Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghosts of Childhood (Fringe)

The room was spotless. A theme of crisp whiteness permeated its whole, not a color in sight. Through the hallway a child ran in terror, her yellow sundress a stark contrast to her surroundings. As she turned her head toward her pursuer, her feet caught on the leg of a frosted glass coffee table. Her arms flung out to catch her balance, but it was no use. The little girl tumbled to the floor in a pile of dark hair and frightened tears.

On her heels ran two boys, older than her, yet identical in looks. Both of their faces were twisted into what can only be described as malicious glee. One, the obviously leader, held a blaster in his hands. It was set to the lowest setting. Without a word he motioned for the other boy to take hold of the girl and pin her to the floor. Grinning, he addressed her. “It wasn’t smart to try and get away like that, Alexis. I was only going to shoot you once. Now? I think I’ll do it a couple times to teach you a lesson about running from me. You’re scum, and you deserve to be treated like it.” A beam from the blaster cemented his words, followed by an agonized scream. The child’s world blackened.

Alexis jolted awake, the phantom of remembered pain zinging through her body. Eyes foggy with memory, she struggled to draw air into her lungs, but breath continued to saw in and out of her chest. It seemed to take years for her to calm down, but Alexis finally managed to slow the thudding of her heart. Chocolate hair clung to her shoulders and neck, which were sticky with rapidly cooling sweat. When she attempted to stand, she instead fell off the bed in a tangle of sheets. It wasn’t until then that Alexis realized that her thrashing had caused her to become entangled within the bedding. Unwrapping herself, she sighed.

It had been years since that memory had shattered her dreams. She didn’t relish the thought that her past was once again attempting to swallow her, to drag her back into the frightened girl she’d once been. She’d fought her way out of it, and she refused to play the meek punching bag any longer. She deserved respect, not to be treated like a dog.

[SIZE=11pt]The thoughts calmed her, and Alexis’ mind turned to the target she’d been given for the night. Assassinations took planning, and she needed to put her plans into motion. It was time for her to hunt. Changing into a backless black summer dress and black heels, she slipped into the streets.[/SIZE]

[member="Dak Canton"]
[member="Anders Sivas"]
[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Marcus Tritum

M
Annaj, capital planet of the Fringe. You might think it was a nice place with lots of big sky towers, but nope. Annaj ain't Coruscant. The permanent fog hanging over the city seemed thicker than usual, which was saying something. Sometimes it got so thick I could barely see my hand in front of me. Those days I always feel like a blind man being led into a cave filled with potholes. Today wasn't so bad, most of it was gathered higher up in atmosphere. Good luck seeing stars, though. Nobody who lived on Annaj saw stars.

Most people associated fog with cold weather, but when I stepped out onto the streets in my duster the humidity almost killed me. I gagged, stepped back into the apartment, and ditched the duster. I came out wearing cargo pants with pockets that held several extra mags for the BTI-Ripper pistol strapped to my thigh. A big freakin' knife sat in a sheath at my hip. No combat missions today, but I don't like to assume things like "They'll never attack me now!" Those thoughts always have a way of coming back around and taking a large chomp out of my butt.

I tugged at my grey shirt as I stepped back outside. Felt like someone had clamped a wet rag over my mouth. Ugh, Annaj.

Trying not to drown, I walked down the street toward palace.

[member="Alexis Braend"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Alexis Braend"] [member="Dak Canton"]

Most of my time on Annaj has been spent in meeting halls, and my penthouse. Gotta say one thing, the fog? Didn’t have any experience with that, penthouse was high enough to skip through that crap. You know ever since I came back from the dead, I found living to be a burden.

Kinda ironic if ya think about it, but it’s true. Life is a drag, and there ain’t enough excitement to make it… well.. more alive. I can’t explain it, don’t judge me, but you know what I mean.

I have been seeking thrills, trying to feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. Ain’t much to do in Annaj though, it’s pretty boring really, though the view from my penthouse? Amazing stuff.

Anyway, not too surprisingly I stood on the rooftop of my place, and stared into the distance. You know, Dark Knight style, all brooding and menacing or something like that. Didn’t know where Andra was, not at home, that’s for sure.

My toes curled over the balustrade, as I looked down to the endless fog that curled around my city. I breathed in, and felt the air fill my lungs, it was cold and it made me feel.. well Alive. Yeah, original, I know.

Then… I jumped.

I ain’t Shorn or Siobhan, I can’t just go and rip bridges of Star Destroyers or throw Asteroids around. Ain’t my MO. But I had picked up a thing or two, after spending time in Mikhail’s head.

As I said, I will never be able to use TK as efficient in combat as those two. But in those quick seconds, as I flew through the sky, and the wind ripped at my robes.. I felt good.

It used up a lot of energy and concentration, but I managed to slow myself down. Still crashed down pretty hard though, maybe a bruise or two. As I rose from my crouching position, I spotted.. oh well hello there.

I remembered this girl, at least her feel, Alex.. well something in that line.

My head bowed itself slightly, and I gave her one of my lazy grins.

“Evening, bit chilly ain’t it?”

Yeah, pretend like nothing out of the ordinary had just happened. Like a guy just crashing down from the skies. Damn, way to make an entrance.

Billows of moisture pulsated, seemingly with life. The swirls and tendrils caressed those within the fog’s cloudy depths much like a lover. It hugged close to their outlines, its strands of moisture claiming all as its own.

Whereas most people might have found the fog to be a bit disconcerting, Alexis embraced it. The blinding white-grey veil stole her vision, but her other senses became heightened to make up for the lack. She could feel and hear more distinctly, and sounds that would have otherwise gone unnoticed made it to her ears. Within the fog’s pristine walls she felt protected, untouchable. She could hear what happened in the streets around her, but she resided in a world all her own.

As she reveled in the cloud-like vapor, the vibrations of a quickly falling object hit her ear. Ducking for cover, she looked up in time to see [member="Jared Ovmar"] land where she had just been. She couldn’t say she was too surprised at his entrance, given how the first time they’d met he’d done something similar. Nevertheless, he’d nearly squished her!

When he hit her with a lopsided grin, her mood quickly shifted. Belligerence became amusement, and Alexis stood, placing a hand on her hip. Her lips curved into the come-hither smile she’d perfected over the years and her eyes took on a teasing light.

“I’d say so, but who would want to be stuck in the heat? Yuck. I’d much rather make my own.”

[member="Dak Canton"]

Marcus Tritum

M
Along the road to the palace, who should I see but [member="Jared Ovmar"]. I knew the Fringe dealt with Sith, but having half the High Council comprised of different shades of evil just didn't sit right by me. There's baddies in every government though and we had people to balance 'em out. Still.... Sith are pricks.

I caught a glimpse of the dame he was talking to and lurched to a halt. Aw hell. Alexis near the palace and wearing... well, whatever she was wearing.

Trying to keep a straight face, I tried to keep walking right past the two. The fog wasn't that thick though and the street wasn't too wide. Muscles in my jaw tensed. Just keep walkin'.

[member="Alexis Braend"]

TB-705

T
A tiny, furry figure wandered out of the mists. He wore a necklace of human skulls, taken from slain members of the famed Mandalorian separatist group known as the Deathwatch. He also what appeared to be wearing a human scalp as some sort of repulsive head dress. The Ewok was none other than Yub Yub, the Black Suns Crime Lord who had won some renown by blowing up the Dreadstar destroyer in the face of the ignominious pirate, RC 212.

YubYub scratched the brown fur of his slightly pudgy belly and glanced around with beady little black eyes. He was on Annaj for a business deal that had to do with drugs and Zeltron sex slaves and all sorts of other horribly interesting things. Unfortunately, the deal didn't occur for another several hours so he had some time to kill. He'd been on his way to the nearest irrepputable "gentleman's" club when suddenly what should he see but a foin' lookin' dame walkin' cross the street in a black, backless dress and heels that made her calves go "hello."

Oh, and some other person was with her or something, but whatever. YubYub didn't care.

He walked straight up to Miss Right Now and squeaked, "Hey there dame, wanna let me buy yuz a drink, eh?"

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Alexis Braend"]

A wide smile curved Alexis’ lips as she caught a glimpse of [member="Dak Canton"].

“Yoohoo,” She called with a pout. “Tall, dark and muscular! I really hope you don’t think you can walk by without giving me a proper hello.”

He seemed to be trying his best to stay hidden, but that only gave her more of a reason to call him over. It was too much fun teasing him to pass up on such a perfectly good opportunity.

[member="Jared Ovmar"] had yet to respond, but she was sure that when he did she’d have no trouble keeping both males suitably entertained. One thing she hadn’t been expecting, however, was the squeaky pile of fluff that came out of the mists.

Alexis could flirt with the best of them, but doing so with the Lilliputian teddy bear would be too revolting. Not only did his necklace of human skulls clatter together with every movement he chose to make, but upon his head was what appeared to be the scalp of some poor wretch who’d been unlucky enough to make contact with the ferocious pipsqueak. Facing him, Alexis cast about for a suitable response to his come-on.

“Why not,” she said with a dainty shrug. “I’ve never been one to turn down a free drink."

Once again addressing the other two males, she asked, "Well boys, are you coming?"

[member="YubYub the Vengeful"]

TB-705

T
Dak kept walking, "Some other time, miss, got a meeting." Then the tendrils of mist curled about him and he disappeared into the fog.

Jared Ovmar seemed to have lost his tongue, which left just YubYub and [member="Alexis Braend"]. The furry Ewok grinned impishly and looked her up and down with beady little eyes that said all sorts of wicked things all on their own, though they were obviously excusable seeing as how he was a walking teddy bear. "Looks like it's just us, eh?" He didn't look sorry about it. "Oh well."

"'ere's lemme show yuz to a nice place, 'uh? 'im shour yu'll liek dis place," he squeaked. Reaching a furry paw up, he grabbed her by the hand and started to lead her in the direction of a rather seedy looking diner. The Crime Lord teddy bear was not a particularly stupid individual and he had more on his mind than just the dame. That was Jared friggin' Ovmar she'd been talkin' to after all, not that he'd acknowledged the man's existence. Maybe she had some dirt on him. He could use some nasty dirty. Never hurt to have a bag full of crap on people lying around. Easier to manipulate 'em with.

"Meh name's Yub Yub by teh way."

They reached the diner and the waitress smiled somewhat nervously at the Ewok. The diner staff knew the little devil as he tended to frequent the place. The uncouth Ewok did tend to cause a scene on occasion. Mostly just by talking.

"'ey yuz, 'ow bout yuz get us a seat for two, eh?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom