Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going Forward

So anyone who knows me is, or should be, aware of the fact that I cannot help myself where new characters are concerned. I have so many different ideas running rampant in my mind, and it's not always easy to then pin them down and focus solely on one thing at a time. This leads to a lot of random characters, who never get anywhere.

I've been toying with this idea for a long time now, I even contemplated doing a complete reset of characters (killing off the ones I had so I couldn't get them back), but I don't think that'd do them or those around them any justice.

As a result, I've decided that I'm going to focus solely on two main characters ([member='Mysa Snowstrider'] and [member='Lazareth']) while also writing two minor characters ([member='Kyra Sol'] and [member='Kära Vi'dreya'] - both of whom I only write with one other person anyway!)

Since I've been gone for a while this shouldn't really affect anyone's current storylines. But if it does, then I apologize. I've realized that I don't have the drive to write as much as I used to, and that's fine! It also means that I need to learn how to manage what muse I do have so that something productive comes from it instead of fifty dead projects that lead to nowhere.

If this goes to plan, then the only time I'll bring out new characters is when one of the above slots becomes available, either through character death or a general end to their storyline.

don'thateme

[member="Kyra Sol"]

I get precisely what you mean. I get super excited about new characters, and yet im already over burdened with the ones i'm writing. I've finally killed of Sean Freeing myself up to work on my main account again

Sean Ailín said:
"Private Sean, " Commander Dariel cut in with a bark. "Where did you get that scatter blaster ?"

"F-found it, s-sir. W-with the Fifth." He paused to take in a dry breath, staring the Commmander directly in the eyes. "It's empty, s-s-sir. I... I used all of it on a-a-a single t-t-trooper "

The Commander and his lieutenant shared a glance. The Lieutenant nodded. Commander Dariel's hand moved to his side. Sean squared his shoulders back, bringing himself up to his full height, and closed his eyes.

"Can't you do anything right?"

His brother's words stung his ears.

"You spoiled noble brats are all the same! Trying to get something for nothing. You can send a message to your family when you've earned it, but I don't see that happening."

The Commander never liked him, simply out of birth.

"You are nothing but a disgrace to this House! When are you going to contribute something to it?"

His mother's love...

"Looks like you got the good caf. Hope you don't mind if I have some, do you? Heh. Of course you don't."

Why would the other men respect him?

"One more time, Sean. One more time, and I'm not paying the ransom. You aren't worth it!"

How his father's words cut deep...

"Do us a favor and have the decency to do something right for once in your life and die quietly."

Yes. Finally. He would do what his family had always wanted. They wouldn't have to worry about him being a burden any more. For days he'd been worried about this plan, but now... Now he found it strangely liberating. He was free. He was happy, happier than he'd been in his entire life. He'd done his duty, but he could understand why none would see it. None except Bethany, and who would she tell? Who could she tell? No, a Soldier doesn't seek out glory. He seeks only his duty, right?

He couldn't complain. In a short week, he'd found love, peace, and a place in the universe. The Force had seen his work and rewarded him. And now, by the simple guilt of telling the truth, he would be sent to to it's final embrace at peace and happy, completing his duty to his family. Who could ask for anything more?

Sean opened his eyes to look down the barrel of the gun and found himself smiling.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

giphy.gif

Sounds a plan to me. :)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I don't know this feel either. I tried a second character, but it just didn't work for me. I'm all about the Kay...and tea ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom