Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Gathr be Buurenaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
XEJx5A9.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

[*]Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Xander Carrick, Zephyr Carrick, Verd Clan, Locke and Key Mechanics
  • Model:
    "Gathr be Buurenaar" - Falconer of Storms
  • Previously named "Cabur be Resa Beskar'gam" - Guardian of Light Ironskin"

[*]Affiliation: Zephyr Carrick
[*]Modularity: Minor
[*]Production: Unique
[*]Material:

[*]Systems:

[*]Clothing:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Battle Armor
  • Weight: 27kgs - Average
  • Resistances
    Blasters: Immunity
  • Kinetic: High
  • Lightsabers: Very High
  • Sonic: Low
  • Acid: Very Low
  • Temperature: Average
  • Elements: Very Low
  • Ion/EMP: Very High

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Blaster/Laser weapon immunity (Magnus Metal)
  • Lightsaber Resistant
  • High Kinetic resistances.
Strengths:
  • Unbreakable Wall: Using a metal that has only been known to be used in a hand full of applications. Magnus Metal is extremely resilient to Lightsabers, Kinetic based weaponry, and have the unique ability to be immune to blaster fire. The metal is considered to have superior properties to Beskar albeit, barely.
  • Belts mean I am Cool: The Armor has been updated to the times to have HUD systems, and additions to the armor that fit and can be used by the wearer. Providing various utilities at their disposal. While it is not the top of the line, nor extensive, It is much better than having none at all.
Weaknesses:
  • Ticklish Armor: Utilizing plate armor, the entire suit has literal chinks in the armor where lightsabers, blaster bolts, slugs or melee weapons can slip through. While the plate armor is superior to beskar, the rest of the armor is not. Under the arms, back of the knees, joints of the ankles, wrists, and even the neck are all "exposed" from the plate armor.
  • Elemental Bane: While the armor does have various layers specifically meant to keep the wearer from overheating within the armor, or to regulate the suits temperature, it cannot resist the more extreme spectrum of elements. Heat, cold, and acids are all very effective against this armor.
  • Sticks and Stones: Plate armor is perfect against ranged, and even most melee based weaponry. However, the armor does not completely protect against the physical kinetic impact of weapons. While Blaster fire does no damage to the armor, the actual impact of the bolt hitting the armor can still be felt. Anything ranging from a well placed punch, or being crushed under weight can still harm and kill the wearer.
  • Touched: As with a couple of the items that have been installed to the armor, Select items have been imbued with the force to provide more utility to the wearer. However, should these select items enter a Force Nullification field, they will cease to work.
  • Achilles: The armor is impervious to Laser based weaponry, up to snuff to defend against Lightsabers, and other conventional weaponry. However, the true bane of this armor, is that it cannot resist everything. Even if the armor were to be hit with a Lightsaber, it can still be destroyed and broken by a Lightsaber given enough time, damage, or a lack of care for the armor. Large kinetic impacts can still crack the armor, damage it, destroy it. Its not completely invincible. Nothing ever is. Moreso, in order to destroy the armor, you need to use non-conventional weaponry, or tactics that could damage the wearer directly.
  • Sink or... sink: This armor is heavy on its own right. This is without any extras, no weapons, ammo, people, tools. Everything else is just adding more weight, and will only cause it to become more cumbersome. Weighing in just a tad above the average weight for Mandalorian Armors, It can be worn, but swimming, sprinting, going long distances, or even just wearing it for an extended amount of time can be very tiresome. One viable way to exploit this, is to hold your ground, and to let the wearer tire themselves out before making the final blow.
DESCRIPTION
Xander Carrick. Former Imperial Knight turned Jedi Master. Becoming a valued member within the Silver Jedi Order, and has since retired. A once powerful set of armor that he had received from a dear friend, has been passed down to his son. The Retired Jedi has since gone home and sees no need to use it, when instead, would see that this armor bring his son back home to him.

However, over the years, Xander has kept this armor hidden from the young boy. Letting him see the armor only once. The day that Zeph had denounced his ties with the Silver Jedi, joining the Mandalorian Crusaders, and started his path to becoming a Wanderer. In these years, Zephyr has had to survive on his own. Learning from mistakes and misfortunes the hard way around. However, receiving a message from his father, made the man return home. Voss. Upon seeing the planet taken over by the Sith, and ravaged by war, Zeph, sought a return to the Jedi. Seeking to atone for his sins, and to not bring his homeworld back, but sought to only do what he believed was right.

Finding his father, Xander gifted him the armor. Simply stating thus,

"Stand with others, or alone. With this, I will always be by your side."

Taking it, Zephyr made various modifications to the armor that would better suit his needs, as well as updating the systems to a more modern state. While not the top of the line, or the best armor out there in terms of utility, it still offers a wide arsenal, as well as protection to boot.

This armor is no longer Xander's, but Zephyr. The proclaimed Stormbird.

-Updates:
Updated Format to fit current factory standards
Added weaknesses
Added utilities
Modified structure of armor
Pretty much changed everything.

Old Submission Format.
Image Source: Original art, Edited art
Intent: To create a set of Mandalorian armor to represent his current status with the Mandalorians, as well as provide Xander with the utmost protection against blasters, Lightsabers, and the general wear and tear of war.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Carrison Tech and Fashion, Self made.
Model: Cabur be Resa Beskar'gam - Mando'a Translation "The Guardian of Light Iron Skin"
Affiliation: Xander Carrick
Modularity: Minor
Production: Unique
Material:

• Magnus plate metal.
  • Blast-resistant Kama
  • Armorweave body glove
  • Hydrostatic Gel layer
  • Shell Spider Silk Cloak
  • B'sant visor
Classification: All purpose battle armor
Weight: 25kg
Quality: 9
Additional Items:

Special Features:
  • Very High Lightsaber resistance
  • Immune to Blaster fire
  • High Slugthrower resistance.
  • Less armor on the arms allow more movement with weapons.
  • Sealed vacuum with oxygen supply of about an hour.
  • Hydrostatic Gel keeps the user cold in hot environments and warm in the cold.
Weaknesses:
  • Alot of chinks in the armor. Mainly on the arms, and at the neck.
  • EMP can still shut down HUD systems.
  • Kenetic hits can still bruise and break bones.
  • Hydrostatic can't withstand extreme cold or extreme hot for a long time.
  • Jetpack can be damaged easily.
Heads up Display:
  • Nightvision
  • Lowlight Imaging
  • Infrared
  • Armor output
  • Motion sensor
  • Ally/Enemy tagging system
  • Mapping system
  • Encrypted Communications link
  • Microbinoculars
  • Holo Recorder
  • Domelights (one on each side of helm)
  • Oxygen Filtration System
Description:
Created from the old armor of a friend of Xanders who had lost his way, The Magnus metal is impervious to blaster fire, and has a very high resistance to lightsabers. Even more so because of the tensile strength of the armor plating, it can stop a slugthrower, however, on the thinner portions of the armor, such as the helm and forearms, it can bend it. Needing repaired as soon as possible.

The armor design allows for alot of movement in the arms to use lightsabers, and a hammer to the highest proficiency. Meaning that Xander can literally get into the thick of battle, and dish out as many hits as he can receive them. In a term. "Hitting like a hammer, while taking hits like an Anvil." With the many additions to the armor, about the only modularity without actually scrapping the armor would be the coloration changes.

The coloration is very important to a mandalorian. Even more so with a Jedi master. Jedi take symbolic values from alot of things. So why not their armor as well? With the majority of the colors being black, it symbolizes Justice. Grey comes in for the Love of a Lost one, Red of honoring a parent, and blue most of all for reliability. This makes the armor very special to Xander. Wanting to make this in memory of this father Zayne Carrick that lived during the time of the Mandalorian Wars. As well as symbolize his own legacy that will live on after Xander should perish.
Primary Sources:

Xander Carrick said:
Magnus plate metal.
Could you explain what Magnus metal is? A quick search through google doesn't bring anything up, and if it is a prior submission I would like to have it linked.

[member="Silara Kuhn"],
It is already linked at the bottom in "Primary Sources" where it belongs. The linked thread at the top mentioning obtaining metal from Xardus is where I recieved the metal from a friend who submitted an armor sub with it. The metal is an Event prize given to him during the Masks of Madness Event back in October. I'll go ahead and link the armor again for you anyways.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/14889-magnus-armor/

[member="Silara Kuhn"],
"All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made."

According to the underlined word of construction, that also can be used in the idea of detailing how the Gauntlet would be made, and in what fashion due to blueprints. In the thread listed of "Making Crushgaunts" it details in what fashion they will be created by way of hologram blueprints.

It too, is already in the listed area. I will link it for reference.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/51548-im-getitng-a-little-handsy/

[member="Silara Kuhn"],

I was told by [member="Ijaat Akun"] that this would count as a Dev thread for the Beskar? If I was wrongly informed, I can do another thread if you wish.

Xander Carrick said:
[member="Silara Kuhn"],

I was told by [member="Ijaat Akun"] that this would count as a Dev thread for the Beskar? If I was wrongly informed, I can do another thread if you wish.
He was waiting to complete the development thread with you.

[member="Silara Kuhn"],

I have posted last in the thread. So either I am waiting on him, or we need to do a new thread where we actually make it. [member="Ijaat Akun"]

[member="Silara Kuhn"],

Edited the submission to be without the Crushgaunts. According to Akun, it would be wiser to have the Crushgaunts, and the armor on different submissions due to the amount of information needed.

Xander Carrick said:
Sealed vacuum with oxygen supply of about an hour. Hydrostatic Gel keeps the user cold in hot enviroments and warm in the cold.
Xander Carrick said:
Hydrostatic can't withstand extreme cold or extreme hot.
If the suit can survive in space the suit can survive in extreme cold/heat, as space is at time the most hot and the most cold regions of the entire galaxy - unless you are inside of a star or the center of a volcano, there will be rarely any instances where you will be colder or hotter than various points in space.

Xander Carrick said:
Heavy weight means he won't go swiming in it. Nor sneaking around after the ladies.

Xander Carrick said:
Allows for superior movement due to magnus metal being thinned out. This allows for Xander to attack very aggressively.
These two contradict each other, if the armor is heavy you won't be able to move quickly, especially when the armor weighs in at 25kg, which is about a third the average mass/weight of humans. Thinning out metal isn't going to do much except reduce the strength of the armor, it does not in any way impact the maneuverability of it in any positive way. if it is thin enough that it bends to the wearer's movements, it is not thick enough to defend as intended from a lightsaber strike or slugthrower round.

Having read this over and made a ruling on the re-use of event tech. I'm going to make a very clear stipulation here, do not abuse this. This is powerful armor, but you are still not invincible, nor is the armor indestructible. Keep this in mind.

Approved.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Zephyr Priest"]

A long and nice sub. As the metal is an old event metal I believe I have to let it side. However there is a few things I do need.

Weight for one needs an actual rating. You can keep the actual weight cause it's pretty cool.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/120430-lk-hermes/ and http://starwarsrp.net/topic/121089-minerva-hud-system/ are both company locked. You will need to add the company to the list of producers with their permission.

Do you have a receipt link that could add for these at all? http://starwarsrp.net/topic/129328-ziedrich-shield-system/, http://starwarsrp.net/topic/127520-duramesh/ and http://starwarsrp.net/topic/109549-kiindray-leather/.

Since you aren't linked to the mandalorian empire or house verd can as far as I can see unless you have evidence otherwise how are you able to use these two? http://starwarsrp.net/topic/85728-reclaimer-kama/ and http://starwarsrp.net/topic/92929-taaktabi-bone-marchers/

[member="Tom Taff"],

Tom Taff said:
Weight for one needs an actual rating. You can keep the actual weight cause it's pretty cool.
Put the armor to the Average rating due to it being just barely heavier than most Mandalorian armors of the same caliber. If you want me to change that, let me know.

Character Sheet here has various links and resources where I have been a part of the Verd Clan. However, Due to the nature of some of the items, I will go ahead and link the threads in which I earned those items and their use. Zephyr has been apart of the Verd clan since his conception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom