Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashpoint: Roche

Flashpoint: Roche
COMING SOON!

The Roche Asteroids are the home of the insectoid Verpine, masters of high technology. Two political parties compete within the Roche hierarchy. One supports the Republic and has recently begun working on a new fighter for use by the Jedi Knights and the Republic navy. The other party supports the Sith, and recently developed a new sort of power generator whose prototype is rumored to have incredible potential. Both factions want the industrial strength of the Roche Asteroids. Both factions want the new generator and the fighter production facilities alike.

The Republic will already have advisers at the fighter production facility asteroid, and the Sith will have their own small troop garrison at the generator facility. The plans are in a neutral location, a high-security vault asteroid, and the leaders of both factions are in the Capital Asteroid. Both the Capital and the vault are located between the fighter production facility and the generator facility, at a distance from each other.

Objectives and rewards:
Winning the battle will allow your faction to claim the Roche Asteroids as your territory with a simple thirty post mop up thread. However there are a number of objectives which provide further rewards and help us gauge victory conditions. They are as follows.
1. Secure the prototype generator or deny the enemy of its use (Prize: prototype generator).
2. Secure the prototype plans or deny the enemy of its use (Prize: prototype generator plans).
3. Kill (Sith) or capture (Republic) the local leader of opposition party while keeping your ally viable (If you do this you don't need to do a mop-up thread to claim the Roche Asteroids).
4. Secure or deny the enemy fighter production facility (Prize: special fighter tech entry).

Rules:

You must, at all times, tag your posts in relation to one of the following locations: Fighter Production Asteroid, Generator Asteroid, Nickel One (Capital Asteroid), Vault Asteroid.
Roche G99 (Fighter Production Asteroid) -- A large industrial facility, heavily defended. Possible start point for Republic players.

Roche Hive Research Station (Generator Asteroid) -- A large scientific research base, heavily defended. Possible start point for Sith Empire players.

Capital Asteroid ‘Nickel One’ -- Heavily populated and well defended, home to thousands or millions of Verpine. A gigantic asteroid city.

The Vault (Vault Asteroid) -- Secure storage facility, moderately defended. Its secrecy has been breached by both sides. It contains the plans for the prototype generator.

More detailed descriptions are found at the end of the post, including locations of objectives.

Roche asteroid event counts as an invasion, including all rules for applying for aid.

Fleet action and starfighter combat, in and around the asteroids, are permissible. Much of the action will be personal combat inside the asteroids (or between them, if space suits are involved). Of course, those involved in personal combat should be careful not to attract the attention of nearby enemy starships. Remember to check your faction’s armory for pertinent information. All ‘fleets’ will need to be approved by event staff for fairness and realism. It is difficult and dangerous to move massive fleets in an asteroid belt.
If you want something to happen, like the fighters be ready to move, or to break down the vault doors, please RP an action and then request in the OOC thread that Event Staff respond, either IC about it, or in the OOC thread giving permission for an action. It wouldn’t really be fair if you just RPed picking up all the resources and leaving now would it?

Remember, a healthy role play is dependant upon a healthy out of character discussion. If you do something that everyone should be aware of, destroy a command ship, kill or maim an enemy leader. Post about it in the OOC thread and let everyone know so they can properly react to events.

Location Descriptions:

Roche G99 (Fighter Production Asteroid): An industrial base in the process of creating a new starfighter for the Republic. Production has only just begun, and none of the new starfighters are ready to fly. The Republic has sent a group of advisors to help aid the project. These stout military men have set up defenses within the asteroid ready to spirit away plans and prototypes should need arise. The vessels however need more time before they can be transported away to safety and will require protection as hostilities increase. The asteroid itself is protected by turbolasers, pop up blasters, and mined passages. It is surrounded by a dense cloud of smaller asteroids, preventing capital ships from getting close. This is a possible starting point for Republic characters not wishing to start with the fleet. Only the inhabited and industrial areas of this asteroid have artificial gravity and atmosphere, forcing any invading force to either assault the frontal bay with it’s turbolasers and automated defenses, or slog through old mine shafts in near weightless conditions. The fighter and designs represent a huge leap forward in post plague fighter technologies.
Roche Hive Research Station (Generator Asteroid): A science base where a new generator has been developed. The research station has been heavily reinforced by the Sith Empire, and Sith scientists work closely with Verpine inventors to explore the generator’s limits. Turbolasers, quad lasers, spacetroopers and an energy shield protect the asteroid facility, and the Sith field hospital is here. The asteroid is relatively small, but it has limited docking facilities for starfighters or personal transports. It is surrounded by a dense cloud of smaller asteroids, preventing capital ships from getting close. This is a possible starting point for Sith characters not wishing to start with the fleet.

Nickel One (Capital Asteroid): Nickel One is the Capital of the Roche Asteroids and the adopted home of the Verpine. Currently the asteroid possesses artificial gravity, and contains an arboretum for political meetings with outsiders, a massive domed garden which takes up much of the asteroid’s northern surface. It is in this garden dome that the delegates discuss the future of the Verpine people and where the leaders of both the Republic- and Sith-aligned Verpine factions are in talks. Further this asteroid contains a teeming city with hundreds of thousands of verpine, and their primary munitions factories. A valuable prize for both the Sith and the Republic to be taken as intact as possible. It is located between the Generator Asteroid and the Fighter Production Asteroid.

The Vault (Vault Asteroid): A secret data storage facility, loosely held by Sith-affiliated Verpine. Its secrecy has been breached by both sides. Its defenses include powerful firewalls, and jamming fields powerful enough to disable missiles and starships. It is located some distance from Nickel One, between the Generator Asteroid and the Fighter Production Asteroid. It is surrounded by a dense cloud of smaller asteroids, preventing capital ships from getting close.

If there are any questions feel free to ask them here. This event is coming "in a few days soon". Is the republic ready?

If we can submit a rough 'fleet list' of a few dozen ships to me, that would be ideal. Each player who's doing fleeting can control a Star Destroyer-sized vessel, or its rough equivalent in smaller ships. Each of those players, please PM your ships to me. The idea is to try and even out the Republic and Sith fleets before the event.

*Slow clap for Akio*

I am a little worried about activity as well. I would hate to enter this thread and lose to the Sith merely because we couldn't keep it going.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
For the record. You don't need OOC staff consent for everything. Just in relation to the OBJECTIVES. Sorry that wasn't clear, I thought using two objectives as an example would be good enough, but already got a complaint about it.

This looks interesting....
I'd suggest that although the rules allow, the people that are already doing the Contruum Dominion to not join in on this (or at least not in the beginning) so that we can focus on finishing our dominion first before joining in. That's what I'm doing, at least.

*Shrug.* Just a suggestion. But I suppose you're right.
I'm planning on working with the politcal party there that supports the Republic. If we can complete objective #4 (capture opposition party leader), we won't have to do a mop up thread...

Why anyone would want to restrict members from joining this is beyond me.

Look, this will naturally get more of a focus. If dominions slow down for awhile, that's fine. Who cares. There is no time limit on dominions. We can finish those whenever. This is an awesome community event with consequences. It looks to offer a lot of fun. There really is no reason to be down on this. Dominions are not that important, all things considered, so don't prioritize them over this. This is by far of a greater importance and far more interesting (which should be obvious because it takes forever for us to finish dominions as is).

Quick question: Are we allowed to get support from allied factions in taking Roche Asteroids?
Cause if I remember correctly, Mandalorians (I think) were our allies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom