Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fist of Steel

Sweat dripped constantly from her head as Tahl practiced and practiced her form on a nearby tree. The pain that she felt in her legs from the kicks, and in her arms and fist did nothing but make her angry. She was practicing the Matukai philosophy, rigorously, pushing her body to its physical limits, and using the force to empower herself. The more rage she felt from the pain the stronger she got physically. This had went to the point where her next punch would literally shatter a small section of the tree causing it to fall. She then herself fell to the ground in exhaustion.

No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't push herself to through another punch, which anger her even more. She began to black out, and felt her body falling over. Then she felt her fading stamina slowly replenishing itself, and she caught herself and stood back up.

She was breathing heavily, obviously from the training. But she did take a short break, she didn't need to get it ll right in one day. This break would probably prove useful seeing as though she was meeting up with someone who would be training her. She sat in Indian position in a grove on Tython awaiting the arrival of her new mentor.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

From the shadows I watched the woman as she was training herself in punching, and kicking. She would push herself to the limits Even to the point of pure exhaustion. I could only smile when I remembered doing that when I was younger. Much younger. I smiled as she then sat cross legged down on the ground. Taking my time I watched her for a minute before walking over. I sat down next to her in the same way with simple slacks and a nice T-shirt, It was easy for me to do so.

It was silent. Nothing was said until I spoke. "Why do you wish to train?"
@[member="Tahl"]

She was breathing rather heavily, but it was all completely worth it. She had obviously sensed someone approaching, but she was too tired to turn around to get a good look at this person. When she tried to push through, she only fell backwards on her hands. She let out a loud grunt when she hit the ground. She noticed legs slowly sit down next to her, followed by a mainly voice. She had only hoped it was someone when wasn't gonna try and him her.

She finally pushed herself up, and turned in his direction as she continuously panted. "Hi, well I apologize for not being at my best during our first meeting." She said forcing her arm to come up and push her hair out of her face. "We'll I wanna train so that I could.... So that I could be... Respected..." She said showing some type of emotion on her face. She was too tired to lie to this man.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

Still sitting on the ground I smiled. The woman wanted to be respected. Only there was something more. Nobody wanted just respect. I had set out to make a name for myself and to save my mother. Only did I realize that I was not about respect. "No, Not respect." I stood up to stare into her eyes. "Respect only comes with your heart, not with your fist." I took my own fist and threw it at her with simple ease. Not powerful enough to break bones, but possibly I could make a bruise. "I am only respected because of what I have done. Not my powers."

I let my hand drop after the punch that I sent to her. "There is something else that you are looking for. If all you want is for a name, then you will gain nothing."
@[member="Tahl"]

Even from when she was a child she was teased, and because she was slightly privileged. She had longed for friends, to not be alone all of the time, but it was no where she truly fit in; no one who truly accepted her. This made her angry, to the point where she would just rage some times, even when she was young. Fighting became her way of releasing all of that anger that built up inside of her. She truly wanted to find peace, control, and people who would accept her and not harm her.

Her head laid down facing the ground as she spoke to her, until she looked up to find that a punch was coming her way. Though she was still tired she found herself replenished and brought her hand up to black the attack. On the release of his fist she let down her guard.

Maybe he was right after all, maybe it truly wasn't respect that she needed to truly gain what she wanted. "Then its possible i have been deceiving myself this entire time." She responded, standing to her feet. "I thought I was searching for respect, and in time that would bring me peace... But I guess I was wrong."

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I smiled with a single nod of the head. "You have not decieved yourself. No you merely took your attention away from what pushed you to become better." I took a step back and lifted my fist. "You already know how to punch, but can you force yourself to punch harder, and faster, with doing no damage to your fleshy hand? If so show me how you do it."

I wanted to learn how she moved, how she felt when she punched. what happened after the punch, and if she did it correctly. Even the most powerful of fighters, could have been fighting in the wrong way their entire life. As a former Sith soldier and apprentice, then Jedi guardian, back to a Sith master. I have have gotten so many different ways of fighting someone off that its not even funny anymore. "That is, unless you fear hurting your hand."
@[member="Tahl"]

She squinted at him, as they began to talk. He was right. She had been training for the wrong reasons which has been holding her back from reaching her potential. So far all her intense training of her body had proven useful. She would practice with things way harder than the human body, and it did very little damage to her body.

She worried though, sometimes she couldn't control her own strength. She had no idea how much force would truly be behind her own punch. Nevertheless she figured with him being a master he could take it. She raised one eyebrow, and moved her head slightly to the right. "You sure you can take it? I don't wanna hurt you." She said with a smirk.

She started to jog at an angle in front of him till she came directly at his side. She started to close in, bring her right arm up, and back in preparation for her punch. When she got in close enough range she brought her back leg up and throw her punch at him. She out as much force behind it as she could. She felt the wind putting resistance against her as she was following through with her move.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I smiled as she contemplated about what I had said. Even in that short second I could tell that she was starting to see what I was getting at. The thing with a fighter is that they never truly know what they are fighting for until a force comes up to stop them. For a long time, mine was to rescue my mother from the Sith. Soon after it was to find my lost lineage. Now it was to bring others to become better than myself. and still I stood here today.

Tahl's worry was nice as some would just love to punch the daylights out of their master rather than work with them. I nodded my head once as she asked if I was sure to let her rip. I smiled as she used all the extra space to get that extra umph in her punch. However it was not needed. Even the most simplest of punches could be devastating. As she neared me I smiled. Seeing the balled fist coming at me increasing its speed the entire way. I raised my hand and with the force formed a protective barrier around my hand as I caught her fist.

The little shield around my hand protected me from most of the power from the hit, however my hand was pushed back slightly. "Good, Good form. however, there is no need for the windup with the run. It wastes time and energy." I let her hand go out of mine. "Don't focus on just punching my hand. Focus on obliterating my hand. Follow me." Taking a simple stance of feet shoulder with apart with my left shoulder forwards and my hands up I nodded. "Stay. Now this right here is neutral. not oppressive or defensive. I want you to punch at me again with all that you have, but only my staying here."
@[member="Tahl"]

Tahl had let her guard down so that she could focus on learning what needed to be learned. She might have been stubborn, but one thing she didn't do was turn down a good lesson in combat. She was pretty impressed; mostly grateful @[member="Darren Shaw"] put up that barrier. Like she was thinking before who knows when her strength will kick in or not, but eventually with the training or her body, and of her abilities she'll come to know control.

She raised her eyebrow, and rolled her eyes when he pointed out that she needn't run to windup her attacks. Maybe she just wanted to do it. Nevertheless she heard his command, and whether or not she followed would truly be up to her. She stood there with her hands on her hips, watching him assume a new fighting stance. She followed him, copying his form.

She was instructed to punch at him again, which she faithfully obliged. "My pleasure sir" she said with a smirk. She went to take a stance in front of him. There was very little distance between them, she took a couple of steps towards him throwing multiple punches his way with as much force as she could behind each and everyone of them.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I smiled as she clearly did't like the fact that I told her not to wind up. It was intimidating and useful in some cases, but when you are fighting someone toe to toe and you can't go anywhere, you need to learn how to fight then. Hell you needed to learn how to fight everywhere, because a fighters down fall is thinking to highly of themselves and think there is only one way of fighting. I could hear the snarkness in her voice as she said that she would follow. Even more so when she sent punches in my direction. Each getting faster and harder as she went.

I ducked my head to the left, right, even back wards as I avoided her punches. There was a few times where I swung my arms up and down, side to side smacking the balled fists away from me. I kept taking steps back to allow room between us. However she would walk forwards sending more. Taking a step back I got slammed in the jaw really hard. swinging my head 'round itself. My eyes went wide as I put my hands up again and caught her last thrown punches.

​"Good, Got past my defenses." I let go of her hands and used my left hand to rub my jaw as it would be sore in a few hours. "You are already very good at punching. Now I want to see if you can take one simple one, and a compound punch." I stood still as my hands came up. loud pop sounds could be heard as I cracked my knuckles. "Ready?" I asked her. I waited for a second for her response then sent a combo of simple punches for her to deal with.

@[member="Tahl"]

She was constantly throwing barrages of punches @[member="Darren Shaw"]. Back to back, with extreme focus, especially on putting strength behind it. He was obviously faster, and stronger seeing as he was more than capable of dodging, and blocking her attacks. Though one did slip up and hit him, it seemed as though it barely did anything to him, he only shook it off. It is now clear. This guy was good. Her last punch thrown was quickly caught by him which made her come to a stop. Upon the sudden halt her eyes widened, and she looked at him. She squinted her eyes "why thank you!.

He then let go of her arms, and began rubbing his own. "Hey I'm sorry about your jaw. I wasn't even aiming for that." She said turning to her side with her arms crossed, and a smirk across her face. Sh listened to him praise her efforts, and explain to her what would be happening next. She heard the sounds of knuckles cracking. Then his statement came right after. Before she could open her eyes fully and turn to answer he was already sending punches her way. She reacted as quickly as possible. Bring her arms up to blocks his attack as best as she could. She was constantly taking steps back because of his power.

She thought to herself, "hey maybe this is what I get for being a smart pants huh?" She was suddenly punched in the stomach, which knocked her back a couple of feet.

Sending punches that seemed to move like the the lightning I could control, I could tell that she was an avid fighter. Knowing how to block with her arms, it was expected, So it looked like I was going to also teach her how to block someone while using less energy than breathing. Oh her first try she did very well in taking the hits each one made her step back to make room. However I was too fast and too strong for her to handle. Eventualy I broke her defenses with a balled fist to the stomach.

My fist had stopped moving the moment it made contact with her body as she flew back a few feet. I let my hands relax as I walked over resting a hand on her left shoulder and her stomach. "Hey, you okay?" I wanted to see if she was fine as I remembered some times back when I was only a knight fighting people with bare fists. Even then I smashed through a hull of a ship with my hand. I didn't want Tahl's guts to just end up on the ground with her body still up right.
@Tahl

Well this was the life of a fighter, especially an unarmed fighter. She wouldn't dare say it didn't phase her, because it definitely did. There was a big force behind that punch, seeing as it sent her flying back some feet. She felt her anger building, not because of him punching her, but because she wasn't good enough yet prevent what happened from happening.

She felt his hands attach themselves to her shoulder, and the area where he punched her. She looked up at him. "I'm fine! Lets just keep going..." Then the pain had suddenly went away, and she snatched away from him. She was standing straight up; no longer haunched over and gripping her stomach.

"I'm fine... Lets just do this." She assumed the formed he taught her. She stood still, and brought her hands up.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I was surprised and taken back when she got away from me. However, instead of taking the loss to heart and learning she seemed to become angry. Only then did she get back into the stance that I had just shown her. Her hands came up ready to block. As she did this I could only think of one way to get her back into shape. I put up my own fists with a poker face. And how I was going to come upon her like rain from hell.

Taking a step forwards I sent a punch towards her face when I stopped, and me left arm came out of nowhere to punch her stomach once again. Followed by another real punch after another real punch. After my fifth real punch I feinted once again to aim my second punch towards her face this time. I don't remember feeling anything as I punched her. If I hit her at any time I didn't feel a thing. I didn't atop my attack until my last punch to the face.
@[member="Tahl"]

Tahl's nostrils would flare here and there. She noticed the look on @[member="Darren Shaw"] face a look of a master who could de disappointed. He raised his hands on response, but she couldn't quite get a lead on what he might be thinking, instead she figured it would only continue. He steps forward with a punch that flew to her face, she dodged it, but wasn't quick enough to dodge the next which she put up a guard for instead. Her feet slide slightly backwards. After that came a barrage which she didn't expect. Nevertheless she took them all on, and hadn't run away.

Her arms raised blocking some, and her body jerked backwards, as she was dodging some. though she could evade nor block them all. She was punched in the face, multiple time. She kept going though. Taking steps backwards so that she could keep herself maneuvering, and not be planted in one spot. She was punched again in the face, which knocked her a couple of feet away again. She landed on her behind, with her elbows touching the ground.

She sat there on the ground with her hair in her eyes. She was breathing rather heavily due to her body just being tired. She was definitely pushing her limits. Obviously too tired to speak.

As much as Tahl may have thought that I was angry, I was not. She wanted me to come at her. And so I did. Each of my punches were deliberate and needed for her to learn. I may have gone easy at first, but now, I was not going to hold back. As she fell down onto her rump, I stopped throwing punches. Even with that, I did not walk up to her again. "If you want the hard life and to learn all that you can, Then you will experience it first hand. Get up and fight me, I want to see what you have. Then we will move on from there."

There was no emotion on my face, Non in my voice. I was numb when I spoke, because it was the pure truth. If she wanted to know what it was like in the real world and having to fight some of the best living warriors there ever were. Then I will not be so kind. I stood there with my arms down relaxed almost, but ready for the barrage of attacks that would come my way.
@[member="Tahl"]

She stood up slowly. Her body was slightly haunched over, and her legs shoulder width apart and slightly bent. Her hair was still in her face, but you could see her eyes. Her rage had just been building, and build. She was seriously pushing the limits of her body. Nevertheless this is what she wanted to go beyond what her body could, so that she could obtain mastery over it in the future. She began to feel replenished, seeing as her exhaustion was slowly fading.

@[member="Darren Shaw"] was right, he gave her what she had been seeking. She probably didn't like it, but this was the type of training she needed. As much as she probably had hate for him, she had equal the amount of respect, and care. This all happening during their first meeting. It was true though, fighting was a different type of expression. You could learn a lot about the person by fighting with them.

Tahl brought her hand up to wipe some sweat from her face. She felt her rage constantly build. She finally took off towards him sprinting. She no longer had control of the power she put behind her attack. When she closed in she threw out a right hook towards his face, quickly spinning around to hit him with her left elbow, followed by a uppercut.

I smiled as Tahl ran at me. I already knew that she was coming in for a punch to the face. Already hitting me once there, I knew she would start out with that. Easy it was smacked away with a hand. what followed was not expected however, An elbow. But the time that it took for the woman to spin around hurt the effectiveness of the attack. I brought my arm up and let her elbow smash into my forearm followed by a swing of my legs at her feet. Even if she threw another punch it would not likely hit me. If a fighters stance is messed up in anyway, you lose before you even throw a punch.
@[member="Tahl"]

Tahl stumbled and fell to the ground when he kicked at her feet. She fell on her side and rolled over on her stomach with her fist, balled up, keep her face from touching the ground. Her hair fell down into her face, and she blew it back in place. She just got so angry. She slammed her fist into the ground, which left a small crater, with cracks around it. She got back up and stood there looking at him. Tahl went for it and ran at him once again. Once she gained enough momentum and was close enough, she jumped into the air and threw out her right leg for a high kick, and with her body continuing to go right she quickly spinner around to follow up with mother kick with her left leg that came in straight. This was a very block able, and avoidable attack, but it was all she had at the moment.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

She was angry. I could clearly tell by they way she huffed, punched the ground, and then ran at me with an attack that could have been easily blocked. She did not think about her actions clearly. As her leg came around for a kick My face was calm as I latched my hand onto her ankle, with my left I grabbed her thigh. It all moved so fast that even my hands seemed a blur as I slammed her down on the ground.

Taking a step back I spoke. "You attack too high with an weapon that is down low. For that you Lose your integrity." I knew that she may have gotten even more enraged at this point, but I could careless. A Sith would have done the same. "I thought they said you were good." It was meant as a taunt. Getting her back on her feet and trying to attack me again. Though that could change.
@[member="Tahl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom