Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn

The doorway was large, but the Herglic who tried to step through it was larger. Muttering incomprehensible nothings, Orcus squeezed through until he popped into the office of one, [member="Sasha Santhe"].

A lavish office fit for a garish woman. Big black eyes stared at the surroundings before taking a seat in a kriin wood chair that had probably been the site of some burlesque show between Santhe and whatever poor soul she'd been closing. Sitting in the corner was a vase that looked to be one of the last surviving Corellian sandglass pieces.

At last, his attention turned to the woman of the hour. He met those dusky eyes.

"Well now, you have quite the collection, Miss Santhe."

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
[member="Hion the Herglic"] was always a pleasure to meet with. Sure he was a son of a queen, much like nearly all of Sasha's business associates, but he was also a friend. On top of that little, but important, fact Hion was also congenial and dealt fairly. "Yes, they are becoming a rarity since that incident." One way to put it. "Along with this." Sasha pulled out a bottle of Corellian whiskey. It was her favorite, always her favorite.

"I aquired this little bottle from a friend while at the latest performance of the herglic opera. I do love I do so much love the herglic opera. The melodies they perform..." Sasha shrugged as she took out two glasses. "Would you care for a drink?" she asked pouring her own. "I promise its very easy to swallow." And hopefully whatever business proposition the whale wanted would be as well.

"With an offer like that, how could I refuse?"

He grinned broadly. For those who knew the menace behind that jovial, sharp-edged smile, its sight could curdle blood. As she poured, he spoke.

"It is pleasing to hear that you enjoy the music of my people. Alas, would that your species could hear it in its full spectrum. Even so, it is hauntingly beautiful, is it not?"

Orcus eyed the glass filling with million dollar liquor. Amazing what pushing a race to the brink of extinction could do to their product values. He contemplated the possibilities of market surges via genocide. It would make an excellent prospectus. Perhaps he should reach out to Kaine Zambrano.

The Herglic hoisted the glass and sipped.

"Ah. Divine."

Not really. More like above average, but then he was no connoisseur.

"Now then, to business? I have a proposal." He reached inside his suit jacket, retrieved a folder full of flimsiplast, and handed it to the devious woman. "A contract with Darkwater Security. A chance to upgrade the physical safety of Santhe corporation's many facilities."

[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Sasha Santhe

"What can I say?" the woman shrugged, "War is profitable." Raising the glass she took a sip and smiled at her Herglic friend. Although there was menace, anger, hate, and above all greed, none of these emotions had ever been directed at her. And why would they? She made him money. "I have personal security forces. I handle it in house to save on cost, and to project power throughout the galaxy. There are however certain sites which could use additional security." Sasha paused for a moment giving [member="Hion the Herglic"] a once over, appraising, glance. "I like having friends though, and I enjoy doing favors and making deals for those friends."

Steeping her hands in thought Sasha thought for another brief moment. "Secondary security at factories where Santhe Security has minimal presence is doable. We are spread across the galaxy and logistically it makes sense to subcontract. But tell me, what services can you provide? You are a security corporation but what assets do you have other than hulking whales."

Sasha had something in mind, and yet she wasn't sure Darkwater was up to the task, at least not how they were now.

"We also produce and install advanced tamper-proof biometric locks and life form scanners with facial recognition software that we run through law enforcement databases. If it comes back with a hit on a BOLO or an active warrant the security will be notified. It can also be modified to alert security when specific faces match, or if the life form is hidden under a cloaking device, which would nullify the recognition abilities."

He swirled the liquor around in the glass before taking another sip. "Does this interest you?"

[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Sasha Santhe

Sasha smiled back. "It is an interesting proposal." She had her own security, and they worked out well, however subcontracting certain area's and more volatile zones to Hion would help limit her own liability. "i'd have to see the specs for these devices and know exactly what is being installed in my facilities before I can agree. Standard procedure, I'd be negligent otherwise. While I trust you I have to make sure there aren't any exploits that a clever thief or corporate spy could use. And if there are any I would need to make sure both your security and mine are briefed on them as to better work around the equipment."

OOC: Techsubs? or wiki links?

[member="Hion the Herglic"]

"But of course."

A flipper reached inside the suit jacket and produced a dossier full of the particulars. He handed the file to [member="Sasha Santhe"]. Let this be said for Orcus of Giju, let it be said that he was thorough.

"You will find the details on the devices inside. Peruse it at your leisure."

He took another swill of the absurdly overpriced liquor and drained it to the last drop. The cetacean held the glass up to the light and stared mournfully at its emptiness.

"I say, you must be trying to get me drunk and swindle me, offering such a fine vintage."

Sasha Santhe

Sasha laughed a little as she looked over the catalog provided by the Herglic. “Hion my friend, I think you have a slight advantage in weight in tolerance over me.” It was impolite to call a herglic big, Sasha knew that and so she emphasized the word slight. True enough, she was rather dainty if nothing else. The fact was that even most humans had that advantage over her. “I promise you that I would never swindle a friend.”

Extending her hand to [member="Hion the Herglic"] Sasha gave him a smile. “So far this deal is satisfactory. Regardless of anything else I will contract with you to upgrade security devices throughout my facilities and provide physical security at certain sensitive locations, or zones that may require additional security. Tell me my friend, how are your company's relations with the Republic and other government bodies? As you know I am neutral, but may require some additional backing in those places that are a bit more hostile towards entities that make money.”

Big, conical teeth clacked idly as he tried to decide whether or not to feel slighted at the mention of weight. True enough, his girth made matters difficult for others. Always apologizing for breaking furniture, for stepping on toes, for crushing people against the walls in a turbo lift. Still, he could not find fault with her verbiage. He did have an advantage in weight.

"Ah, the Republic..."

Orcus rose and gripped the proffered hand, flipper engulfing her delicate fingers.

"I sell my security services only to those in Tion and the Trade Federation. The Herglic Trade Empire is a more neutral entity, but I have no wish to contract with a dying horse, whipped into the ground. Unless, of course, I can profit from selling its corpse for glue."

Wide lips grinned. Blubber folded over blubber as Orcus bent and kissed the back of Sasha's hand.

"A pleasure as always, Miss Santhe."

[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom