Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Masters

So, during our discussions for expansion of the board in the Staff Room, we came upon the the idea of Roleplays ran by "Game Masters"....essentially Roleplayers who have proven they're capable of quality writing and are consistent enough to run their own games with roleplayers fulfilling the role of an adventuring party, the protagonist, or the antagonist, much like a Dungeon Master would in Dungeons & Dragons.

This idea would receive it's own forum and provide a new outlet in the Roleplaying Forums for roleplayers to interact and run/request their own games.

Would anyone be interested in this, and if so, who of you would be interested in becoming "Game Master" qualified? You could still roleplay normally as your own characters in the General Role-playing Forum, or in other Game Master games, but you'd be able to run your own games and request other people to join them. As a Game Master, you would be in control of the NPCs & the environment surrounding the characters who join your game...very much like Dungeons & Dragons.

I'm inexperienced with this type of roleplay you suggest, but it doesn't seem to difficult, and I would like to think I make quality writing :) I would be interested in this, and it sounds like a good idea. A draw back might be however is time. My school work (unfortunately) has to come first (and I need to get better about that). Would this disqualify me then?

Netherworld

Game masters can be a whole load of fun.^^ while I'm not about to apply for game mastership anytime soon, I think it's a great idea anyway. :D I'd love to participate in this type of rp as well. :)

I've had the same idea a couple times. I might do one or two if the board is up.

Don't have people apply for the position of GM, though. Just let people do it like any other Roleplay. *shrug* No need to set up gates of entry. Let people apply by who wants to RP with them as the GM, ie, just let anyone GM and let the people decide if they join or not.

I am interested in the GMing spot.

EDIT: Would GMs give out already finished characters for writers to use, or at least classes or would the writer come up with their own character ? Cause if I am making a scenario say that has something to do with the underlevels of coruscant and it's criminal elements it would be odd for example for a Sith Master to pop in the story. It would also disbalance it.

I like this idea, and I am a bit experienced with this style of role playing. Been a Game Master a few times as well but i'm mediocre at it at best.

Artemis said:
I've had the same idea a couple times. I might do one or two if the board is up.

Don't have people apply for the position of GM, though. Just let people do it like any other Roleplay. *shrug* No need to set up gates of entry. Let people apply by who wants to RP with them as the GM, ie, just let anyone GM and let the people decide if they join or not.

^ Exactly that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom