Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fighting the Good Fight, One Fringe at a Time. [Fringe Dominion of Rhigar]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Chiss Space
Unknown Regions

War, War never changes.

The Sith waged war to gather Slaves and Wealth. The Republic built a… Republic on its lust for Territory and Sanctimony. Cater shaped a battered Omega Protectorate into an economic superpower.

But War never changes.

Days into the Trinity Conflict

“GET ME SOME AIRSUPPORT IN THIS MOTHER.” My voice was raw from the shouting, body and spirit felt drained after days spent in the trenches, lovingly called the hell pits, of the battlefield. We hadn’t expected such a resistance, hadn’t even come to dream that we would be fought street to street, building by building. Should have, of course, in the past we would never had much such a miscalculation. In the past it had been us against the Galaxy, but these days we had considered ourselves heroes, saviors of the Wild Space. Hadn’t even considered the fact that not everyone felt the same way.

Moment we came in orbit we knew something was wrong, Rhigar had been an old outpost of the Atrisian Empire. After the unification some systems had fallen out of touch, too much space to cover and not enough time to re-establish everything. Imperial Remnant troops were in control here, the elite branches of the Empire who never wanted to join our Nation and they showed that to us here.

It was cold here, snowstorms made it seem like damn Hoth, clothes wrapped around my head made sure I still had some remote sense of visual. Just enough to see the rocket coming right towards our trench, I yelped and pushed [member="Matsu Xiangu"] ‘s head down, while screaming on the top of my lungs. “DOWN. RPG.”

The Imperial Remnant wasn’t our only problem, soon after the skirmish started, the Rhand Sorcerers re-emerged. We had problems with them before, had been a campaign to destroy them. Seemed we hadn’t been that successful, why they were here? No one knew, but one thing was for sure. The Remnants weren’t on friendly terms with the Sorcerers, at least it didn’t look that way.

Last thing I had heard from the safe zone was that [member="Lucien Cordel"] had established contact with the Imperials, some kind of diplomatic mission to unify against the common threat. Didn’t know what I thought about that, with all the laserbeams and rockets being thrown at me like candy I didn’t particularly have time for thinking about anything but survival.

I ain’t gonna lie here, we were in a rough spot. Hope was twofold, if [member="Ashin Varanin"] or whoever was in charge of the fleeting effort could punch through the navy surrounding the planet and if Cordel can create some damn peace between us and the Imperials… we might just be able to push the Sorcerers into retreat. Then we would figure out who the planet belonged to.

Objectives
  • Space Opera Battle in the Star System.
  • Land Warfare spanning a continent, with three separate factions fighting for control.
  • Diplomatic Mission with the Imperial Remnants to attempt to craft an alliance against the Rhand Sorcerers.
  • Other storylines might open up, as we progress through the thread.

OBJECTIVE: Diplomatic Mission with the Imperial Remnants to attempt to craft an alliance against the Rhand Sorcerers.
[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Shinju was excited for the first time in a long time, she wasn't just here to kill things... though that most likely would happen. She and Lucien were doing a special assignment on the planet. Talking with people and she knew how to do that, with the Wrathful One and the Devourers following behind them. Their asignment to make sure once they were inside the room the doors remained locked until a deal could be made. Could take hours or days depending on what she wanted to try while the armored corset gleamed under the jacket and fur lined top. All flowing into the kama so she looked semi elegant. "Come sweetie Luvien lets go and have some fun. I am salivating at the lips thinking about these delicious Imperials."

OBJECTIVE: Space Opera Battle in the Star System.

"Weeeeeee" Bundori danced around the ship, the space battle was ongoing but while she stood with a ffew fringe soldiers and several rakatan the small child held her scylla sword letting it rev and she was skipping. They were going after one of the ships to convince them to be nice and stop firing. The best way possible and the nicest of course. Auntie Ashin always said manners are important or at least mommy said it.. she wasn't sure either way revving the blade that was her size the small child kept dancing around in her spot. "Oh can we build a limbsman?"

OBJECTIVE: Land Warfare spanning a continent, with three separate factions fighting for control.

"Move move now." Belle Morte looked at the few soldiers she had as they dug down and into the a hole. Her good eye glaring and flicking around as she grabbed one of the pistols and sneered. "These things are really starting to make me mad. Form up and use smoke." Her biot eye flicked around, it was strange to use but compared to a cybernetic it wasn't going to melt in her head if she used the force. No it was great for shooting poison thanks to that shop. Maybe go back and get some new equipment since they had newer items. The Fringe was sometimes a good place to be as she rolled over and up firing the pistol and then stopping. One of the soldiers popped his head out and she fired into it with a snort. "Get some station setup and send for other forces. We'll wade in and cut down who we need to."

[SIZE=12pt]Objective: Land warfare; attempting to maintain molecular integrity.[/SIZE]​
Though it had only been days the campaign had begun to feel like month’s worth of fighting and scrapping to advance. Even the feel of Jared's hand gripping the back of her skull and pushing her head down and out of the RPG's path had gained a sort of familiarity out of repetition, and she twisted slightly in his grip to face the incoming rocket.

In foregoing a lightsaber or any real training with her sword, Matsu had dedicated the bulk of her apprenticeship to honing her skills with the mind and telekinesis. The former was her preference but as the warhead propelling towards them had no mind to speak of, she chose the latter. Reaching up with one hand, she pushed outwards, bending her concentration for a moment around the RPG and managing to slow it to the point of perfect suspension in mid-air. There was really no point in the gesturing - it was her mind that held the key to her gift after all - but she had a tendency to talk with her hands and in the Force she was no different.

Another split second push and the missile drew a path upwards and back, speeding on a crash course towards a patch of ground filled with advancing Remnants and away from her Master and the Fringe members fighting around them.

There was no time to see the fruits of her labor however as just as that threat was neutralized another came their way, wave after wave of attack battering them. Matsu was loathe to admit finding herself in trouble but she was no idiot either - realistically, without some kind of diplomatic solution or fleet intervention they were cooked. Especially since she could feel the trembling of the snow and ice beneath her feet as something big advanced towards their already compromised position.

[member="Jared Ovmar"] | [member="Belle Morte"]​

[SIZE=12pt]Objective: Land warfare; attempting to maintain molecular integrity[/SIZE]
[member="Belle Morte"][member="Matsu Xiangu"]@Avicus DuSang[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Felling to understand only that like when her clans would go to battle those loud booms not only call the God of Thunder but also calls the Good of Death. Closing her eyes once again as she covered her own head. Telling her inner warrior to be strong. Warrior with in was beating strong to want to get out there battle. Being true she wasn't a shield maiden like her little sister. There was that way of her people it brought back that part of what once taught to her. How to string a bow set it upon the warrior clan flesh to make their heart beat no more. Once again fall deeply in the man dug trench.

Every time she looked around with her sharpness of a well train season warrior. Something else even with the heavy suited clothing she moved like that of grace and strength as if this was her element to be in. When most ran from the bitter coldness finding it easy to embrace it fully. Being winder born she had herself her muscle that was use to the cold. Having her pale skin almost the color of the snow about them her lips being the redness. Then what little stuck out of her fire red hair twisted and turn in the wind as it howled. Goddess find favor with us all today in this battle. may our arms be swift to strick blows upon the heart of the enemy

Taking off after which made the turns need to report back to her Master of the Dark Yellow eye God. Embrace his training she had full. To became what she met to be in this force that flow around them all. Round the last of the maze of tunnels and deep dug trenches. Now for then anything could feel when her master was near only to have this curve to her own lips. "My Master of the yellow eye God."

OBJECTIVE: Diplomatic Mission with the Imperial Remnants to attempt to craft an alliance against the Rhand Sorcerers.

Lucien strolled from his current qaurters to the elevator that would take him from his suite to the conference room were he would meet with the stooges of the imperial remnant. This meeting was of course ocouring half a galaxy away from the gore of the trenches, it would be terribly tense if one were to negotiate peace in the middle of a warzone, instead Lucien had rented the top three floors of a luxury retreat frequented by those who wished to conduct "intimate business" away from their currant partners.

The elevator defended two floors and Lucien emerged. [member="Lady Exedō"] was waiting for him as were his aides. It could well be said,by ignorant minds, that Shinju was not best placed in peace talks. It was true that she lacked the nessiry subtlety to be of direct negotiate without killing however Lucien wagered that with sometime she could bring even the most staunch to fits of tears. Her barbaric methods would breed discomfort amount the moffs and Lucien found that people suffering discomfort acted rashly.

On this day Lucien was faking a knee injury the sole purpose of this was to smuggle in a weaponweapon,one could never be too carful. Lucien was currently leaning against a sit sword of course his sword had taken the shape of a cane. Lucien glanced down the hall way spotting his honoured guests rotting in the conference room. He frowned dreading having to fawn over them. Before entering the conference room Lucien turned to his primary aide "I want constant updates on the battle from Lord [member="Jared Ovmar"]" this would help him drive the imperial envoys into a corner.

Lucien looked over the envoys as he passed getting them to the table had been neigh on impossible. He had done it however and no one would be leaving until the two sides had peace. In order to make the moffs more receptive Lucien had organised a little event. As the two sides exchanged pleasantries one of Lucien's stooges was moving to mmake an assination attempt on the Imperial Remnant's head of state. The stooge would die and upon searching the mans body authorities would find a hand written set of instructions and a talisman bearing the words "Only power is real, and the only real power is the power to destroy. Existence is fleeting. Destruction is eternal.". Lucien trusted that their would be no doubt that the sorcerers were to blame. If the plan had gone well news would be arriving within minutes.

Bourne Cavanagh

B
  • Space Opera Battle in the Star System.
The Jolly Roger
Blazing Chain Pirates

"Ain't much longer mates," came the drawl between chisled teeth, the thick brown cigarra perched between them lightly swaying with every word the pirate would utter.

There, before the transparasteel port would be the beauty of an approaching fight that Bourne was itching to get thigh deep into.

It was all a matter of timing and positioning first. Couldn't just go in dry. Not yet at least, he'd think with a diabolical smirk. Time and place. Time and place.

"Into positions!"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Space
Objective: Punch a hole in the Rhandite fleet

"Fringe forces, this is Task Force Hosanna commencing Operation Shotgun."

The scale of star battle never failed to awe her. The ship from which she commanded the task force, the heavily modified Invictus-class Star Destroyer Chimaera, was nearly two kilometres in length, far enough that she couldn't pick out some of its prow weapons emplacements from here. Not without using the Force to temporarily enhance her eyesight, a traditional Jedi skill, but minor enough that most missed it on the roster. She took a moment to focus on that, and her vision sharpened. Beyond the prow, several hundred kilometres away, the Rhandite command ships stood out against the black sea as misshapen specks. She recognized no make or model of starship. The Rhandites had always been insular. In the end, vision enhancement offered little benefit that the Chimaera's sensors did not; she'd just wanted to get a better gut feeling of what was out there.

The wide double-edged blade of the Chrysalide passed above her and into her field of enhanced vision, its multitudinous weapons too far away to perceive with exactness. Phototropic shielding dimmed the transparisteel, saving her eyes, as four Hellbore cannons and a thousand energy torpedo launchers spat pulses of light into the Rhandite formation at extreme range. The Chimaera's own eighty energy torpedo launchers, brutal but outclassed, joined the assault.

And in their wake came Finality-class supertransports, cardboard boxes a kilometre tall, disgorging twelve hundred Hammer-B LACs apiece. Each vomited a dozen long-range HELIX warheads. The detonations, when they came, were only tiny pinpricks, short-lived stars. HELIX warheads made things happen in the X-ray spectrum -- twenty laser beam pulses, each with the power of one and a half turbolaser blasts.

She had brought every Finality in Fringe possession. The resulting thicket of crosshatched X-ray laser beams was awash with fratricide. But there were close to a million of those beams.

When the dust settled, the center of the Rhandite fleet was nothing more than fifty thousand metres of glowing slag. Ashin watched it all in crystalline detail, felt the reverberations of hundreds of thousands of deaths, and was, in some sense, satisfied despite herself.

"Main elements, press the advance."

[member="Ashin Varanin"] [member="Bourne Cavanagh"]

"La la la la....... La la la la.... We're going to play with all the fun people aren't we?" Her large blue eyes were looking up at the people in the ship as out the one window they saw Ashin's attack, into the center of the fleet and Bundori cheered. "YAY Auntie." She was all ready for them to board and the blazing chain pirates were even here... she had no idea who that was or what they did but fire could be cool and cool people played with fire. The craft moving in towards boarding one fo the outer ships. She might have to quite careful with the others but was skipping around the ship away. "Hearts and livers, kidney's and spleen's all go together in harmony."

OBJECTIVE: Land Warfare spanning a continent, with three separate factions fighting for control.

[member="Inger Strömfire"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Now she was moving, the rumbling below her feet told her heavy support and Belle Morte looked up. Eye flicking back and worth while her anger had her fuming with a grounding of teeth. "Ready your heavy weapons and dig in, we're going to let them come close with their toys and then take it." Before one of the men could speak she was standing tall again and brushing her armor off while the snap hiss of the crimson saber came too cast the armor strangely. "We are not nice people captain, and I do not take failure easily. You know this, now get ready if it has controls we can take it and use it. We will dismantle these men until either negotiations are done or there isn't a single person left to complain."

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Shinju watched Lucien and seeing his "knee" injury she frowned. Ahhh her sweetie was hurt and walking with him while she spoke she relaxed and was enjoying the sight before her. She knew Jared would get the job done... maybe or he'd fail and they would find someone who could. It was a small thing, a simple matter that she trusted it or just told herself that to sleep on her pile of bodies at night... Not a joke she rather enjoyed the bed made from slave bodies. Her own class showing since their pinkies were pointed outwards. "Oh sweetie come we shall have fun and then you'll tell me who hurt your leg. I'll cut their heart out with a spoon, better yet a spork." She was laughing now and their entourage was having its fun.

"All in good time My Lady, mine is a tale of shadows" he said in reply to Shinjus enquiry on the cause of his "Injury".

Lucien glanced at the assembly of half wits and haggered snobs as they entered, if this was the best the remanent could muster then it it was a wonder that it had not gone south like its predecessor. he made his way across the conference room making the appropriate groans,grunts and hisses as to present the image of a knee injury he slumped into his chair and cleared his throat "I trust you will forgive my current state, I had a rarther unpleasant encounter with a would be assassin I believe the sorcerers to be responsible. My name is Lucien Cordel and my associate here is [member="Lady Exedō"]. She is the Royal consort of the empress of canibalisam she says you look ... Delicious" Lucien grinned his voice soft.

The envoys looked to one another a mix of fear and skeptisam dancing in their eyes. Lucien let stew for a minute then whent on "Now as we all know your empire and mine hardly get along, I dislike you and your blindless chase for a shadow long bereft of solidarity, you dislike us for ..." Lucien was interrupted by a puffing messenger falling through the doors "M'lords and ladies I bear an urgent notice a assassination attempt was made ont' ead' of state ... The sorcerrors are the main suspects" Lucien lifted his hand "This is truly alarming news ... Thank you for informing us leal messenger" he said with a feigned tone of shock and a dismissive wave. The messenger left bowing and Lucien turned back to his guests "... As I was saying we are at odds but it is clear the true enemy is rhand, so what will it take from me to get you to agree to a temporary partnership whilst we deal with our common enemy?"

Avicus DuSang

The Patron Saint of Heartache
Objective: Land battle, baby.

[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Belle Morte"] [member="Inger Strömfire"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

The conquest of Rhigar had proven much more difficult than what was originally planned for. In military conquest, there were always setbacks. But, this, at times, felt too close to a losing battle. One had to admire the tenacity of the Rhigarian people for warding off invaders. They would make fine additions to the Fringian military. It was the duty of those on the ground to show the might of the Lords of the Fringe, which would give the faction leverage in it's diplomatic negotiations with the Imperial Remnant.

Yellow eyes closed as he felt his apprentice calling for him. He sat inside of a troop transport, twenty mercenaries seated with him. There was a second transport as well, and a handful of fighters. All mercenaries from Hutt Space. "Drop me off on the front lines. Use your fighters to clear out some of the opposition. Focus on air support. Your main focus is eliminating artillery and snipers. Force willing, we'll all see each other on the other side." The fighters laid down a line of suppression fire runs on the opposing forces as Avicus dropped down to his fellow Fringians.

He wore heavy fatigues, getting a taste for cold environments from having a majority of his apprenticeship on Ziost. Still, it was something to adjust to as he nodded to his apprentice. "You rang?" before scanning the battlefield. He ducked down, putting his back to the man made ditch. From his sleeves popped the green hilts of his lightsabers, though he did not activate them. Just gave him focus in intense battle situations. He took a deep breathe, allowing the sounds of battle to fill him.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Shinju looked at the people as she sat down letting her presence in the room be one of well... enjoyment. She looked at all the people while Lucien spoke and imagined what she could do with them, how she could rip them apart if they disagreed and tapped with her finger lightly a drumbeat of four. Lucien's tale of an assassination quite interesting as if she ever found who her her sweetie she would tear them apart and send their organs to their loved ones before the rest of the parts. She was still tapping when he proposed the pairing of them. "Yes, a pairing of our forces will prove most beneficial when the time comes." Her smile returned showing a quick flash of sharpened incisors and teeth flawlessly cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom