Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Fuegranna (Personal Weapon for Taryc Ap'Irae)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a Force Imbued sword for Taryc Ap'Irae that can shoot flames.
Development Thread: Imbue, Empower
Manufacturer: Taryc Ap'Irae
Model: Fuegranna Mk I
Affiliation: Taryc Ap'Irae
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel (force imbued), Lava crystal, leather
Classification: Sword
Size: One-Handed
Length: Blade: 81 cm, Hilt 13 cm
Weight: 3 kg
Special Features: Lightsaber resistant, blaster deflecting, flame emitting
Description: Taryc has always had a thing for fire. As an inquisitor of the Primeval, she had been trained to convert or kill heretics, and fire has always been her favorite tool. Training for becoming an Inquisitor included extensive melee training, and her favored weapon was the single handed arming blade. When she finally became a full fledged Inquisitor, she decided she needed to blend her two favorite tools together. She approached Lord Daemos and he showed her how to imbue a blade with the force and with fire. The creation process begot Fuegranna, Taryc's response to the lightsabers and blaster carried by her enemies and yet another way to set heretics aflame.

The blade is imbued with the force, giving it it's ability to deflect blaster bolts and resist lightsabers. The blade can also cut through materials such as armor similarly to a lightsaber, though some the harder the material, the greater the risk. As it is a physical blade there are certain stresses that have to be taken into consideration. Cutting to quickly into a material that offers resistance has the possibility to snap the blade, which is not so with lightsabers. The blade can deflect lightning, but does not store it. As it is imbued with aspects of fire shaping, it is practically immune to all but the highest temperatures and is resistant to cold, though an effect that does sudden freezing could affect the blade adversely for a time, e.g. If a sudden freeze happens on the blade as it is striking a surface it could damage or destroy the blade. As with the force imbued blades of old, Fuegranna is fully capable of damaging force ghosts and dark side spirits.

Likewise with the force imbued blades of old, Fuegranna requires a focus crystal to be married into the matrix of the blade. Taryc chose a lava crystal for similar effects it has when used as a lightsaber crystal. The imbuement with this type of crystal and the intent Taryc had while forging it both physically and within the force, means that when active, the blade can set non-metallic, non-fire-proof material on fire. She can not shoot flames out of the sword, but she can overcome flame-retardant materials with only a few strokes. Continued contact with a metallic surface while the blades imbuement is activated can cause the metal to heat rapidly and even melt depending on the metal and type of contact.

Activating the blade, as opposed to the mechanics of a lightsaber, instead require focus from the wielder. When Taryc focuses on the blade and using the blade, the imbuement activates, causing a colored wreath of flame to encompass the blade, color and intensity depending on the depth of the focus. Lower levels cause an orange flame and minimal cutting power, lower middle levels cause the flame to brighten to yellow and offer more cutting power, higher middle levels of focus cause the flame blade to turn white and allow the blade to cut far easier.

At the utmost level of concentration and focus, the flame around the blade seems to almost vanish except in the ultra-violet spectrum where it is a tight, blue blade of force fire. At this level of focus, the blade can cut at least as easily as a lightsaber, possibly better. This level of concentration/focus takes a great deal of effort. An Initiate level wielder may be able to attain it in the most direst moments of need, a Knight/Spellweaver level wielder would find it mildly easier and be able to do simple force spells/abilities while maintaining it, an Elder/Master level wielder will be able to call upon it at need and utilize all but the most taxing force powers while doing so, though after the need for it is over the wielder experiences some level of lethargy, depending on the length of use and their power level.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Research Material
Canon Sources: 1, 2, 3

SW:Chaos Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ok. First off, I'd like to confirm... You're wanting this sword to be 19 inches in total length, including the handle and pommel, correct?

The submission is in line with all canon sources and the amount of work put into it compared to the capabilities of the submission is proportional with other similar submissions. However, I'm a bit confused by the lava crystal. I believe I understand the effect you're going for. "My sword's on fire." But to the best of my knowledge, Force Imbued Blades do not utilize focusing crystals to generate a plasma/energy blade in the same manner as a Lightsaber. Which, I'm sure you know. I need you to confirm for me the exact physical and visual effect you're going for with this submission and explain how the Lava Crystal helps the Force Blade achieve this. And I'd like that to be worked into the submission itself.

Other than that, I'd like to further expand on the capabilities of the blade. Lightsaber Resistant and Blaster Deflecting are great starting points, but I need you to elaborate for me any special (or mundane) effects this weapon has on armor. I need to know if you're going for any special cutting or piercing effects and what quality of armor you see this submission as being capable of cutting/piercing.

I'd also like to know how this weapon interacts with Force based attacks and elemental attacks. Absorbing Force Lightning is a given. But how does this weapon interact with Heat and Cold based attacks? What about Flamethrowers, Carbonite Guns, and CryoBan Grenades?

And finally... back to the Flame Emitting effect of the weapon. Does the weapon project the flame in any way? Does the weapon just coat itself in fire? Is this "fire" kinda fire that will catch clothing on fire or is this "Napalm" kinda fire that's going to stick to something after you whack it with your sword?

On the whole, I think it's a good submission and I think that the work put into it is solid. I just need these details worked into the submission and you should be good to go. Well... so long as your sword isn't transforming into lava and spraying napalm at everyone you point it at. ;)

[member="War Hydra"]

Edits made, the length was adjusted to be on par with typical arming swords, I had accidentally put in the numeric part of the overall weapon length in inches from my notes, not the correct blade length in centimeters. That has been fixed.

I have expanded on the blades abilities. In my research, mainly on the Force-imbued blade page of the Wookiee, it says that focusing crystals were used to create the force imbuement. I used the lava crystal to help give it the fiery abilities I desired.

I expanded the abilities, it does not have the alchemized ability to store or reflect lightning, but I figured deflecting it would be ok. If not, I can remove that. I have put in a similar cutting power to lightsabers, it is similar to what is said in the aformentioned wookiee page, just re worded by me with a specified listing of why cutting through mildly resistant materials is dangerous.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Ok. So far, I'm good with this. But I'd like one more detail before I can give my approval.

In another sub I researched, the blade generated increased cutting power as the user focused more intently on his sword. I liked that and felt it was a good depiction of how these weapons work.

Could you please include in this submission that Taryc must focus on her weapon/crystal to activate its flame effect, and that the intensity of fire it produces is dependent on how strong her focus is.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

MIB-Godzilla_o_117464.gif

Approved

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom