Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Order Going Major?

Should the First Order Apply for Major Status?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Aram Kalast

Galactic Empire Admin
[member="Ballen-Ist"]
[member="Belis Ren"]
[member="Carter Flaa"]
[member="Darth Mike"]
[member="Darth Vyrassu"]
[member="Daska Tess"]
[member="Edward Blake"]
[member="Ezra Klev"]
[member="Greifen Ren"]
[member="Hans Vaiden"]
[member="Inkara Liet"]
[member="Jaron Lesan"]
[member="Kyle Amedis"]
[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
[member="Malus"]
[member="Marcus Rai"]
[member="Maximilian Jens"]
[member="Milo Ren"]
[member="Natasi Fortan"]
[member="NimanMaster"]
[member="Noah Firline"]
[member="Octavian Vire"]
[member="Rhun Trask"]
[member="Sibar Laval"]
[member="Silas Ren"]
[member="stardust"]
[member="Tmoxin Temi"]
[member="Wilhelm Rykal"]

[member="Aram Kalast"] I vote No for now...and it pains me to, BUT I think we could do a few more threads to build ourselves up.

And a few maybe just literally two or three more to showcase what we can do, or a development thread for another ship. Just to get some credentials under our belt so people can't pick at us.

But I would love to go Major very soon. It'd be awesome.

Aram Kalast

Galactic Empire Admin
[member="Kyle Amedis"] Thank you for the feedback. That is what I love to see, honest opinions on our faction from people involved in our faction. I really do appreciate it.

[member="Aram Kalast"] Well I'm proud to be here from the start and hope we can make Major in one fell swoop and bolster new members, new developments and new stories. If I can be of any help further, just let me know. :)

I must sadly say no, simply for the fact that that we need to be a little more organized before taking on the major players. We need everything to be at top efficiency before we can proceed. Having said that, I do believe this will not take long.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
If activity were higher I'd say yes. The way this board is the minute we go major then we're in the map game. OOC this faction has been getting hated on, and we'd get targeted by many of the immature writers here I think. We need to wait until we can defend from that.

Aram Kalast

Galactic Empire Admin
[member="Carten Flaa"]
[member="NimanMaster"]

Naturally these are two of our biggest concerns.
We have the members, we just need the content.

I've been part of Imperial Factions before and in my opinion the reason they fall apart is because of pure need for the upper/rank to issue missions and the like.

What I want to encourage is a fluid system where a new member has as much 'story' pull as someone who has been there from the beginning. No need to wait on being ordered around, just go out and raid etc.

The problem is...how to do this?

Aram Kalast said:
[member="Carten Flaa"]
[member="NimanMaster"]

Naturally these are two of our biggest concerns.
We have the members, we just need the content.

I've been part of Imperial Factions before and in my opinion the reason they fall apart is because of pure need for the upper/rank to issue missions and the like.

What I want to encourage is a fluid system where a new member has as much 'story' pull as someone who has been there from the beginning. No need to wait on being ordered around, just go out and raid etc.

The problem is...how to do this?
The answer is detail. The more detailed, complicated and intricate a story is the better. It becomes interesting, interest draws people. For example, a simple fleet battle followed by a ground assault, is your average setup, but adding covert espionage, diplomatic and criminal elements to that one event, will make it that much more interesting. After all, everything is usable in warfare, and justifiable.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
[member="Sibar Laval"]

I meant survive invasions. Submissions won't help that if we don't have active writers.

[member="Aram Kalast"]

I think we should take a page from Nick's book. If we create flashpoints for the faction which allow those who participate to decide the outcome or story... or randomize outcomes, it will give everyone a sense of what will happen next. That will keep people engaged in the process.

Sibar Laval

S
Most submissions won't help survive invasions but have you even read what the AT-HO can do?

I voted yes but for more selfish reasons:

1. I love playing in the big dog pen
2. From day one, I rolled this character to be an Imperial, and there was never the right Imperial faction for her. I have hope for the First Order!

But I do understand the need to not rush into it.

Aram Kalast

Galactic Empire Admin
I was thinking something along the lines of a 'weekend role-play' event or a weekly thread where the basic premise is posted up and we just go wild with it.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
I also vote no, as alot of people are not taking you guys seriously due to episode 7 not being out yet and you guys made this faction.

I personally like the faction, I'm a Kylo Ren fanboy, the dude is f*cking bad ass, anyways I have a better offer for you guys if interested to build up your reputation and show your serious. Admins of this faction, if your interested in my offer message me please.

I think we need one or two more faction threads before we can reliably declare ourselves major.

We're very close though. Faction activity is up, and we have more members. We're also getting attention from the board.

We should at least focus on finishing the thread with the GA first before we declare ourselves Major. (I admit, I also need to get into this RP more...)

[member="Greifen Ren"] Speaking of, we should all jump in and really push that thread onwards. The more we kill the more we make an example of the planet.

PLUS, it seems that the First Order, if played right could potentially be the Imperial faction on the board. We should tread carefully!

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
I say no at this time, though in the future, yes.

I feel we need more dedicated writers, the different moving parts of our faction better defined, continued threads for over all faction development and getting our story out there, and a true game plan for how to achieve all this.

It's important to do this right the first time my fellow Imperials in order to win the respect of the board, other wise the haters have already won. Build the FO's foundation strong first, then add onto it brick by brick, level by level until we tower over the galaxy.

Belis Ren said:
[member="Greifen Ren"] Speaking of, we should all jump in and really push that thread onwards. The more we kill the more we make an example of the planet.

PLUS, it seems that the First Order, if played right could potentially be the Imperial faction on the board. We should tread carefully!
Agreed, I'm about to jump back into it now.

I'm not a big fan of the 'genocide' angle, but I will be involved regardless.

And yes, I believe we will be the biggest and best Imperial faction on the board. We've gotten so much interest already and the new movies haven't even come out yet. I think it's only a matter of time.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
Belis Ren said:

Tread carefully there buddy cuz the Jen'ari Empire will declare war on you for that cuz the Jen'ari Empire is doing the same thing and they are a major faction

Jen'ari Empire is trying to become the Sith Empire

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom