Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding a new home(Ori'Alor/Ayden Cater)

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Leader of the True Mando'Ade
[member="Ayden Cater"]

The reason that Ori'Alor was heading to the office of the 'Lord Protector' was an old one, one that had beeen in the back of her mind sense she had left the Mandalorian 'Empire', and was striengthened when Calico and Galaar had educated her on the full and original Resol'Nare and the Super Commando Codex. A Home for the Mandalorians, not the War-Hungry Barbarians that claimed the name and pushed out all those that didn't fit with thier ideal. The evidence of this, Ori'Alor herself and the Dread Guard who identified as mandos, Ori wanted to make a home for them and more. All Ori'Alor would ask of these 'True Mandalorians' is that they accept each other and the tenants of mandalorian culture passed down to her by the old Jedi Archives and her Brothers. All of this was made easier with the 'Akaan'Ade ures Kyr', Ori'Alor's Mercinary Company, who she would have been satisfied with being the home for the True Mandalorians, but with the merger of the LC with the Omega Protectorate, maybee she could build home...

"Thank you for seeing me on such short notice." Ori'Alor said, to Ayden as she entered the office "I'm sorry if there is any trouble caused by this meeting."

[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"]

Ayden sat in his chair and browsed a few data pads. When he had first received the offer of a Confederate offshoot seeking refuge within Protectorate space, he wasn't sure what to think. Part of him wondered if it was part of an elaborate trap; that they'd get past the borders and then attack from within. However, he eventually dismissed such notions. Not because they lacked any credence or possibility, but rather because he was making a conscious effort to try and look at it positively. He saw what paranoia and negativity had done to Cira, and while he dimly recognized that he was not fairing much better than she was, he resolved to try and do as much good as possible, rather than not do anything for fear of it being a trap.

And so he agreed to meet with a representative of this group, this 'Liberty Concord'. He already had a rough idea of what would be asked for, because they were things he'd ask for if the positions were reversed. And while many of the requests were not unreasonable, Ayden resolved to not give anything up at first glance. He would wait and see what it was that they asked for before deciding on anything. When there was a knock at the door, Ayden looked up and set the pad down. "Enter." In stepped a woman whom he immediately took for a Mandalorian. There was an unmistakable air to them, the Mandalorians. They carried themselves a particular way, looked at others a certain way. Like they were always ready for a fight.

As she spoke, Ayden pulled a bottle of whiskey from his desk and set it on the table along with two glasses. He briefly looked at her and chuckled, waving her concern off. "Don't worry about it. The Confederacy won't do anything over this. And if they do, then they'll have the full might of the Protectorate to do answer to." It was clear that he had no concerns about the possible diplomatic repercussions that might come about from all this. "So then, Miss Tal'Verda. Tell me what it is I can do for you today." He poured two glasses and handed her one before tipping the other back in a small sip and then simply stared at her, waiting for an answer.

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

"First, I wanted to thank you for all you've done for the Liberty Concord." Ori'Alor said, taking a sip out of her glass "but this isn't about them, some have left for the stars and some have settled down here, while others have dissapeared without a trace..." Ori sounded sad when she said this, she was thinking about Calico and Keziah mostly when she said this, Galaar had recently shown back up. "I'm here with you now to discuss a 'home' for the Akaan'Ade ures Kyr, my Mandalorian Mercinary Company, and a group of Mandalorians that I want to recruit." The 'Big Boss' took anouther sip of her drink, letting Ayden have his say to this first part. "These Mandalorians would be what my brothers would call 'True Mandalorians, those who follow the Resol'Nare and the Super Commando Codex, my company was founded on those rules." Ori'Alor said, looking at Lord Protector "I just want a home for those that think like my brothers, my husband, and I; I have no interest in starting a war with the people that claim the planet and name..."

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Ayden listened attentively as the woman laid out her case. His face betrayed nothing as she spoke. His eyes merely kept themselves on her, watching her body language. It was easy to tell a lie. Words flowed easily. But the body had a way of betraying the truth. Words could be said, but the way the body reacted always carried more weight. Eyes cast to the side could indicate dishonesty, as could poor posture or fidgeting. This woman had none of those signs. By every indication, she was being forthwith and honest. Good... That made his decision to allow them into the Protectorate all the better.

When she finished speaking, he folded his hands and let his elbows rest on the table while his chin was cupped in his hands. "You ask for little and much at the same time. The rights to settle on a world are not freely given to strangers. Certainly not to so many." He paused and considered something for a moment. "There are worlds in the Protectorate with few to no population centers. Near the edge of the galaxy, at the end of the Rimma Trade Route, there is a world called Kesh. It is a wild world. I believe it would suit your needs perfectly."

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

"That is very generous sir." Ori'Alor said, smiling graciosly "It'll give my people more freedom and room then I was anticipating." Ori'Alor knew that she couldn't leave it at that, It wouldn't have been honorable, So she made a promise: "If an enemy of the Omega Protectorate comes upon Kesh, my people willl defend it." Ori'Alor took anouther drink from her glass, thinking about what she had too say next. "While I cannot say for certain, my people may attract 'ire' from the Mandalorian 'Empire'..." Ori'Alor said, sounding sad while she said this "I wa-need to know that if the worst happens, and they overwhelm us, that the OP will come and save who you can."

"Well of course," Ayden said reassuringly. "After all, the world is within Protectorate-controlled space. There's no reason we wouldn't defend it. Though on the other hand, I don't foresee any problems with the Mandalorians. And even if there was an issue, they would have to go through the entirety of the Protectorate to get to you." He paused briefly before pouring himself another glass of whiskey. "Naturally, the planet has a basic garrison with a handful of starfighters and an orbital monitoring station. Beyond that, if you want to purchase additional forces or build new installations, you'll have to either place a requisition for review, in which case the Protectorate with subsidize most of the costs, or you'll have to raise the funds to do so yourself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom