, if we would be allowed to use planets from a different hex as our starting planets, would also give us access to a large population fortress world, a valuable possession.

Of course we could always stick to just one hex and take Serapin instead of Denon, but I kinda like the idea of taking the Corellian hex whole and then sharing the Denon hex with GA to have some neutral space with them and a bit of quasi shared worlds.

Pros:

• Peaceful neighbors, no need to worry about invasion for a while
  • Multiple shipyards and resource rich planets to fuel new ship manufacturing
  • Multiple hyperlane trade routes to bring commerce
Cons:
  • Fixer upper, will need work to set everything up
  • Corellians are a bit of an unruly sort, they may cause trouble for us, at first at least

2. Denon Hex- Denon, Nubia, Loronar

Denon_Hex.png

This would be a more of a staying to just one hex with Denon becoming our capital planet, a massive fortress city world sitting at the crossroads of Corellian Run and Hydian Way. The initial territory would also include Nubia, planet beautiful in nature which also housed astromech droid foundries and orbital shipyards, and Loronar, site of the Loronar shipyards.

So basically a fortress world and two planets capable of mass producing droids and starships.

Pros:
  • Peaceful neighbors
  • Fortress world capital with large population flanked by two industrial powerhouses
  • Two major hyperlanes
Cons:
  • We could be seen as more of conquerors or exploiters by suddenly showing up and claiming protection over the planets
  • The hex is not as densely populated a other hexes we could choose from

3. Brentaal IV- Brentaal IV, Arkania, Kiribi

Kirbi_Hex.png

Much like Denon, Brentaal sits on crossroads of two major hyperlane routes, however unlike Denon the planet is not as well developed, it's focused on commerce and trade, not as much on industry. Same could be said about Arkania, while rich in diamonds and valuable resources, and capable of producing high technology, neither planet has expansive foundry systems or shipyards, those would have to be built by us. However, Kiribi on the other hand is a special planet in its own regard, while little information is provided on it by the canon, it was recently developed in the Chaos continuity, making it one of the more valuable planets in the system.

HK has personal reasons why he would want to hold Kiribi and mess with them in one way or the other, doing so would probably gain us backing of Naboo as well, if we can do it without inciting a rebellion.

Pros:
  • Commercial and Trading Hub
  • Rich in resources, including diamonds
  • Kiribi is a unique planet built within Chaos canon
Cons:
  • Little developed industry (at least on Brentaal and Arkania)
  • No major shipyards shipyards (at least on Brentaal and Arkania)
  • Taking control of Kirbi could be troublesome and bring scorn from other Chaos factions

Let me know what you guys think!

Firstly I would be honored to join alongside you as administrator. It will take a bit to learn the ropes, but certainly I am willing to aid.

As for starting worlds I would like the idea of Corellia, especially the rebuilding part. But Denon would be a close second with the concept of a strong center for our 'empire' to begin in.

[member="HK-36"]

Denon and Corellia would be some awesome starting planets to snag at the start. I feel like Corellia itself would make a good capital for the Metal Lords as it's in a state where it can be remolded to our liking. (While respecting the folks still living among the original remains.)

[member="hk-36"]

All of these options sound good, and would give ample opportunity for RP.

I think Denon would be the best choice, as that planet is known as an industrial world. It would also offer us an easy chance to claim the whole hex in the near future due to fewer planets.

HK-36

[member="Seishin"], [member="Lord Mettallum"], [member="Ultimatum"],

I talked about this in our Discord channel a bit but just want to put it down here also, problem about Denon is that GA wants to go for Duro in the same hex, which I would be alright with since it's on the west edge side of it away from the more interesting planets I was looking at. So if we went for it fully we will probably end up sharing the hex with GA, personally I'm alright with that since it would bring some neutral zone RP and quasi-shared planets between us, the way I see it to do that we could either just start on Corellia and Denon, grab Corellian hex fully and then do a Tier 2 or some Tier 1 dominions to grab the other planets of interest in that system, like Seishin said it would be easy to do that since the hex is not as populated, or start on Denon, fill it up, then trade Duros away to GA in exchange for some planets.

Granted there's a similar situation on Corellia, I learned too late that Free Worlds Coalition wanted to dominion it, but if we pick it as our capital we can't exactly trade it away, and if it was just one of the starting worlds due to its position in regards to them, trading it away would probably drag other worlds along with it like Serapin. Similar situation with Kiribi, there's a regime there that HK would want to mess with a bit due to their involvement against GA in the past when the droid was still with them, while it wouldn't be mass murder but more cloak and dagger operations, which could be potentially fun and I already talked to [member="Arisa Yune"] about it a bit, it would stir the pot for them and cause some trouble, even though potentially they will probably end up with more developed infrastructure and the like than before.

So we're in a pretty awkward spot of stepping on someone's toes whichever planets we choose, but personally I think going full hex Corellia with a little dingle-donger into Denon and sharing that hex with GA would be the best.

[member="HK-36"]

Well, the GA has some other things going on right now, and there is that shiny new diplomatic planet swap ruleset.

We could go full Denon hex, and when the GA is ready to do something for Duros, we could try out the diplomacy option. That way we have a hex with 2 major lanes on it, and we avoid truly stepping on anyone's toes.

I would assume that you've communicated already with the GA and Free Worlds to some extent. Perhaps they would be willing to allow us to have the worlds, I am specifically talking about Corellia, it would mean they have another ally in the area.

Unfortunately it ends up being that we will have to step on somebody's toes, that is just the nature of the map game.

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

Remember to vote by the way guys, if you can! I made it anonymous so if you don't want to explain your stance, you don't have to. Also let me know if for some reason you can't vote, we had that happen for [member="WD-334"] due to some issues with lack of permission for it, I can manually add your vote in if that happens.

[member="Seishin"],

Yeah you're right, I already mentioned the diplomacy world exchange thing in the proposal section for Denon, or we could always just simply not take the whole hex, from what I know after speaking to Zark/[member="Archim Calixis"], they are only interested in Duros in that hex.

We could also apply the same to Corellia, like I said giving or trading it away to Free Worlds later on would probably cost us other planets along with it due to territory changes, like Serapin, but it's always an option. We could start with Denon as capital, take Corellia as one of the starting worlds, rebuild it, use their shipyards to bolster our fleets, and then give or trade them away to Free Worlds, Free Worlds representatives would be welcomed to take part in any of our threads centered around it.

But if we would want to embrace the diplomatic route and start in a way that would not piss anybody off too much, we could always do a bit of a reverse Corellian and Denon mix- Capital on Denon, Hakassi for shipyards, Nubia for droid foundries. We would have access to trade lanes, not as many as if we took Corellia as well but a nice amount, shipyards to build larger vessels, and foundries to strengthen our armies, all without taking any planets GA wants and letting Free Worlds do their story on Corellia.

HK-36

[member="Kida"], [member="Ultimatum"], [member="Seishin"], [member="Arisa Yune"], [member="Lord Mettallum"],

So I spoke to the people from Corellian League, turns out the planet is already being rebuilt from the catastrophe so we wouldn't exactly be able to remodel it to our own liking and take credit for rebuilding it. Which was kinda the best part about it for me.

So I would propose that we would go for Denon, Hakassi, and Nubia instead, they have the same resources as Corellia, we would still have access to major hyperlanes, and we would start off on better foot without interjecting on the storylines they planned for the planet.

HK-36

[member="Arisa Yune"],

OOCly or ICly I have no objections with it, HK will probably try to set up his own presence over Denon or as ambassador with the FWC, but I think things like that should be finalized ICly within threads like maybe hex dominions of the initial hexes or Faction threads focused on the planets, I would want to give other Metal Lords a chance to object or challenge Hemera's claim.

Since by our lore all droids are considered equal and have the right to become a Lord, it also means that most of them would think they are the most important among their brethren. So I always envisioned us having a fair amount of infighting and squabbling between each other, kind of like the Petty Kings, not to the point of civil war but more like sibling rivalry, with loose hierarchies being formed by droids arguing until one recognizes that another model is more suited for the task at hand and agreeing to ally themselves with them as companions and followers, or through trade by droids being bribed with mechanized soldiers or ships, or just by pressure by signing deals and alliances with other Lords to support their claim. It's not until big things like allying with a faction, going to war, or claiming planets that we would really agree as a group and even then our momentum would be only as strong as how many Lords agree with the direction we're heading in.

But I think what we should do is every Lord gets to look after one planet/system and then how they manage it and what they do with it is left up to them, for example HK would just keep his assets in orbit within ships and bases, fund development of the planet and take taxes from trade going through it but then not really put that much pressure on them. Other Lords are free to take more active approach and if they would do something that others might disagree with, like mass murder, they can either keep it secret or others are free to voice concern. If they tick enough droids off then we would band together and either force them to change or replace them. IC actions have IC consequences basically. If a Lord wants to rule a planet but all are occupied and there are no other Lords they can convince to step down or otherwise replace, they can come up with an idea for dominion and we'll do a dominion, led by them.

[member="Seishin"],

I put your vote in! I'm also keeping a tally sheet on my end to just do the votes by hand.

[member="Ultimatum"],

Yeah it sucks, but there's still plenty of stories on the other planets I proposed to keep us busy, we could always just put torch to it, destroy it all over again and then rebuild it :p

[member="Chip"],

I read through the planets you suggested, Mechanus is the one we're leaving in the first place and by the end of our thread it's going to be an even more of a wreck, so I wouldn't think that's a good idea to settle on :p

Adax, Hebrides and Aruza look pretty cool, some nice cyborgs there, we could work a droid revolution on Adax, they are a bit too close to the FO territory for my taste though, it might get pretty hairy for us pretty quickly there, as opposed to being near GA, FWC, and Commenor, there's some of us in the faction who already have pretty positive IC relations with them like me and Ulti. Either way, I saved coordinates for Hebrides and Aruza next to the tallies if we'll go for them!

What do you guys think?

HK-36

[member="Six-O"], [member="AD-8"], [member="AD-Iqatar.13"], [member="Archim Calixis"], [member="Chip"], [member="Hemera"], [member="Kida"], [member="Lord Mettallum"], [member="Seishin"], [member="Vladimir Tedesky"], [member="X30-20G"], [member="Ultimatum"],

Alright, I think the poll has been up long enough. From the 10 writers who were active at the time of the poll, including myself, 2 have abstained, 1 has voted for recently proposed another set of starting planets Mechanus-Adax-Hebrides, and 7 supported going for the compromise of Denon-Hakassi-Nubia.

So those will be our starting planets, with capital on Denon, I'm just waiting for an answer from [member="WD-334"] about my proposition for him to become one of our Faction Administrators, we need to have 2 besides a Faction Owner before apply for Major Faction status, and then I'll post our application for it.

Hemera

H
[member="HK-36"] I checked out the updated poll. I planned on going the diplomatic route for Nubia (with some subterfuge), so this works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom