Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Annihilation of Lowick

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC INFO

Intent:
Expand on Bryn'adul lore and activity

Image Credit: n/a

Canon: n/a

Permissions: n/a

Links:

GENERAL INFO

Media Name
:
Annihilation of Lowick

Format: Holonet news article

Distribution: Common

Length: 3 pages

Description: "Annihilation of Lowick" was a news article that appeared on the Holonet around 855ABY. The article, originally published by a small outer-rim media platform, quickly circulated the Galaxy but soon petered out within the year, drowned out by more major goings on. The article makes stark claims of Lowick's destruction and subsequent terraforming at the hands of a mysterious and ruthless alien army.

SOCIAL INFO

Author
:
nondescript media platform in the outer-rim

Publisher: various news outlets across the Galaxy

Reception: Equal parts skepticism as there was shock. The genocide of the Pa'lowick species and the terraforming of their home's once lush rainforests into a wasteland of ash and charged storm clouds briefly generated a tirade of conspiracy theories, outrage, shock and skepticism.

FORMAT INFO
n/a

CONTENT INFO
Annihilation of Lowick describes the Bryn'adul's domination of Lowick and their subsequent terraforming of the world. Details are sparse and there are few facts and figures save for the estimated number of casualties (assumed to be the entire species). Excerpt from various publications on the annihilation of Lowick:

"Lowick's lush equatorial rainforests and prosperous cities have been reduced to ash at the hands of an unknown threat. The very few that managed to escape the annihilation of their home claim to have barely fled with their lives from a vast army of biological horrors the likes of which the Galaxy has not seen since the invasion of the Yuuzhan-vong." (...) "Massive beasts tearing up the ground and pumping out billions of tons of noxious atmosphere". (...) "After hearing of its destruction we visited the world. From orbit it was unrecognizable. It was covered in thick red cloud. What glimpses we got of the surface were just grey and black. It was like the whole place had been burnt to a crisp. We didn't stay long. We left in a heartbeat when our sensors picked up life-signs in orbit. Life signs in orbit? What kind of ships are they?" (...) "'Yes I was there. What did I see? You don't understand. These things are huge. And they are beserk. They've got 10ft hulks running around with guns, four-armed creatures that rip a man to shreds in a breath and, from what I could see, they had something eating up the ground".

HISTORICAL INFO
The invasion of Lowick by the Bryn'adul in 855ABY resulted in its complete surface annihilation. With no intention to take prisoners, the Pa'Lowick species is all but extinct save for the very few that may have escaped or reside in the greater galaxy.

Upon victory the Bryn'adul terraformed the world to their liking and began immediately to exploit its resources. Strip mining operations to feed their insatiable war-machine and large bases constructed to reinforce their rapidly growing territory.
After Lowick's fall, the odd silence begged investigation from surrounding media platforms. Observation of the world from orbit and witness testaments quickly built the story that Lowick had been victime of invasion from an as yet unknown galactic menace.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Hrajlmak'Natok Hrajlmak'Natok

I'll be doing this review for you. Unfortunately, this appears to be an incomplete submission, as you are missing two required sections from the template. Those being Content Information and Historical Information. As per the rules: The entire template must be used in your submission. The template's base fields are not to be changed/removed/altered with the exception of a Force Nexus.

You may also choose to include an Events section, but that part of the template is optional and is not required.

If you would like this moved to Pre-Codex while you work on those sections, please let me know. Otherwise, please tag me when you have completed your edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom