Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost of You

The mourners had all left, the last rites long given and forgotten about.Still, Delila stood in dress blues, honoring her dead half-brother. He had left the Republic not so long ago, who knew he would have died off the battlefield than on it? She wouldn't have expected it to be honest Delila always thought the man would die leading charge to some cause.

The Major had not seen her brother since he left the Republic and now it looked like she would never speak to him again. Taking a deep breath, she rested a small bunch of white lilies on the casket. She paused for a long second, reflecting on the life Davin had led. There was nothing else she could do now.

"I'm sorry Davin. I should have did more for you."

@[member="Delila Castillon"]
Monty arrived in after the others had left, to avoid potential questions about why he looked so much like the man in the casket, who's wound was covered by a large bandage. He had arrived in a luxury speeder without his bodyguard and dressed in his formal black attire. He may have killed his father but he figured the least he could do for the man was pay last respects. Perhaps he didn't deserve to die like that. Perhaps. He wore one of his father's black slugthrower revolvers on his hip and carried his normal arangement of concealed slugthrowers in addition to his long knife, which he'd used to kill his father.

He walked past the woman in a uniform and laid down flowers on his father's grave, lighting up a cigar as he did so. His black sunglasses reflected the embers as he read over the tombstone.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

Delila slowly took in the appearance of the man standing next to her. Young. Probably thought himself a ladies man or a smooth talker. Her brow furrowed, knowing Davin had shied away from the Republic and aligned himself with a mercenary type group. A solider from their ranks? Delila didn't see this as likely, perhaps it was the age or the mere fact she had noticed the amount of antique looking slugthrowers on his body. As a soldier, she was no idiot. The woman could tell when things were concealed most of the time. This was one of those times.

Reaching on her hip, Delila unholstered her blaster and rested her hand on the trigger. She slowly brought the weapon into the mans view, keeping the aim at his throat and lower face.

"What are you doing with my brothers weapon? Don't lie either, unless you want that cigar rearranged across your face"

He never knew his father had any siblings. He scowled slightly as his apparent aunt pointed a blaster toward his throat.

"Brother how? Military wise or family? And as to where I got the weapon, it's my birth rite, the least that son of a queen could give me after leaving me on karking Tatooine." Monty said as he turned to face the woman, hand resting on the pommel of the revolver, not gripping, just resting. If the woman fired Monty was confident enough that he could draw and put a large hole in her guts in the amount of time it took her to fire.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

With that cheery attitude its no wonder he left you on Tatooine.

Delila watched his hand move to his own weapon, waiting. Apparently the Kid thought himself a fast draw or so intimidating he needed no weapon. Either way, Delila was far from impressed with the performance. She stared down worse on the battlefield, a fresh-faced kid who couldn't even grow facial hair yet was a walk in the park. Well, not quite. All those teenage hormones clouded regular thought, making this Kid possibly enough of an idiot to try something.

"Brother as in we share the same mother. I don't see how this matters. I'm asking for one simple slugthrower. I see at least three more on your body, so surely you're not lacking for them. Besides, who the hell are you to have it?"

"His son." Monty replied angrily. He could feel some of the waves of arrogance running off of the woman. He knew what she was thinking, young kid or myself a vet? What sort of contest was that. Normally she would be right.

But normally a seventeen year old kid hadn't been pulling hits for a hutt since he was six years old before taking control of said hutt's operation. Let auntie underestimate him. So many others had done it before and paid, the thought brought a grin to the young man's face.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

Delila frowned, looking the boy up and down. There were some hints of Davin but nothing that shouted at her. Davin never told her about a child but that didn't mean anything. The kid perhaps never even knew Davin until recently. It wouldn't surprise her. Frowned deepened before turning into a more neutral expression. The blaster was still ready to shoot.

"Are you now? I would say we have a family reunion on our hands then."

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

Delila viewed themselves at an impasse. She wasn't going to blow the kids head off, not quite yet anyways. It would be embarrassing to suddenly start murdering family members, no how much they were annoying. Sighing, Delila didn't put the blaster away, only an idiot would do that. However she was at a loss for words or actions. It wasn't everyday she learned of a nephew.

"So what now? Do I take you to the toy store and out for ice cream?"

"We could talk a bit? How many of us are there?" Monty asked with genuine curiosity. In the five minutes he'd known his father before murdering him Monty hadn't thought to ask how large his family was besides his mother. @[member="Delila Castillon"]

What an odd day it had become.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

Talk. That was something she had not expected. She mulled it over for a second, the kid seemed really interested. Probably never knew Davin and wanted to know more about the family. Of course it should be expected...Delila would have many questions herself if she was in the same position.

"Sure, lets put the blasters away, huh?" In a show of trust that Delila truly hoped wouldn't come back to bite her, the Major returned her blaster back to its proper spot on her hip.

"In terms of family....we don't share a father, just a mother. So I for our blood relations its mine and Davins mother...your grandmother....and my twin brother. Of course on the Castillon side there are many cousins, aunts, uncles...you know the entire deal. "

Monty moved his hand away from the revolver.

"What do you do for a living?" Monty asked, knowing she was military but unsure of the specifics of her job, branch, and rank.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

Delila hadn't expected that question. At least she was gathering some of his interest, which was good. To her untrained eye it looked as if Monty needed some type of positive influence or guidance. Apparently Davin had left the boy adrift and it was perhaps up to her to help out. Or at least try to as much as possible, there was only so much she could do.

"I'm a Major for the Republic Army" Delila paused and looked him over, pleased the hand moved away from the blaster. "What about you? What do you do?Where is your mother? Do you go to school?"

Monty chuckled and said "Certainly not anything like that, Imports and Exports outta Mos Espa, Tatooine. She's in the hotel I set up for her to manage, used to be a bartender slash waitress. Not since I was six, though I'm educated."

He wasn't sure if he was willing to tell his only other living relative besides his mother about what he actually did.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

Delila arced an eyebrow. No kid that young, at least coming from a single mother, had that kind of many to do an "import/export" business. Unless the mothers family had a business prior but it seemed to her it wasnt the case. Especially if the mother was in a hotel set up by the child in front of her. Interesting...the plot kept thickening. However she was treading on careful ground now, having just met Monty and trying not to rock an already shaky boat.

"I see....and Davin never helped your mother?"

Monty's face darkened and dark side energy rippled slightly off of him as the rage grew.

"Not once in his life." Monty growled out with a scowl. The man had made more money than his mother ever could have with her occupation, but now Monty had surpassed him in material wealth. Done what no "child" was supposed to be able to achieve.

@[member="Monty Jusik"]

"Sorry to bring up bad memories"

Delila looked at their surroundings, it was getting dark and probably best if she left. The woman dug around in her jacket and handed the young man a business card containing her information. She was leaving the ball in his court. Perhaps because of Davin he would not need her presence, or welcome it. Nothing she was going to push at the moment. At least the kid knew now.

"I should be going. Just....let me know if you need something. My personal comm is on the back of the card..."

"Alright Aunt. I'll be getting in touch." Monty said, taking the card. He looked to his father's grave and felt something odd. A pang of guilt and regret. Monty wasn't used to such feelings, what was bringing them out? His eyes narrowed as he looked to the grave, reflecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom