Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally Free (Harrip)

Iridonia, Republic Space
A Small Town in the Middle of Nowhere
What the hell were these things. Zabraks, the nearby traders called them. Some sort of painted human with spikes on their head. They were odd and rather arrogant, yet Aros accepted their town as a resting point. He had wanted to get away from Ankus for so long, yet he didn't want to venture too far away yet. His only knowledge of this galaxy was from stories the masters told him, and he even doubted they were true. A seat outside of a small bar took his fancy, and he sat facing the majority of the town. The King could have sent assassins after him, he had to be careful... All seemed fine, and he was about to turn towards his table until he noticed some sort creature that looked more monstrous than the Zabraks. "You there, what are you?" He asked, almost as if it were a command.

[member="Harrip"]

Iridonia, Republic Space
A Small Town in the Middle of Nowhere
Harrip: Current Alias: Far

Harrip was resting, taking in the scene as it was. Enjoying the peace and quiet of a world with little care on the galactic scale of things. He had been there for a number of weeks and most of the town knew he wasn't dangerous. He had left the hood down on his robe and his sleeves had been rolled back. His head and arms were exposed to the elements and it was refreshing to be able to do so. He was thinking of whether to stay here or not when something broke into his thoughts.

"You there, what are you?"

Harrip swiveled to see who was speaking, it was funny he hadn't heard a voice with command in it such as this for awhile. He looked over to see a very interesting appearing man. He looked a sickly pale, or white, with red tattoos on him, that was his guess anyway. He looked the man up and down before replying in a friendly tone, or at least as friendly as his raspy voice could sound, "I am human. Or at least was. Now I have the appearance of a Rakghoul. But there is no need to fear, I don't bite. Where are you from?" He was a little surprised that this man did not recognize a Rakghoul when he saw one. They were renowned most of the galaxy over in fear for their plague. Maybe he had never seen a Rakghoul, or maybe it was because Harrip appeared more like a Nekghoul than a Rakghoul. But either way he was curious.

[member="Prince Aros"]

Aros frowned at the creature. "Rak... Ghoul?" He pondered on the word for a moment, obviously not familiar with it. "Tell me Rakghoul, do you know alot of the Galaxy in its current state?" Although the wording was one of a command, his voice had changed and sounded less hostile. This ghoul creature could be useful to him, and obviously wasn't an assassin of his father's orders. If this 'human' knew of the what was happening in the galaxy, then Aros would know where to go to seek his goal. Surely someone else out there desired to rule...
[member="Harrip"]

Harrip took a moment to think through the question. He knew many of the current events, but anything more than a year or so back and he would be without a clue. Taris hadn't been a planet that had information coming and going on the state of the galaxy. Also how this man said Rakghoul was odd. He sounded it out as if he had never heard it before. That was even more perplexing than him asking what Harrip was.

Harrip decided to answer the question and then continue thinking, "Yes, I am aware of quite a few of the events in recent galactic history. What would you like to know?"

Harrip wondered what this human, or he assumed the person to be human because he smelled like one, would want to know. Most of the recent events people should be aware of. Maybe it was a test question or something, but the way the man said it didn't make it sound like that.

[member="Prince Aros"]

"Everything." He said quickly and indefinitely, outstretching his left arm to offer the man a seat opposite him. "The major factions operating right now, any recent events that might be of important value, and most importantly, force-using factions." Aros leaned forward, placing his left hand and his right forearm across his lap, showing he was ready to hear it. "Your help will play a big part in my future plans." His voice was serious, it was obvious this information was vitally important.

[member="Harrip"]

Harrip was surprised, surely this man was pulling Harrip's leg. No one that was here didn't know about recent history or large factions that had built up. But Harrip figured he would go with it, "Well major factions wise, there is the Republic, which is always around it never has been defeated. There are a few factions of Sith, kind of funny that way, their much weaker than they could be. There is the CIS, Confederacy of Independent Systems. There are the Mandalorians, fearsome warriors, not someone to mess with. Then there are a few others that keep slipping my memory. There aren't a whole of lot of major factions, that are known anyways."

Harrip took a moment to think through recent events. "The largest that I am aware of was the attacking of Coruscant, the home planet of the Republic, by one of the Sith factions. And in regards to Force Factions, there is the Jedi Order with a few offshoots and then there are the Sith Factions. I am sure there are other lesser ones that are not affiliated with either one but they are not as strong or well known. Does that helps somewhat?"

[member="Prince Aros"]

Aros nodded at the man, even though his head was turned, as he was deep in thought. "Yes, it helps massively." Jedi. He had heard of them in stories, but only roughly. They had their planet invaded, which meant they were weak. The Sith must be their enemy, the ones he had also heard about. But they expected servitude from their newcomers, something Aros would not give so easily. After a few moments, Aros turned his gaze back to Harrip. "What kind of person are you?" He asked, arching an eyebrow to give a questioning look. "A vague question, I know. But, I'll give an example to help you answer. I am a born leader, with a right to rule. I am a conqueror, and I'm the kind of person who rules by force." A short pause ensued, then his questioning look came back. "What about you?"

[member="Harrip"]

Harrip took a little to mull over the question. He scratched his chin thoughtfully. It was interesting, he had thought about it once or twice during his time on Taris, but never thought about it too deeply. It wasn't always easy to accept the truths. An abomination is rarely believed to think on its own existence.

"I was born a slave, with a right to nothing. Now my body is that of a monster, but my mind is that of a gentle man. My strength is my rakghoul's might and my mind's caring. I do not lead, I cannot lead. No one follows a beast into battle, at least a beast that is obviously seen as such. I am a hater of Sith, a lost monster; I have neither home nor resting place. Sorry if that sounds like self-pity and moping, but it is the truth. Is that what you wanted to know?" He spoke blankly. His voice did not take on the sadness or self-pity sound that some would expect from a person saying those words. He wasn't proud of it, but that was about the whole explanation of him. He couldn't change that, he wondered if he had left out anything, but at that moment he could think of nothing he had forgotten.

[member="Prince Aros"]

Aros nodded slowly a few times. "Are you a hater of Evil, or just the Sith?" He asked simply, beginning to stroke the small beard that grew on his chin. This man was surely fascinating and, depending on his morals, could be useful in the Prince's future quest for power. If not, the Aros wouldn't blame him, and would stay on good terms with the creature as a thanking gesture for the information he had provided. Either way, he awaited the reply to his question.

[member="Harrip"]

"Evil yes. But specifically Sith. They are the ones that made me like this. I was a human before." Harrip replied without letting himself falling into the trap that he had which was to begin to preach against the Sith. It was a bad habit of his, and he was trying to break it. He wondered what this man wanted so that he would ask such interesting questions.

[member="Prince Aros"]

Aros nodded. "I see. Nevertheless, you have been extremely helpful." The Prince gave a smirk, then rose from his seat. "One day you will hear my name in the history books. One day..." His voice trailed, before he turned and walked away, out of the village, without saying another word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom