Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fury VI - Class Imperial Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I'm allowed to simply post a tech thread out of the blue, but I'm trying to give more detail to the ship I listed as my character's personal.

It's nothing more but a modernized version of a previously already used Imperial Interceptor

fury.png
Intent: Swift and Agressive attacks on hostile starfighters and transport crafts.
Hero Unit: No.
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
Model: Interceptor and personal transport
Affiliation: The Empire
Modularity: Supports armor upgrades at the cost of maneuverability. Armaments can be upgraded as needed.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Kuat Systems Reinforced Light Durasteel
Description: The Fury VI - Class Imperial Interceptor is equipped with superior navigational systems and armored with reinforced light durasteel plates, making the ship highly agile and very fast. However, It's light plating renders it unable to sustain any higher amount of damage, and it's limited size doesn't allow for any effective shielding system to be installed. This makes it more of a hit-and-run styled ship. The Interceptor is designed to carry a large amount of ammunition, namely proton torpedoes and laser battery charges in order to be able to last as long as possible without landing for reload during battles, which made it cut down on fuel supply, thus making the ship unable to soloely fly relatively large distances.

Classification: Interceptor
Role: Interceptor - Personal Transport
Height: ? meters
Width: ? meters
Length: ? meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Fuel cells; supports an Ionization Reactor installment, however it requires massive changes to the ship and thus requires a large amount of credits
Hyperdrive Rating: 2
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1 supported with built in ship AI; up to 3 crew members
Armaments:
  • 4 Precision Laser Cannons
  • 2 Proton Torpedo Launchers (8 torpedoes per clip, 2 clips per launcher)
Hangar: None
Non-Combative Attachments: Sensor array, Advanced navigational AI systems
Passenger Capacity: 6
Cargo Capacity: 500 kg - mainly used for consumable storage
Consumables: 1 week
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 1

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
God okay so there is a ton of things that are inconsistent with how we do tech entries here. First off the description no longer makes sense in the modern era compared to the TOR era. For instant a ship this size is almost too large to not have a shield. As opposed to too small to have a shield. The armaments on this thing are rather insane. 60 missiles 4 laser cannons and 2 blasters? nope. Also at speed 1 it is faster than most fighters which is a bit off in the modern era as well. Something like this would be at speed 3 or 4. If you can modify more in line with other tech entries, I may approve it.

Thanks for the response. As this is meant to be an interceptor over a personal transport, I will rather scale it down than drastically lower it's speed, which is the key to actually being an interceptor. Scaling it down would probably justify the lack of shields as well.
What scale would be optimal to allow the speed to remain Class 1?

As for the armaments, editing right now. I'll remove the auto turrets completely and lower the ammount of available missiles. I believe the 4 Precision laser cannons need no nerfing since that same component was present as it is even on the TOR era Interceptor.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Before I continue, are you joining the Sith Empire? If so you might want to wait. I intend to do a fighter submission that is an interceptor for like Sith Knights and such in the Empire. I don't mean to discourage you from posting but if it is something you're interested in it could be a good alternative.

Indeed, I have already joined the faction as a Sith Apprentice. If that is the case then I probably should put this on hold / scrap this, since yeah, what's the point in having two different fighters of the same class and purpose.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
I will shoot this into the archives. It might take a few days to get the fighter up, I'm busy with a bunch of projects. But I promise it's coming, just watch the factory and the Sith Forums. If you don't like what I post later we can revisit it as a unique craft for your character. I'm more than willing to work with you and if you post it you can send me a PM and I'll go ahead and look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom