Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feed Me!

I've been here, on Chaos, for a little over a year and a half now. I'd like to think my competence as a writer has increased since I've joined way back when in 2014, and this isn't the first writer feedback thread I've put up. I think I've put up one before, maybe two tops, so let's make this one for the first half/quarter/whatever for 2016, shall we?

And as a note for comments on my availability: My work load has increased exponentially, so if there is concern that I am not able to make timely posts, please keep that in mind.

Spencer Varanin said:
anigif_optimized-27916-1428419283-5.gif

Boethiah said:
You're alright, kid.
tumblr_nby9cdPJFv1qfb5cjo4_250.gif

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Braith Achlys"]

I like you, I think you're actually a fantastic writer and a very nice person. You work hard in the Factory and I know you try your best in most situations, sometimes that's lead to a bit of silliness such as a certain kerfuffle in the bounty board thread where you went a bit overboard, but in general you try to do what you think is the best and listen to people when they tell you otherwise. I think you've grown a lot over the year and a half you've been here, and by and large that growth has been positive.

That all being said, here's what I think you should work on;

Your posting is super inconsistent. I realize that your IRL job is very hectic and that your life sometimes gets the better of you, but this is a huge thing that's been pretty much consistent the entire time I've ever written with you. Sometimes your posts take hours, sometimes they take weeks, and a few times they've taken months. Granted, this happens to everyone, but I would tell them exactly the same thing. Try to be more consistent with posts, It's super irritating as a writing partner to have to wait on threads and posts, especially when those threads are important.

Though you've already tried to work on this, I think you need to keep working on communicating with your writing partner. I think in general, you don't really tend to share a lot with whomever your writing with. I'm not sure if you do this on purpose or if you just don't even think about it, but as a person that's written with you quite a bit I've always felt that you never really shared your thoughts, opinions, or plans for a thread until after something important has happened(This is not in reference to that little incident, just a general notion about us writing together). You've tried to work on this, I know, but I still think it's something that needs to be stressed.

You really need to stop caring so much what other people think. There's few people on the board who should matter to you, or whose opinions should matter, mainly those are your direct writing partners. From conversations in the past and from the ways I've seen you act on the board, I know that you care deeply what other people think about you. Stop. First and foremost you're here to have fun, not everyone is going to be your friend, and not everyone is going to think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sometimes your actions are just going to be perceived as bad by others, and you'll just have to live with that. It's not the end of the world if a few people hate you, what should really concern you is the thoughts and opinions of the people you write with and consider your friends.

Finally, sometimes, for whatever reason, you take actions with entirely confuse, irritate, and confound me. This is somewhat referring to our little incident, but it's not wholly based on it. Sometimes it seems you are 100% entirely a slave to your whims. You do things without thinking them through and giving them proper thought, as though you don't, or wont think of the consequences that will occur. This is a huge thing I've seen you do multiple times, with multiple writers, and each time I get frustrated for myself, for them, and with you. In the future, I suggest when this happens to you and you get an urge to conduct a massive change to one of your characters, you stop what you're doing, think about everyone who has ever written with that character and consider how it will effect them. Then, maybe have a conversation with those writers about your plans. This is something I had to learn myself, and I think it's drastically improved how people view me OOC.

As I said, by an large, I like you. I think you're a good person, a good writer, and you try your best. In the end that's all anyone can really ask of anyone on this forum. The things above are in my opinion things that you can and should work on. You can freely ignore me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom